Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

32 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I do like the bloke as a manager. 

He is just a bit of a shirker when he cocks up or doesn't get something right. It's a really unpleasant quality. 

Personally think he is doing a great job - last years fall away was as much about widespread injuries as a loss of confidence following defeat to Liverpool and Man City - IMO.

From a personality perspective though, I always get a sense of an underlying insincerity and just a little bit manufactured humbleness. It's not an appealing trait

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure there's a single manager who likes coming out and admitting their faults in public. He'll know what they are. To be honest, whatever he says, someone will find fault with it. 

And by the way, one only has to see the absurd lengths that some FT contributors go to in covering their arses, changing the subject and general obfuscation to realise that people generally just aren't that good at realising they've got something wrong. Again. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not sure there's a single manager who likes coming out and admitting their faults in public. He'll know what they are. To be honest, whatever he says, someone will find fault with it. 

And by the way, one only has to see the absurd lengths that some FT contributors go to in covering their arses, changing the subject and general obfuscation to realise that people generally just aren't that good at realising they've got something wrong. Again. 

You're perhaps right about FT. We are awful people by dent if just being on here.

I've made tonnes of mistakes at work and when I do hold my hands up and admit it. People find it hard to be too pissed off if you cop to it. Brendan made a mistake in squad size and has been paying out the 'ohh we're not a big club' and 'i need more players' lines. Both of which are his issues. Edit - I should add he publicly lauded a small squad, choosing his own error. 

In not acknowledging the mistakes he's trying to cover up his shortcomings to protect his brand. Dislikable and weasly way of operating. 

He's doing a good job though, so I'm not looking for his head or anything. Just very cautious at how he's conducting himself. 

Some on here hate Puel because he was boring and that's fine: the bloke could bore a mining shaft. That didn't bother me quite so much, though I wasn't a raving fan. I find Brendan Rodgers very untrustworthy, borderline serpentine, which does bother me greatly. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Brendan made a mistake in squad size and has been paying out the 'ohh we're not a big club' and 'i need more players' lines. Both of which are his issues. Edit - I should add he publicly lauded a small squad, choosing his own error. 

Oh come on, having a small squad wasn't the problem, it was the quality of the squad. 

We used 23 players last season, the issue is 7-8 of them weren't unto standard.

Do you think if the club said Brendan you have a 100m to spend in the January window, he would have said "Nope I love a small squad"

You are painting this narrative without knowing how much money he was given in the January window.

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Oh come on, having a small squad wasn't the problem, it was the quality of the squad. 

We used 23 players last season, the issue is 7-8 of them weren't unto standard.

Do you think if the club said Brendan you have a 100m to spend in the January window, he would have said "Nope I love a small squad"

You are painting this narrative without knowing how much money he was given in the January window.

No. I'm going off him saying there weren't any signings because he liked a small squad. That's directly what he said. I can't be arsed to dig out the link but I've posted it before.

He set up his own patard and was duly hoisted by it. If he wanted more signings but didn't have the money he could've said that - he's saying it now. He didn't. He made a point of saying that he didn't want anyone incoming because he liked a small squad. That, alone, isn't a problem. 

The problem arises when, as you say, the squad wasn't good enough but Rodgers starts to weasel and suggest that really we can't compete with man United and that actually he needs more players. 

Sorry. He made the point of saying he wanted a small squad. He doesn't then get the luxury of blaming everyone else when that doesn't work out. 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Have a sense of humour man. I was obviously joking. 

Fine - it wasn't obvious enough for me, and I expect others might not realise either. Does this mean the rest of your post was similarly humourous?

Sorry - now I'm being a bit unnecessary. I don't believe your argument is fair overall, but I'll leave it there.

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fine - it wasn't obvious enough for me, and I expect others might not realise either. Does this mean the rest of your post was similarly humourous?

Sorry - now I'm being a bit unnecessary. I don't believe your argument is fair overall, but I'll leave it there.

Not a problem. This is just how I see it; I don't expect all to agree with me. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

No. I'm going off him saying there weren't any signings because he liked a small squad. That's directly what he said. I can't be arsed to dig out the link but I've posted it before.

He set up his own patard and was duly hoisted by it. If he wanted more signings but didn't have the money he could've said that - he's saying it now. He didn't. He made a point of saying that he didn't want anyone incoming because he liked a small squad. That, alone, isn't a problem. 

The problem arises when, as you say, the squad wasn't good enough but Rodgers starts to weasel and suggest that really we can't compete with man United and that actually he needs more players. 

Sorry. He made the point of saying he wanted a small squad. He doesn't then get the luxury of blaming everyone else when that doesn't work out. 

I'd love to see that quote if your got it, as its not something I've seen.

So you think if the club had said in January, go get Coutinho, he would have said no I want a small squad? 

23 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

On BBC Football daily podcast they previewed the match. Rob Earnshaw said he had same injury as Wilf - explaining it was the worst injury of his career. He was out for 3 months but took 2 years to manage it until it was finally healed. 😢

I hope surgery and rehab techniques have moved on a bit since earnshaw had the injury thirteen years ago 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Great news.

If we can have a full squad to select from heading in to the Xmas period it could be so handy in the long-run for the 2nd part of the season, even more so given we're likely to have the EL knock-outs to content with.