Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

I’m trying to think of the last team we had that he’d have been a guaranteed starter in. I think it might actually be before we signed Knockaert, I’m not sure he’d have got in the team which reached the play-offs in 2012/13.

8 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Oh thanks, I didn't know. Maybe he was right to start then and his performance was just a one off.

This is not a one off.

Out of ? il be generous aswel 85% of his games for leicester he has been dog shit.

Would be great in league 2 and average in league 1.

I'm honestly surprised hes a so called professional 

• Like 1

we are weaker with him in the team.We are better with Allbrighton in the team.Barnes and Parez dont offer much more.So marc is still the no 1 winger preferably  on the left like when we won the league. Why does each manager have to learn this?Is Gray brilliant in training during international breaks ?

Edited by cropstonfox

I was desperate for him to be a success here.

Was a big fan before he joined us, wanted us to sign him for years before we did because of that i've been far more patient with him then I would with many others players that come in and have flopped.

His time is up now, he's not progressed, he's treading water at best if not regressed if anything.

Move him on and no doubt he'll be a success elsewhere but what's the point having him here when he's not going to progess.

Just now, Manini said:

If I never saw him in a Leicester shirt again I’d be thrilled. Sick of saying it, he’s not good enough. 

To think we turned down £30,000,000!!!

Then we paid £30,000,000 out for Perez.

Talk about wasting money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I actually think he offered more, when he first joined us. 

He had ability but no brain.

He’s like a thin Lee Trundle.

Completely agree. When he came,  Grey used his pace and took on defenders. Over the years he's tried to become a footballer, where he tries to pick out a pass and he just can't do it. He hasn't got a football brain, just like Schlupp. 

45 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Had his chances and he’s played poorly in 95% of them. Get rid of him and invest the money in a world class winger. 

Invest the money in a world class winger? How much are you expecting us to get for him? Our best chance was selling him to Bournemouth for 25 mill. Nobody is going to give us anywhere near that now. 

Just now, Blue ROI said:

Said it before he was the first of the underwhelming signings we made in 2016.

It's just that he didn't join that summer that he got off lightly.

We also spent like £5m on him compared to the huge sums we payed for the others.

Which is why "he got off lightly"

Just now, UniFox21 said:

We also spent like £5m on him compared to the huge sums we payed for the others.

Which is why "he got off lightly"

Not to mention that he made a useful contribution to our title winning season.

He seemed to use the ball a lot more intelligently then. People say he hasn’t kicked on but I think it’s worse than that, I think he’s a worse player now than he was when we signed him. His debut against spurs in the cup he was great, set up a goal and almost scored a screamer. Now he must be about 6th choice set piece taker and I don’t think he’s scored from outside the box for us in about 3 years.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Not to mention that he made a useful contribution to our title winning season.

He seemed to use the ball a lot more intelligently then. People say he hasn’t kicked on but I think it’s worse than that, I think he’s a worse player now than he was when we signed him. His debut against spurs in the cup he was great, set up a goal and almost scored a screamer. Now he must be about 6th choice set piece taker and I don’t think he’s scored from outside the box for us in about 3 years.

Before he didn't seem to use his brain and did it from instinct and enthusiasm. 

Seems like we've tried to make him think too much which has taken away from his raw talent