Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Jamie Vardy- World Class?

His touch, movement and finishing are top class and, ridiculously, still seem to be improving. When he does eventually lose his pace, he'll still be a hell of a poacher and we'll have the pace in the side to do the running for him.

If he'd have gone to Arsenal in 2016, he may have taken six months to a full season to acclimatise but he'd have done it.

It's telling that we've transitioned from one style of play to a completely different style of play, under multiple managers, and he's still top dog.

I'd love it if he manages to get himself a testimonial here.

World class? Yep.

8 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He’d never play though. Not in his correct position, nor the team in a way that suits him. 

Its criminal, but it’s fact

7 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

They wouldn’t play him because they’ve got their heads all wedges up Kane’s arse. 

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He actually should. I think he's too good for England to not take. They won't though.

He could well be the secret weapon in case Kane malfunctions. :D
Seriously, call him up, put him on the bench, bring him on in dire situations, feed him and see the magic develop.

Even as a substitute, he could do the trick. A bit like Solskjaer for Manchester United.

He's at present the second-best in-form English striker in a top division behind Abraham, on par with Kane.

I'm just happy seeing Vardy score again on a more regular basis, here's to more to come. :fc:

19 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

It's all based on how you define world class to be honest which is subjective in itself.  To me it's one of the top 2 or 3 players in the world in your position so on that basis no he's not world class.

Someone else might interpret it differently and based on that interpretation he may be in that persons thinking.

A good example of the interpretation would be when Sir Alex Ferguson said during all his years at Man Utd he only ever had four world class players.

Whatever he is he is one hell of a striker and will go down among the EPL greats imo.  The fact he's stayed with Leicester heightens that as well imo.

Who were the 4, out of interest? 

7 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Goes missing when against deep defenses. Very good striker and world class when he’s got space to run into but doesn’t offer enough vs deep lying teams. 

That's more of a reflection of the teams struggles. He's actually improved significantly against teams that do this. He only needs one change and he takes it at least 7/10 

On 01/09/2019 at 10:24, Captain... said:

Because Vardy epitomises Leicester, he is a legend here and everything he is sums up Leicester as a club. I wouldn't swap Vardy for Kane but if I was putting together a best of premier league team it wouldn't include Vardy but it would probably include Kane in the first 11 (depending on formation) or as a sub.

Its all opinions innit.

But yours is wrong.

13 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

His touch, movement and finishing are top class and, ridiculously, still seem to be improving. When he does eventually lose his pace, he'll still be a hell of a poacher and we'll have the pace in the side to do the running for him.

If he'd have gone to Arsenal in 2016, he may have taken six months to a full season to acclimatise but he'd have done it.

It's telling that we've transitioned from one style of play to a completely different style of play, under multiple managers, and he's still top dog.

I'd love it if he manages to get himself a testimonial here.

World class? Yep.

There's not much football wise that I have a problem letting go of, but the whole 'he can only play one way' (especially when it comes to reasons he never played more for England) kills me. And it still a thing, in the same way 'Leicester are a counter attacking team' is somehow still a thing. 

Instead of Vardy we have Marcus ****ing Rashford. And Kane, who against anyone half decent has to come 30 yards out with his back to goal, his only aim seemingly to win a foul by pretending to have been given a light bumming. England's midfield is absolute turd.

• Like 2

I don't care much what pundits, commentators, journos, non-LCFC fans think, he's been world class without a doubt since 2015/16. It's only because he plays for Leicester his name isn't mentioned together in one breath with the likes of Kane, Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero or whoever else is up there in the top strikers rankings on popular football sites. If he was playing for any of the regular top 6 clubs or some top European club that plays in Champions League every year (like Lewandowski, Cavani or Griezmann), he'd be in all those  rankings. It's like with Kante who went under most people's radar until Chelsea bought him and Deschamps gave him a starting spot in France team, then the whole world suddenly could see how good he is, even if we knew it many months before that.

Most player's form fluctuates, and Vards is no different, but even when he has a worse season like 16/17 was, he still nets a decent amount of goals. Last season he had scored 18 goals and I'm convinced if it wasn't for an ostrich called Puel whose tactics stifled him, he'd be a top scorer. This season he seems to be in top form from the very beginning, looks very well prepared physically and mentally, so I'm looking forward to see him becoming top goalscorer and leaving the likes of Kane, Aguero and Salah behind.

Based on his current disposition, I'd rate him above Benzema, Higuain, Suarez, Firmino, Mane, Cavani, Aubameyang, Dzeko, Kane and many other great strikers.

Actually I'm pretty sure he'd walk into any top European club starting 11, and that includes Barca, Real, Juventus... maybe except Man City's. No doubt he's better than Jesus though and performs miracles more often (goals scored in 11 consecutive matches, 5000/1!!) :thumbup:

Edited by Chester Dontlie

On 03/09/2019 at 08:44, Dan LCFC said:

He actually should. I think he's too good for England to not take. They won't though.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the England team now.

It's great for us he now gets time off to concentrate on LCFC rather than all the travelling, and then wasting his time sitting on the England bench, possibly to get on for a few minutes towards the end of a match. 

He was right to retire from international football. It was a sensible move to prolong his P/L career for as long as possible. 

And I agree with other posters that if he'd played for a so called glamour club he would be talked about as a world class player. Conversely, I doubt he would have achieved what he has done if he had played for a so called glamour club.

Sometimes players/managers are just a perfect fit for a club, and I think Leicester City and Vardy is a perfect example of that.

• Like 1

Vardy has been immense for us because he is our game plan.

Times when we havent played to his strengths he has looked pedestrian.

Relying on Vardy is a risk as we have no direct replacement and next to nothing in back up options.

We cant say the risk hasnt been worth it over the years though and what a player, what a legend, what a man he is for us!!

I think its fair to say IF the likes of Barca, Real, Juve played to his strengths he would be just as successful.

:vardy::wub::appl::worship:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Vardy has been immense for us because he is our game plan.

Times when we havent played to his strengths he has looked pedestrian.

Relying on Vardy is a risk as we have no direct replacement and next to nothing in back up options.

We cant say the risk hasnt been worth it over the years though and what a player, what a legend, what a man he is for us!!

I think its fair to say IF the likes of Barca, Real, Juve played to his strengths he would be just as successful.

:vardy::wub::appl::worship:

He’d be World Class at Club Tropicana

13 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the England team now.

It's great for us he now gets time off to concentrate on LCFC rather than all the travelling, and then wasting his time sitting on the England bench, possibly to get on for a few minutes towards the end of a match. 

He was right to retire from international football. It was a sensible move to prolong his P/L career for as long as possible. 

And I agree with other posters that if he'd played for a so called glamour club he would be talked about as a world class player. Conversely, I doubt he would have achieved what he has done if he had played for a so called glamour club.

Sometimes players/managers are just a perfect fit for a club, and I think Leicester City and Vardy is a perfect example of that.

By all means I agree. He was never utilised properly by any England set up. He was wasting his time and he knew it.

Still think it's an error from England though. Not many teams going to Euro 2020 can boast two top strikers. We can and one of them won't even go.

• Like 2