Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

15 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

think he won the ball back for Barnes goal didn't he?

I was being slightly sarcastic, as I think we scored our three goals with him on the pitch, given his poor form and the stick he has taken, he had quite an impact😁

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I don't see him get clattered, seemed like he was on his own. Those are always the worst.

Looked like there was a little collision (not malicious) with their defender and that was it. No replays or anything on the coverage. I reckon he might have jarred it or twisted it as he landed?

He walked off which is promising but no doubt there'll be scans over next few days.

I hope for his sake, and the team's, that he's not injured badly. Can't be losing players so frequently with this run of games coming up.

2 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Fairly certain it was from a challenge. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Looked like there was a little collision (not malicious) with their defender and that was it. No replays or anything on the coverage. I reckon he might have jarred it or twisted it as he landed?

He walked off which is promising but no doubt there'll be scans over next few days.

I hope for his sake, and the team's, that he's not injured badly. Can't be losing players so frequently with this run of games coming up.

I think I was writing a post in the match thread, looked up and he was on the floor.

On 12/02/2021 at 10:01, Kevin Russell said:

People get frustrated to see him start over better alternatives - this boils over into slating him. Then he starts to make errors and it all gets worse. I think people are all reluctant to criticise BR because he is doing a very good job overall. He seems to have a blind spot where Perez is concerned, or he really believes he’ll turn it around.

On 12/02/2021 at 10:34, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'll criticise him. Brendan just stop it - now!!

On 12/02/2021 at 10:48, RumbleFox said:

This may be true but, playing devil’s advocate, it could be that some fans have a blind spot when it comes to Perez. Rodgers is an elite manager, probably the best British manager in the world right now and he obviously sees something. As stated before, Perez’s stats for tackling and interceptions are, per 90 minutes, better than any other of our attacking player’s stats. Ok so tackling and intercepting isn’t exactly sexy or what most people want from an attacking player but they do show that he clearly has a role in the team, the fall guy if you will. Just like Okazaki. I’m not saying he is great and I’d probably rather have Albrighton play over him but the amount of stick he gets is disproportional and unjust. X 

nice collsction...

There are players that gives the manager  player(s) the ' collective-team'....& see the bigger picture.....

Fans just choose that blind alley...and Keep getting their own big picture nicked....:D

Fans, pundits alike..forget that Football & other sports, draw or paint their pictures, the participants are just The pens/Brushes The manager the palette  chooses

the  mix..

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been asking for an impact from Perez. Came on and single handedly caused hatred amongst the Liverpool ranks after him squaring up to Robertson last season and bamboozled them to capitulation. Well done Ayoze and get well soon.

Yeah, they lost their minds and we got in amongst them! 

seriously though, I think he played well and he works hard (as the stats show), has a really good touch but unfortunately like in FIFA, he’s much maligned as he’s not quick.

He’s a solid squad player but even more hurt by the fact he’s not starting qualify for what we need but he’s clearly well liked by the team and brings us good depth and cover for a number of positions. 

get well soon Ayo

• Like 3

He also had an impact of allowing us to change formation. 

When he came on we went to a diamond and Barnes when up front with Vardy.

We suddenly looked like we’d score from every attack whereas before we didn’t look like we’d ever score again 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cropwellfox said:

Brendan just said it’s a sore one, foot got caught in the turf and they’ll know more in next couple of days. Fingers crossed not another season ended. Could do with Praet recovering more quickly than scheduled thats for sure 

.....when Rodgers gives you an update, you know it is worse than he says!!!

7 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Sick of people giving our squad players stick, especially if they are in and out of the side, or playing in a sub-optimal position for the benefit of the team. If Mendy, Perez, Albrighton, Amartey, Fuchs, Kel, Hamza, Thomas etc, had not given their best when needed we wouldn't be in such a good position.

They have kept us afloat this season, and will do so again.

100% they are all part of probably the best squad we have ever had.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Sick of people giving our squad players stick, especially if they are in and out of the side, or playing in a sub-optimal position for the benefit of the team. If Mendy, Perez, Albrighton, Amartey, Fuchs, Kel, Hamza, Thomas etc, had not given their best when needed we wouldn't be in such a good position.

I agree to an extent, but Perez and Kelechi were bought for a lot of money and very rarely perform except in the odd game. They are not players I feel confident in, Nacho I think is a mentality thing and I believe he could still come good, but it's just not going to happen while Vardy is our talisman. Perez has had plenty of game time and opportunities and rarely delivered. I hope his injury is not serious partly because I want us to be able to sell him in the summer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

I agree to an extent, but Perez and Kelechi were bought for a lot of money and very rarely perform except in the odd game. They are not players I feel confident in, Nacho I think is a mentality thing and I believe he could still come good, but it's just not going to happen while Vardy is our talisman. Perez has had plenty of game time and opportunities and rarely delivered. I hope his injury is not serious partly because I want us to be able to sell him in the summer.

It's the disrespectful hammering that gets me, rather than the justifiable criticism. A player can be not good enough for us without some of the language that gets used on here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It's the disrespectful hammering that gets me, rather than the justifiable criticism. A player can be not good enough for us without some of the language that gets used on here.

Fair enough, I just tend to put those posters on ignore and stay out the match day thread. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Captain... said:

I think Perez is a decent player. He is good as a supporting striker/forward with good touches around the box. He has also chipped in defensively lately - his injury came as a result of a tackle he made! He has just been played out of position and I feel he could actually deputise at no. 10 for Maddison in the right games - his trouble is that Rodgers prefers Maddison at No. 10 and prefer Vardy in lone striker system. If Rodgers plays him, Rodgers need to adjust the system to suit his game. Anyway, he is doing what he is doing - playing out of position - for the team. Support him I’d say.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/02/2021 at 08:49, Vardinio'sCat said:

Amazing squad we have that we can have the likes of Gray (before he left) not even being in the squad  and the players mentioned as “squad” players when all of them can walk into a number of EPL first teams. Considering the injuries we have had this season as well they should be playing more, but it shows how deep our squad is.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1