Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

October but he’s probably going to break his metatarsal in November. 

Just looked, was expected back early October now the end of October 

He previously had the tackling and interception stats to cover Ndidis position.

Well last year, hopefully his foot isn’t made of chocolate this year.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

Hopefully he can be back for the Liverpool game on the 22nd of November. I think we could deal with his absence for that long. Worse case scenario he takes the whole 3 months and comes back around Gameweek 14, vs Spurs.

I'd rather that happen though, than for him to be rushed back stupidly like he was last year. Speaking of last year, is this the same injury he has suffered?

Another case of a player picking up an injury but then carrying on playing or being rushed back too early. Happened last season with Ricardo, Vardy, Maddison, Ndidi and Chilwell.

Get used to it though everyone, this season is going to jam packed with injuries and COVID isolation.

Good job our second string looked so good tonight 😬 

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hopefully he can be back for the Liverpool game on the 22nd of November. I think we could deal with his absence for that long. Worse case scenario he takes the whole 3 months and comes back around Gameweek 14, vs Spurs.

I'd rather that happen though, than for him to be rushed back stupidly like he was last year. Speaking of last year, is this the same injury he has suffered?

Rodgers actual words were “at least 12 weeks” if he needs an operation.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No. Last year was the knee.

• Like 1

We are having a terrible time with injuries recently. We need to shift some shit from our squad and get another cdm and a cb before the window closes. No issue with playing Mendy as hes looked good but I think its probably time for Hamza to move on if we can get a decent fee to put towards a new signing. Would love Camavinga but not a chance we could afford him and doubt he'd come here when Europes elite want him. William Carvalho has been linked in the past so could maybe enquire about him. 

I would be pretty pissed of if Wilf has been carrying this knock for a while, have we not learnt from last season.

We have effectively lost Wilf and Chillwell , and brought in Under and Castagne 

We need to act fast and start getting bodies in this depleted squad

So Evans will come in at CB and Mendy continue to cover at DCM - pick up an injury there though and it’s Hamza and Amartey time... And I reckon both are/were in the shop window for sale or loan last night.

Last night told us we have no real replacement at 9 if Vardy gets injured as well.

CB & Striker needed as a bare minimum it would seem.

Expect with Ndidi’s injury we will put all our pound notes down on getting a centre back and pivot to 3 centre backs with Praet + Tiels as our midfield. 2/3 of ünder, Barnes and madders supporting Vards. Will be a hard season  if we get a couple of injuries as back up outside first XI not good enough.

Guest Markyblue
18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You don’t go out and buy a player to cover short term injuries FFS. What planet are people on. lol

They are on the ft planet, where a bad performance with a patched up team in a friendly means we will be relegated and losing a player with an injury "its football it happens " means the end of the world as well.

Well this hammers down our lack of strength in depth if it didn’t need so already doesn’t it.

We’re one injury away from struggling in pretty much every department - some even less! As I’ve said before I don’t expect a magic wand to waves and suddenly we sign a load of players to combat these issues but work should have been ongoing for the past few years, hasn’t and still isn’t.

It also brings into question our recent injury record. What’s changed? 

I’m not buying that we’ve gone from being so lucky and having a rapid turn around when players did get injured to so unlucky and having long term injuries, somethings changed whether it be change in personnel behind the scenes within the staff and medical staff, changes in prep or changes in levels of training.

Bet Dave Rennie’s having a little smile to himself - These issues were starting while he was here but it does seem like he was being made out as the fall guy and pinned as an excuse for the injuries and downturn after the restart.