Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

45 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is what happens when you don’t buy a centre back quick enough. Or alternatively, when the the window extends into the season. 

Shoving your best CDM at CB when you KNOW he’s carrying an injury AND keeping him on the pitch when he’s aggravated it, because your only alternative is a 34 year old LB or your 36 year old captain.

Now we won’t have a full strength XI for almost half a season, including our 5th ever European campaign. 

Piss poor from recruitment, coaching and physio departments. 

You can't buy what club's won't sell, or players that don't want to come and there's no point in buying one that isn't any better than what we've got, particularly if they're overpriced. Can you name half a dozen centre halves that are buyable, that want to come, for the right price, that you you think our recruitment team have totally missed?

I'm sure that if Morgan, Benkovic or Armarty had been fit enough they would have played. Arguably however, the twisting, turning and change of pace, had Wilf been playing in his usual position could have been equally or even more arduous on his body. It's very sad though whatever the cause. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You can't buy what club's won't sell, or players that don't want to come and there's no point in buying one that isn't any better than what we've got, particularly if they're overpriced. Can you name half a dozen centre halves that are buyable, that want to come, for the right price, that you you think our recruitment team have totally missed?

I'm sure that if Morgan, Benkovic or Armarty had been fit enough they would have played. Arguably however, the twisting, turning and change of pace, had Wilf been playing in his usual position could have been equally or even more arduous on his body. It's very sad though whatever the cause. 

Fair point, I suppose my main gripe is due to the change in the window going on into the season again, and our failure to plan for that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Fair point, I suppose my main gripe is due to the change in the window going on into the season again, and our failure to plan for that. 

Who knows what they did or didn't do but I share your frustration. Tbh I'd never even heard of Fofana yet the club had and seemingly offered what was deemed sufficient according to reports but who knows. Just as we held out and held out with Maguire, perhaps we're getting a taste of our own medicine now on a number of fronts 🤣

Will Ndidi have an operation?

“That will take place tomorrow morning. It’s unfortunate. It’s come right off the bone. He’s going to be up to 12 weeks. He’s a huge player for us. It showed his mentality. Towards the end of last season, he felt it, and then during the game, but he carried on with his spirit. There’s no doubt he will be a miss.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-4548780

Towards the end of last season, he felt it.

What is going on? We had such a proud and impressive injury record, i'm sure there was some luck in that, i'm sure we got away with a few things, but i'm sorry you don't go from being that lucky to this unlucky. You can't even say there wasn't warning signs regarding this one specifically knowing that now.

A fit Wilfred Ndidi is an absolute beast when we are playing well and he'll be sorely missed. 

I just hope that people don't expect Papy Mendy to be Wilf Ndidi II, in the way they expected him to be Ngolo Kante II. 

Mendy brings his own thing to the party. He won't steal it back as much as Wilf, or break it up and change the direction of play as much as 2016 Kante, but he's strong over the ball, can pop a pass and he works and works.

The first two games suggest we'll be OK (probably not on Sunday), but we'll doubtless be a worse team without Wilf Ndidi.

:(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

Towards the end of last season, he felt it.

What is going on? We had such a proud and impressive injury record, i'm sure there was some luck in that, i'm sure we got away with a few things, but i'm sorry you don't go from being that lucky to this unlucky. You can't even say there wasn't warning signs regarding this one specifically knowing that now.

Is this why Rennie got the chop?*

*Sacked I mean, not circumcised.

Edited by Paddy.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is what happens when you don’t buy a centre back quick enough. Or alternatively, when the the window extends into the season. 

Shoving your best CDM at CB when you KNOW he’s carrying an injury AND keeping him on the pitch when he’s aggravated it, because your only alternative is a 34 year old LB or your 36 year old captain.

Now we won’t have a full strength XI for almost half a season, including our 5th ever European campaign. 

The club knew he felt something last season and saw no reason to do anything about it. And if they thought it was that bad in the game he would have just come off.

This could and probably would have happened no matter where he played, signing or no singing as clearly there has been an underlying issue.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Stop the press, Athlete gets sporting injury whilst participating in sport! 

What are the club playing at? Sack everyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OadbyBlue said:

Time for mendy and/or Hamza to really step up and prove they are good enough for a team chasing and playing European football

Last January when wilf dropped out, we relied on hamza far more than pappy. Pappy only played away at Burnley (we played ok and shoudnt have lost) and then home to west ham where he got injured.  If we are going to give pappy a run then it might be a better experience than some of us expect ......

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

There's an awful lot of Brand Brendan revisionism going on at the club. 

Latest press conference 'Woe is me we've not got enough depth. It's not my fault. It's those rotten owners.' 

Twelve months back 'I am not buying anyone I like a small squad.' 

The bloke is making lots of mistakes and refusing to take any responsibility. We haven't got a physio at present, ours of twenty years has been binned and had his name sullied. Brendan Rodgers is playing an injured player at centre back until he has to have surgery; reckon that would have been the physios advice? 

As one poster pointed out, we used to have a great injury record and now we're playing people into the ground. 

Brand Brendan is a snake oil company. We might get some decent results but it doesn't mean he isn't doing damage and covering it up to protect himself. 

but overall you're a Brendan fan................right???

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THERE'S STILL a CHANCE Memes COM | Still Meme on ME.ME

• Haha 4