Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v Bulgaria - Wembley Sat @ 5pm (ITV)

Happy for the win, but as always would have liked to have seen more of an attacking side.

Playing a team that's just going to sit everyone back there's no need to play more than one defensive minded midfielder.

Would have loved to have seen Madders on together with Mount with Sancho and Sterling out wide.

Maddison & Chilly probably start the next game.

Starting to sound abit Man City & UEFA with some of the things in here. It's an England match at Wembley against a lesser nation, don't know what people expect

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

I'm not that bothered that Maddison has been overlooked again - but it may well help to persuade him that the only way he can become a regular international is to move to one of Big 6 (sic) .

If Mount was playing for us or Wolves I doubt if he would be anywhere near a call-up yet.

But that is the way it's always been. Izzet played for Turkey mostly because his talents were not recognised at Leicester. If he'd stayed with Chelsea, then he may well have become an England regular. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

As soon as Vardy played for England his form went down the pan and so did Drinkwater's and Chilwell's is suffering . Do you really want that for Maddison .Be very careful what you wish for.

Bloody hell. Chris Sutton isn't such a cvnt after all.

England 4-0 Bulgaria

b49ccce5-5474-45b3-af9e-fddb2865fb56.jpg

Chris Sutton

Premier League winner with Blackburn on BBC Radio 5 live

I am surprised James Maddison did not start today. I think he's the best English midfield player.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I won’t bother watching if it’s same again next game, Leicester hating filth loving scum bag!

19 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Looks like we're gonna have the Vardy frustration all over again with Maddison :unsure:

Pretty sure Madders will become an England poster boy ..   just hope he’s still playing for us when that happens ..

30 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Would be interested to know how Maddison's stats compare to Mount in their previous seasons in the Championship?

Either way there is no chance Mount gets in this England squad if he didn't play for a top 6 club, let alone coming off the bench today

James Maddison:

17/18 Championship 

44 apps  (3,643 mins) 14 goals 8 assists 

18/19 Prem 

36 apps 7 goals 7 assist 

19/20 Prem 

4 games 2 assists 

Mason Mount:

18/19 Championship

35 apps 3,051 mins 8 goals 5 assists 

19/20 Prem 

4 apps 2 goals 

So Maddison got 6 goals more and 3 additional assists in his championship season, admittedly playing 9 more games. 

But Statistically was a better player, but then he also has an entire season in the Prem, scoring 7 goals and 7 assists. 

How Mount is getting in ahead of him is beyond me.

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Do people realise that Maddison will probably start on Tuesday and get at least an hour, along with Sancho. 

There was no need for him to come on today. 

Mate i think you've missed the entire discussion on this.

Its the fact he was overlooked for Barkley, Ox and Mount. 

Today was a full strength team pretty much and he wasn't deemed good enough for it. This isn't just everyone moaning that he wasnt given minutes.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Mate i think you've missed the entire discussion on this.

Its the fact he was overlooked for Barkley, Ox and Mount. 

Today was a full strength team pretty much and he wasn't deemed good enough for it. This isn't just everyone moaning that he wasnt given minutes.

Kosovo are the stronger side so Tuesday night should  be a tougher game ....