Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England v Bulgaria - Wembley Sat @ 5pm (ITV)

The only reason maddison even got into the squad was because of the shit his agent said about him having an irish granny and going to the FIA. I reckon he just panicked because he didn't want the potential PR disaster of one of englands best prospects being captured by the FAI.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Haha 2

I hate the England set up. How can some of these players still get in the squad? Ox has done nothing since his early career, several years of average but is still in there. Barkley is bang average and always has been, why is he there? Dyer, Delph, Lingard, even Alli have all been out of form for some time. They've not added anything much to the England team in the past, always losing to any half decent opposition. 

It is time to play players on form and merit. Not because of their previous caps or because the top teams pay the FA to rest their players in the latter matches of the international breaks. 

Stop being corrupt and start taking our international form seriously. We've not won anything since 1966, yet we have some of the most promising young players breaking through, not getting their chance. 

It'll never change. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Bringing on Mount and not Madderson, really.  Nothing against Mount but if he played for anyone outside the top-6 he wouldn’t be on the pitch. 

What a dull game for 4-0

He plays for Chelsea. The sad thing is that they are 11th and unlikely to make top 6 all season because of the "quality" of their players. A strange substitution. A good scoreline. A boring game. A team that would be exposed against any decent national side.  But worst of all we had to listen to Glenn inane Hoddlespur throughout the match.

3 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I hate the England set up. How can some of these players still get in the squad? Ox has done nothing since his early career, several years of average but is still in there. Barkley is bang average and always has been, why is he there? Dyer, Delph, Lingard, even Alli have all been out of form for some time. They've not added anything much to the England team in the past, always losing to any half decent opposition. 

It is time to play players on form and merit. Not because of their previous caps or because the top teams pay the FA to rest their players in the latter matches of the international breaks. 

Stop being corrupt and start taking our international form seriously. We've not won anything since 1966, yet we have some of the most promising young players breaking through, not getting their chance. 

It'll never change. 

Didn’t Hudson Odoi get an England cap before he played a league game. Plays for Chelsea funnily enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

So Chilwell is starting the next game due to suspension?

That guy has to be the luckiest person going to be playing a game for his country this season.

I wouldn't even have him in my 5-aside team at the moment as he's a complete liability. 

How have you worked that out? He was first choice last season and there's not really any reason for that to have changed considering his competition is Luke Shaw (injured) and Danny Rose (shit). He was awful against Wolves but better against Bournemouth and created the opener. I know you have a personal dislike of him but I can't agree that he's a complete liability at all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

That guy has to be the luckiest person going to be playing a game for his country this season.

I wouldn't even have him in my 5-aside team at the moment as he's a complete liability. 

What a bizarre comment, I can think of a few players who are lucky to be playing for their country, Chilwell certainly isn’t one of them.

a complete liability?? Can you specify the exact times he has let us or England down?

How many goals have been his fault?

• Like 3

Tuned in feeling optimistic then just felt depressed as soon as I saw the line up. When Southgate first came in he seemed to at least mix it up a bt but now it appears he's a full on FA yes man. It's so depressing that manager after manager keep picking the same old boring names.

Even if I take off my blue tinted specs it was still a depressing line up. Barkley has been poor and Rose just isn't our best option. Even if Mount started over Maddison I'd at least have thought "well at least he's trying new things". Maddison has created more chances than any other English player in the PL over the last year, it's madness he hasn't been capped yet. And TAA should be one of the first names on the teamsheet. Ox is a good player but has been injured for months and done nothing yet to warrant a place. I used to love watching England but have really not enjoyed many games since Euro '96. You just know we'll breeze through qualifying then buckle at the first half decent team we play in a tournament. I'd rather go out all guns blazing and at least have a manager that genuinely picks players on merit and form regardless of age/parent club.

Southgate seems a genuinely nice guy, I like him a lot but he's becoming an increasingly uninspiring manager. Or maybe I'm just getting old? X 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Collymore said:

Yeah, you're wrong

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Tuned in feeling optimistic then just felt depressed as soon as I saw the line up. When Southgate first came in he seemed to at least mix it up a bt but now it appears he's a full on FA yes man. It's so depressing that manager after manager keep picking the same old boring names.

Even if I take off my blue tinted specs it was still a depressing line up. Barkley has been poor and Rose just isn't our best option. Even if Mount started over Maddison I'd at least have thought "well at least he's trying new things". Maddison has created more chances than any other English player in the PL over the last year, it's madness he hasn't been capped yet. And TAA should be one of the first names on the teamsheet. Ox is a good player but has been injured for months and done nothing yet to warrant a place. I used to love watching England but have really not enjoyed many games since Euro '96. You just know we'll breeze through qualifying then buckle at the first half decent team we play in a tournament. I'd rather go out all guns blazing and at least have a manager that genuinely picks players on merit and form regardless of age/parent club.

Southgate seems a genuinely nice guy, I like him a lot but he's becoming an increasingly uninspiring manager. Or maybe I'm just getting old? X 

The fa have their agenda so will only ever appoint a yes man.

I know its easy for me to say because i will never be in that situation but if i were a young player i would avoid the whole england set up.

Youre representing your country. You should have to earn it by consistently proving you are the best at what you do.

8 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

hows that the two options, you muppet. 

Jeez calm down mate had a bad day have we lol

Just two managers I have selected in recent history that have underachieved and that I class as poor. (Could’ve chosen many more admittedly, that classification basically sums up 99% of England’s gaffers)

34 minutes ago, Royston. said:

The fa have their agenda so will only ever appoint a yes man.

I know its easy for me to say because i will never be in that situation but if i were a young player i would avoid the whole england set up.

Youre representing your country. You should have to earn it by consistently proving you are the best at what you do.

And you can't blame Southgate for arse kissing. He wouldn't get a job as a Premier league manager - he must wake up every morning laughing in disbelief that he has the England job.

Guest An Sionnach

International managers are often failed club managers these days , can't expect them to do any better in representative football . Southgate + England , Guardiola + Man. City ,we are not talking about the same thing here apart from there being eleven men and a round ball.

What's frustrating is that as long as we didn't completely take the piss by playing a totally unbalanced squad we could play Winks, Mount and Maddison in a three against Kosovo and Bulgaria. We'd learn more from that than what we have done so far which is absolutely f ucking nothing. I've stuck up for Southgate plenty of times but its frustrating to see somebody that was very inventive in Russia reverting to England-manager type.

• Like 3