Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Yanited A pre match

Must win…. One of my best mates is a Man U fan (actually from Manchester)…. We have a ten pound gentleman’s bet on who’ll finish higher…. I have been giving him proper pelters last couple of weeks…. 

6 point gap please…

• Like 1

Mouth watering already at this stage of the season. I've watched a few of United's games this season and they seriously lack conviction - I genuinely don't think it's down to attitude either; they just don't have a squad that gels, or even possesses the quality to succeed. I don't think it's unfair to say that we're the best team that they'll have come up against this season, and the pressure to perform and attack at Old Trafford could easily play into our hands. 

Utd are there for the taking. Confidence eroding, dodgy results, get at them and they crumble. Vardy is literally on fire and they ain’t about to extinguish him. 

Be bold, be brave and go for it. 

Only caveat being whether or not the real Paul Pogba turns up or the occasional superstar. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Utd are there for the taking. Confidence eroding, dodgy results, get at them and they crumble. Vardy is literally on fire and they ain’t about to extinguish him. 

Be bold, be brave and go for it. 

Only caveat being whether or the real Paul Pogba turns up or the occasional superstar. 

This is the gist of it.  Don't treat them like Sir Alex is glowering at you from their bench and they have a flotilla of world class players.  The worst thing we can do is show them too much respect (and starting the same overly defensive lineup that was terrible in the first three games would be too much respect).  Take the match to them, start a side that can attack them relentlessly, and get the three points.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Is it too soon, or could we get Solskjaer the sack? 

Too early to get the sack, but if we turn up, turn it on and demo them (which I think we’re more than capable of) then it’ll be the big shadow of doubt and really kill any support behind Solskjaer. We did exactly that to Van Gaal, yes he stayed way past the 5-3, but that really cast a shadow over his tenure there. You advantage us to do so because if that Man U squad drops their heads and they go full mutiny again then they could be in for a Chelsea 2015/16 and it gives us an opportunity to overtake them.

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He literally isn't.

You had to be wrong once...

I’m not wrong. I saw a little puff of smoke come out of him after that first goal. Some fires burn deep and hot. 

Anyway, talk to my wife, where I am #neverright. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Is it too soon, or could we get Solskjaer the sack? 

I hope not. I'm loving that he's the manager there and Lampard is at Chelsea coupled with the problems they have. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

can’t recall ever starting a pre match thread and can’t recall us ever winning at OT since FT has existed ..... 

huge game for us ....... this and spurs to follow we need to avoid defeat and if we pick up 4 points then we will be a serious top four contender 

lets hope for  players coming back from int duty with no knocks and perhaps some further confidence boosts .....

I think it was 1997-98 last time, in the league at least. 1-0 Tony Cottee? I may stand corrected but can’t remember a league win against them  since.

17 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think it was 1997-98 last time, in the league at least. 1-0 Tony Cottee? I may stand corrected but can’t remember a league win against them  since.

Not at OT, but we beat them 5-3 on our first season back, one of my favourite every games.

• Like 1