Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

Deserved to start for me - if he has been ripping it up in training as Rodgers says, coupled with his really bright performance against Bournemouth, then it's important to reward that.

Yes he could've played Barnes, but both he and Maddison are untested wide right. I think it was a good decision with the premise that Demarai would take his chance and prove he deserved it.

What has actually happened is Demarai has shat on Rodgers for showing faith in him, by being utterly diabolical again. The one time we had space in behind their midfield in the entire match, he twatted it from 35 yards and it dribbled out. He was back to his greedy f***er, sulking looking at the floor, going down under soft challenges, and doing f*** all to help the team progress in the build-up.

You'd hope he has had a right bollocking in the dressing room afterwards because for a manager to start you over three wingers who have either performed much better or have a better reputation deserves at least some effort and desire to improve and help.

Of all the things in that game, he has proper pissed me off.

I've been stressing patience with Gray for years but I think now I've got to admit that other supporters were right and I was wrong.

He just doesn't offer anything. Doesn't seem like it will ever click for him here. Today was pretty typical of his time with us. Not as bad as some make out but mostly ineffective.

• Like 2

Does anybody genuinely believe he'd be any good elsewhere? I've seen enough. His absolute peak is high end Championship.

I can't believe we're still pissing around with him. Said in pre-season if he features a lot this year there's not a prayer of top six.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

Invest the money in a world class winger? How much are you expecting us to get for him? Our best chance was selling him to Bournemouth for 25 mill. Nobody is going to give us anywhere near that now. 

Obviously we’ll have to put some money in aswell. Take the 15/20 million and add in money and we’d be in a much better position. Although we’d be in a much better position if Rodgers stopped playing Maddison out wide. 

4 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I'd genuinely rather play Ricardo on the wing and put Justin at RB than play Gray now

Without question a better option than playing Gray, and that's without me having ever seen Justin play lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Shouldn't have started today but he came on the other week and played well. 

I'd keep him as an impact player but he needs to improve his game.

hardly good enough to start tho. bizarre from rodgers to even start him in such an important game. what does he bring off the bench?  very rare he does anything tbh

Edited by don_danbury

10 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Shouldn't have started today but he came on the other week and played well. 

I'd keep him as an impact player but he needs to improve his game.

To be an impact player, you have to be able to come on and make an impact.

Not happening I'm afraid.

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

We also spent like £5m on him compared to the huge sums we payed for the others.

Which is why "he got off lightly"

True we didn't spend that much on him but Zieler and Hernandez were hardly record signings either and neither has a good reputation.

The first few signings after Nigel Pearson really brought the club down a bit.

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

He’s a scape goat today. He wasn’t the only one who offered absolutely nothing 

You re right everyone bar Evans, Kasper, Wilf and to an extent Madders was poor. But my exasperation is that Gray fluffs his lines everytime he starts and I'm over giving him a chance.

• Like 3