Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

15 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Only corrects clear and obvious incidents. The original decision was not a penalty. Something tells me if you spend what must have been nearly THREE MINUTES looking at this incident, it is anything but clear and obvious.

Can we just go back to a time when referees were allowed to **** up? Kinda hard to swallow when some muggle can watch on a TV screen 20 times and still come to the wrong decision. Especially when it was correct in the first place

Making it up as they go along.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Why didn’t they check the Soyuncu foul and to see if Keane was offside?

well the clowns using it clearly dont know what they are doing.

at times point it feels like decisions are going against us left right and centre, ad of course the chelsea, man utd etc get the decisions going their way, shocked......i think not

I honestly can’t understand how so many of these decisions have gone against us, it feels like we’re here every week talking about a handball decision.

We don’t get them at one end and then the same incident goes against us at the other end every time.

Couple that with he decisions that have gone for United and Spurs and against Sheff Utd and you have to ask questions about the integrity of the competition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I just don’t get that watching a 3 second clip on a loop for 2 & half minutes is a clear and obvious error on the referees part 

They haven't even looked at some of the more blatant ones like De Bruyne and Brighton last week.

As I said, making it up as they wish.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I honestly can’t understand how so many of these decisions have gone against us, it feels like we’re here every week talking about a handball decision.

We don’t get them at one end and then the same incident goes against us at the other end every time.

Couple that with he decisions that have gone for United and Spurs and against Sheff Utd and you have to ask questions about the integrity of the competition.

not just me thinking that, it feels like the top 6 big clubs seem to get the rub of the green with VAR, 

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

10 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Cos Coote will have said he saw that and didn't deem it a foul so it becomes hard to say clear and obvious error. The handball he will have said he didn't see it hid his hand so once thicko Pawson has finally deemed it to hit his hand he can give the penalty. 

Which is why its all a sham, its not about getting the right decision really, it's about backing the ref up and getting him out of jail if he's missed something obvious. Which negates the argument for it because it isn't the utilitarian wonder that is the only defence for it. 

• Like 4

Craig Pawson strikes again. Slimy little toad has screwed us over so many times its unbelievable. Still, PGMOL will probably have him ref our next game, with Kavanagh on the VAR and Moss as fourth official. Got to make sure they really earn that big fat bribe cheque from Man Utd.

It really is starting to get ridiculous with these handballs. If we felt like there was any consistency I wouldn’t mind the handball given today, but then you compare it to the one not given last week it is very, very hard to take. 

It’s sad that we are now at the stage of hoping those in charge of VAR really are just that incompetent rather than it being something much more serious than that. 

Assuming all the penalties were scored, these handball decisions have cost us at least 8 points and a League Cup Final.

• Like 3

How we didn't get a VAR check for Chilwells Cross just stinks of a stitch up. 

If Wilfreds was, then ours was. 

Man City 2 reds for their keeper H & A and 2 penalty decisions on pens

Chelsea H

Liverpool H

Burnley A 

Villa A

Brighton H

Norwich A 

What else have I missed? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

How we didn't get a VAR check for Chilwells Cross just stinks of a stitch up. 

If Wilfreds was, then ours was. 

Man City 2 reds for their keeper H & A and 2 penalty decisions on pens

Chelsea H

Liverpool H

Burnley A 

Villa A

Brighton H

Norwich A 

What else have I missed? 

West Ham at home. Haller just fell over and the referee couldn't wait to give it.