Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

7 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

True we didn't spend that much on him but Zieler and Hernandez were hardly record signings either and neither has a good reputation.

The first few signings after Nigel Pearson really brought the club down a bit.

The likes of Kante? 

But neither are brought up or labelled our worst signing due to the small fee.

17 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Deserved to start for me - if he has been ripping it up in training as Rodgers says, coupled with his really bright performance against Bournemouth, then it's important to reward that.

Yes he could've played Barnes, but both he and Maddison are untested wide right. I think it was a good decision with the premise that Demarai would take his chance and prove he deserved it.

What has actually happened is Demarai has shat on Rodgers for showing faith in him, by being utterly diabolical again. The one time we had space in behind their midfield in the entire match, he twatted it from 35 yards and it dribbled out. He was back to his greedy f***er, sulking looking at the floor, going down under soft challenges, and doing f*** all to help the team progress in the build-up.

You'd hope he has had a right bollocking in the dressing room afterwards because for a manager to start you over three wingers who have either performed much better or have a better reputation deserves at least some effort and desire to improve and help.

Of all the things in that game, he has proper pissed me off.

His cameo v Bournemouth was quite good, but against a team we were already beating.

All players should show a positive and hungry attitude in training.

I'm afraid I disagree that just because he's been good in training he should get the nod over Barnes & Albrighton who have been consistently good in matches. That sends a negative message to those two players.

If a player is playing well in matches, he shouldn't be dropped. If your standards drop, then you will be dropped and it's up to the replacement to show he's worthy of keeping the shirt.

And that's the message BR should be sending out. 

This isn't Celtic, where we are playing part timers every other week, and you can get away with sub standard performances. As Man City found out yesterday, you can't take anything for granted.

Agree with everything said about Gray, not good enough he needs to move on. But having said that Chilwell also needs a kick up the backside, to many backward and sideways balls not enough attacking runs down the wing and takes an age to take a throw in.

Makes me wonder if it’s something that Southgate as brought into his game.

I find Gray so frustrating. he obviously has plenty of raw talent but he just has not improved. He is no longer an 18 year old "one for the future" and it does not look like he is going to fulfill his potential.

Raw talent only gets you so far, you need a footballing brain and be able to make the right decisions or there will be no end product. I have no problem with him being "greedy" if he was regularly sticking the goals in but this is not the case and its down to knowing when to go on your own and when to pass. Vardy, for example, is a striker who is always going to look to score, but his assists stats also show that he knows when a team mate is in a better position.

I think Gray is going to go down as one of those nearly men. Almost a great player, but unfortunately seems to have stumbled/stagnated. I am sure he could do a job for a lower prem/upper championship side but unless something happens soon he is not up to scratch for a team with top six ambitions.

34 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I find Gray so frustrating. he obviously has plenty of raw talent but he just has not improved. He is no longer an 18 year old "one for the future" and it does not look like he is going to fulfill his potential.

Raw talent only gets you so far, you need a footballing brain and be able to make the right decisions or there will be no end product. I have no problem with him being "greedy" if he was regularly sticking the goals in but this is not the case and its down to knowing when to go on your own and when to pass. Vardy, for example, is a striker who is always going to look to score, but his assists stats also show that he knows when a team mate is in a better position.

I think Gray is going to go down as one of those nearly men. Almost a great player, but unfortunately seems to have stumbled/stagnated. I am sure he could do a job for a lower prem/upper championship side but unless something happens soon he is not up to scratch for a team with top six ambitions.

....going on the Norwich game against Man. City, perhaps he might excel in a regimented format such as that!!!!

The way they play is very controlled and is a certain pattern and the need to understand your position within the team. I think it would simplify the game for Gray and takes the decision making aspect away from him, as within the pattern, he knows where player "A" will be, in relation to his position on the pitch. 

The possibility, that another environment, might suit his needs and could provide that opening he needs to fulfill his potential.

Like any kind of learning, some people do not learn the same and he probably needs another way and approach to get where we believe he should be.

54 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

He needs to get loaned out to championship team in January window.

He is probably okay as a sub but he is nowhere good enough as a starter at this level.

We should have kept Ghezzal instead of Gray I would say...

Steady on lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingKoala said:

He needs to get loaned out to championship team in January window.

He is probably okay as a sub but he is nowhere good enough as a starter at this level.

We should have kept Ghezzal instead of Gray I would say...

Not as crazy as it sounds... 

Gray really is abysmal.