Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

Just now, weller54 said:

Harsh on Mendy if he replaces him immediately..

Arguably, Mendy has been our best player this season.

Mendy's been a revelation this season. Having Ndidi back should allow us to pick another attacking player in the line-up, though, and Mendy should still get plenty of games with the fixture list as hectic as it is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Fantastic news. Huge improvement with him in midfield.

Rest him for the Europa league groups though and make sure he’s back 100% before rushing him.

Cant afford to get him injured again. 

He needs to play in the EL to build up match fitness for the PL. Going cold into a high intensity PL game could be highly risky. 

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

He needs to play in the EL to build up match fitness for the PL. Going cold into a high intensity PL game could be highly risky. 

Yeah but we rushed him back last time and this time we need to take a bit more time and make sure he’s 100% fit.

A fully fit Wilf is a huge upgrade to our team and takes us to the next level so it’s crucial we don’t get him injured again.

I’m sure Brendan will be easing wilf, Ricky and cags back very slowly and carefully. Remember he gets to see them everyday in training so knows best if they are ready or not. We just have to trust the coaches the rest is upto the players. Agree with everyone that our Mighty Mouse Mendy has performed exceptionally. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

I've come here to announce how much I love Mendy. 

He is amazing. Deserves a lot of game time  

Well they'll probably both play tonight so you'll be delighted ;) 

• Like 1

Ndidi has come back just at the right time. Mendy has been brilliant for us but the team needed a herculean shot in the arm after the relentless league and European games and Ndidi has provided that so far. Now we can manage this hectic festive period a bit better and hopefully allow us to play 4 at the back where possible.

Its great to have Mendy as a reliable replacement though. 

I thought his passing and positioning against Brighton was just more progressive than Mendy. I like the little man a lot. But I just think Wilf is better. He looks for a forward pass more and is a total beast in the challenge. In a straight selection a fit Wilf will always win. But to grow as a club you need 2 solid options in all positions. We have that in CDM. Happy days!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I thought his passing and positioning against Brighton was just more progressive than Mendy. I like the little man a lot. But I just think Wilf is better. He looks for a forward pass more and is a total beast in the challenge. In a straight selection a fit Wilf will always win. But to grow as a club you need 2 solid options in all positions. We have that in CDM. Happy days!!

It's a lot about balance. Wilf's passing has definitely been one of his weaknesses during his time here, but it was good to hear Maddison make a comment after the game about how much this aspect of his game has improved lately. 

Mendy will never be able to match Ndidi's physicality, but if he was able to carry the ball more and use his excellent positional sense to make more progressive passes, it would make BR's selection headache a bit stronger. 

I have to agree that Ndidi is just the better overall player currently.

1 minute ago, shen said:

It's a lot about balance. Wilf's passing has definitely been one of his weaknesses during his time here, but it was good to hear Maddison make a comment after the game about how much this aspect of his game has improved lately. 

Mendy will never be able to match Ndidi's physicality, but if he was able to carry the ball more and use his excellent positional sense to make more progressive passes, it would make BR's selection headache a bit stronger. 

I have to agree that Ndidi is just the better overall player currently.

Good points. But currently the little man over relies on the easy lateral pass. That aspect can frustrate me at times. But admittedly I am being picky. They are both good players.

• Like 1

Mendy has been superb for us and certain performances such as Man City away, benefited from having him in there but Wilf just makes us a better team. Makes challenges that Mendy doesn't and covers the ground much better. Also nice to have his height/spring on defensive set pieces.

31 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why has the fact its wilfs birthday sparked a Mendy v wilf debate? They are both excellent DM with different skill sets we are lucky to have both in the squad! It's Long season hopefully competeting on 3 fronts we will need both. 

It's just a Wilf love in. What better day than in his bday.