Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Jamie Vardy- World Class?

24 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

By all means I agree. He was never utilised properly by any England set up. He was wasting his time and he knew it.

Still think it's an error from England though. Not many teams going to Euro 2020 can boast two top strikers. We can and one of them won't even go.

I agree. To me he is world class and it is a big shame that Southgate does not utilise him properly leading to his decision to not join. He is better than Kane in my opinion for England. In fact, I think Son is more suited and better for the Spurs than Kane is. They are obviously experts, but it seems to me there is an unreasonable obsession with Kane that overrides what is best for the team.  For example, the insistence on playing Kane for Spurs in the ECL finals last year was crazy, when he was not fully fit and the team flourished without him.

• Like 3

Kane would never score  most  of the half chances that Vardy does, as he never makes the same runs into space, inviting the pass that leaves  him with just the keeper to beat. If Southgate had ever utilised him as Leicester do, I doubt he would have retired and would certainly have had more impact than his record shows. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, car1os said:

I don’t think there is a striker in the world game like Vardy.

Ok, so most of his goals are basically him running in behind and belting it past the keeper, but if you look more closely he can strike with either foot, can score from any angle, is a great header of the ball, is focussed on the team as opposed to just his own game, and is also a clever crosser of the ball in wide areas. 

He has a fantastic conversion rate, single-handedly forces teams to set up against his strengths, and leads from the front in all aspects of his game. Furthermore, I think he loves the club and knows the club and fans love him. We’re very lucky to have him (and him us!), and I think our unique striker for the above reasons is world class

Edit - let’s not forget his 11-game record!

Totally agree mate

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I know I shouldn’t, but I can’t help but think that I will be somewhat happier than usual if Vardy scores a goal against Man Utd on a counter out pacing Maguire on along the way.

Maguire will know Vardy’s moves inside out. But as he’s as slow as a doped cart horse it really won’t matter much. 😂

18 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Maguire will know Vardy’s moves inside out. But as he’s as slow as a doped cart horse it really won’t matter much. 😂

Vardy would be Maguires worst nightmare.  A centre forward that likes to play on the CBs shoulder.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 03/09/2019 at 07:34, MC Prussian said:

He could well be the secret weapon in case Kane malfunctions. :D
Seriously, call him up, put him on the bench, bring him on in dire situations, feed him and see the magic develop.

Even as a substitute, he could do the trick. A bit like Solskjaer for Manchester United.

He's at present the second-best in-form English striker in a top division behind Abraham, on par with Kane.

I'm just happy seeing Vardy score again on a more regular basis, here's to more to come. :fc:

All Leicester players should boycott England with the current load of muppets in charge. 

We are a joke, we can beat 3rd and 2nd rate teams but soon as we come up a tier 1 nation we lose. 

I can't express how much I loathe to watch England these days. 

Vardy did the right thing quitting, being dragged all around the world then getting shoved on the left wing for 25 mins must have been soul destroying. 

38 more goals for the club and he'll have reached Ernie Hine level (156).

That's right - towards the end of next season, Vardy could potentially equal a record from the 2-3-5 formation era and become LCFC's 3rd highest goalscorer of all times.

Edited by MC Prussian

22 minutes ago, Cujek said:

All Leicester players should boycott England with the current load of muppets in charge. 

We are a joke, we can beat 3rd and 2nd rate teams but soon as we come up a tier 1 nation we lose. 

I can't express how much I loathe to watch England these days. 

Vardy did the right thing quitting, being dragged all around the world then getting shoved on the left wing for 25 mins must have been soul destroying. 

Absolutely right. The only time Southgate will relycrantly pick Vardy is if, like last time, he has to been seen to do so because the fans and the media recognise his undoubted talents. He would then just let him rot on the bench again. So don't waste your time on that bunch of muppets Jamie, just remain where you're really appreciated and show em up!

Guest An Sionnach

Vardy doesn't need England to raise his profile, he is world famous already and although he is not Messi or Lewandowski he is easily one of the top ten strikers in the business.

Guest An Sionnach
29 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Almost sacrilege to say this but JV is the closest i have seen to Denis Law. Cant give him any higher praise than that.

Good call that, same height,same build , same lightening pace and same cool and ruthlessness in scoring positions . I think Denis shaded it in the air though ,who said white guys can't jump , D.L.could jump 5ft off of the ground !

14 minutes ago, Tiny earl said:

He's nine goals away from 100 goals,all being well he will do it this season.

Iknow he'll eventually have a statue but can anyone think of a fitting tribute

we can celebrate with him,inside he ground.

do you think top would stump up for cheeky vimtos for every fan?

• Haha 1