Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

2 minutes ago, red5 said:

What? You then said it came off Godfrey's arm first and Kelechi couldn't do anything about it, suggesting it hit his arm.

I meant that it wasn't conclusive it hit Kelechi's hand either, and that it hit Godfrey first regardless. 

Is the handball rule when attacking a Premier League rule, or one of the laws of the game?

I’ve seen quite a few goals similar to Nachos goal yesterday disallowed, Snodgrass for West Ham springs time mind when the ball hit Rice’s hand in the build up.

I can’t remember seeing a decision like these anywhere else in the world. I watch a quite a bit of a league, it’s usually on in the background though, without me paying to close attention and any other European games on tv likewise.

What I don’t understand is that VAR causes petty little decisions like we saw with Iheanacho, but if you’re going to be petty with that you have to be petty about everything. Being half a centimetre offside or the ball brushing the attackers arm is an offence but it’s more than fine if you take a free kick in your own half 15 yards away from where you’re supposed to take it or something similar with a throw in. At the end of the day, no matter how much technology you have, it’s pointless if the bloke in the middle is useless. 

• Like 1

What I don’t understand is that I can guarantee that the Wolves offside the other week and the handball last night, in the Champions League would be given as goals. It’s almost like the Premier League are actively looking for something wrong witn a goal. 

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

What I don’t understand is that I can guarantee that the Wolves offside the other week and the handball last night, in the Champions League would be given as goals. It’s almost like the Premier League are actively looking for something wrong witn a goal. 

The Wolves one definitely wouldn't have been. 

16 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Strange how in the whole of Europe it works, except here where we do it differently.

15 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Any one know how many times it’s gone in our favour and how many times it hasn’t? Just asking as it feels like we got lots of decisions earlier in the season and getting none at all now. 

Thing is, it should never go in any teams favour as the whole point of it is to ensure decisions are correct. The very fact that fans look at it as gaining or not gaining an advantage shows just how crap it is. What needs to happen is that fans of opposing teams need to be camped outside shockley park and start booing the var ref.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Man City's second goal today came from a corner-kick which was apparently given in error. VAR can't adjudicate on the award of corners, despite their potential for goals.

Please let’s not extend its remit even further .....it’s bad enough interfering as far as it !

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Strange how in the whole of Europe it works, except here where we do it differently.

Europeans believe we are no Good in the Kitchen But we are Great at cooking the Books on VAR...

we cant even be honest legally..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Thing is, it should never go in any teams favour as the whole point of it is to ensure decisions are correct. The very fact that fans look at it as gaining or not gaining an advantage shows just how crap it is. What needs to happen is that fans of opposing teams need to be camped outside shockley park and start booing the var ref.

I appreciate that but I’m still curious, I’ll also agree that it is well basically shite, but is it favouring the big clubs? Some statto will know. 

27 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Any one know how many times it’s gone in our favour and how many times it hasn’t? Just asking as it feels like we got lots of decisions earlier in the season and getting none at all now. 

I've kept track of all decisions overturned (not just VAR agreeing with an onfield decision).

I reckon we've had 8 in our favour, and 6 against.  (Although optastats says we had another one against us - so it might be 8 for, 7 against).

This includes Wigan's disallowed goal in the FA Cup.

I wouldn't say my stats are absolutely 100% correct, but in the right order of magnitude.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, worth_the_wait said:

I've kept track of all decisions overturned (not just VAR agreeing with an onfield decision).

I reckon we've had 8 in our favour, and 6 against.  (Although optastats says we had another one against us - so it might be 8 for, 7 against).

I wouldn't say my stats are absolutely 100% correct, but in the right order of magnitude.

According to google 7 for, 5 against 🤔

29 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Thanks for that, so it’s just in our favour which is fine as this means that we are surely a big club! :scarf: