Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Brendan Rodgers

But...just Stop und think.....!!! > for all involved & fanatical, Plus bombastically One sided..!!! On a  Footy-forum..impossible, I know<

Rodgers,might just be right in his ideology and a quite a few on here totally wrong, insistent that only "Your Way makes obvious sense"

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Wonder if Brendan is Feeling Excited And Ready?

Or will he again Fail Expectations And Retreat?

I liked how the banners in the Stretford End had all the pun bits in red so you knew they were a pun on one Manc anthem or another. "ADORED", yeah we get it lads.

5 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Jury out so far.communication better than Puel and probably more likeable.

But......has not signed anyone to get us out oir seats and now plays Choudry instead of Allbrighton.

Vardy happier and fitter but very isolated. Tomorrow a very good benchmark.

Choudhury 

Albrighton 

Vardy 

Spot the deliberate mistake? 

Edited by weller54

On 05/09/2019 at 10:58, Goober said:

Before the season started I was very much against all the hype we were getting and wanted us to go under the radar. Have to say I'm loving the opposite at the minute and long may it continue.

Brendan has turned the club around from the moment he walked in. Definitely has more of an aura about him after his spell in Scotland. Confident that we couldn't be in better hands as a club.

Agreed 👍 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Jury out so far.communication better than Puel and probably more likeable.

But......has not signed anyone to get us out oir seats and now plays Choudry instead of Allbrighton.

Vardy happier and fitter but very isolated. Tomorrow a very good benchmark.

I'd say Tielemans was a pretty big signing for us, even if he hasn't been 100% so far this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He needs to sort out the slow starts, That's just not acceptable especially at home.  Then settle into the game while we figure Spurs out.

We need a win to build confidence but he also needs to be more flexible both in formations and personnel.

you could've said that this time last year. word for word.

5 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

you could've said that this time last year. word for word.

I can understand why you think that but not correct. There's a difference in approach.

Puel sent the team out tight and compact, while he worked out what approach the opposition were taking. Then adjusted things which is why we came back strong second half in many games. 

Rogers is sending them out in a very definite formation looking to seize the game but it's not working mainly because we're starting games too slowly. Then trying to play catch up.

He needs to learn quickly that results are important. He;s not in Scotland were a rigid system will be enough to overcome the opposition there. 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 19:21, l444ry said:

There's controlling a game and there's dominating a game. We have the majority of possession most games. If you really expect us to dominate sides like Man Utd away in the way you seem to indicate then that's fantasy given the short time Rodgers has been with us. 

Did you watch the game? Man UTD were there to be dominated. Stop fearing and crediting them due to their name and history. They are sh1t this season. 

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Did you watch the game? Man UTD were there to be dominated. Stop fearing and crediting them due to their name and history. They are sh1t this season. 

Yes mate. Was in the ground with the City fans. You?  

This man deserves a lot of credit today. Clearly got it wrong last week but  showed he's willing to learn from it and the decisions paid off.

What stood out for me was his game management in the second half when we were under pressure. You could see Tielemans was tired and having a lesser influence on the game, but Rodgers wasn't afraid to take him off. And by bringing Hamza on, we had fresh legs to sure up the midfield and ultimately played his part in the winner. Had he started with all three again, we wouldn't have had that option.

Edited by TK95

BR was brilliant today and deserves a 10/10 for today's performance. He pulled the midfield and forward line apart and came up with a master plan.

As a team we looked more balanced all over the park except possibly LM and LB. Maddison back to his best in the 10 position driving us forward along Tielimans.

Vardy offered more to the team out wide and found some space while also confusing Spurs early on, and working well with Barnes who offered plenty.

No slow start today either, We just have to keep it up.

Great Managers are never afraid to change something when it's not quite working and it wasn't. For that he deserves great credit.

Today, ( regardless of result ) was the first time I felt he could be the Manager to take us to the next level.

The result was just what he deserved for his performance today and out witted Poch who is highly regarded by many.