Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

On 21/12/2020 at 11:38, M0901 said:

Nineteen recoveries in one game is ludicrous! What a player he is.

The Guardian publishes its 100 best male (and female) players about this time every year. Of course I looked for any Leicester players they might have mentioned and, expectedly, Vards was there - moved up from 48 last year to 35. Which reflects on the team's performance as well as his own. But Wilf wasn't there. Now, maybe his time out this year has done his reputation a bit of damage, but, as far as I'm concerned, he's as capable as N'Golo Kanté, who's in at 55. Maybe next year he'll get the recognition he deserves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

The Guardian publishes its 100 best male (and female) players about this time every year. Of course I looked for any Leicester players they might have mentioned and, expectedly, Vards was there - moved up from 48 last year to 35. Which reflects on the team's performance as well as his own. But Wilf wasn't there. Now, maybe his time out this year has done his reputation a bit of damage, but, as far as I'm concerned, he's as capable as N'Golo Kanté, who's in at 55. Maybe next year he'll get the recognition he deserves.

Vardy and Ndidi are our most important players. I feel like we could replace the rest of the squad easily enough but those two are our foundations as a team 

• Like 2

Is this just in England, or internationally?

I guess it has to be internationally, there's no way Vardy or Kante would be that low, or that more City players weren't in there. Even then I think they're underrating them both.

I watched a YouTube video where fans chose the best players in each position. For RB, Ricardo was there but dismissed instantly while players far inferior like AWB were massively hyped up! Those fans all supported certain clubs, had to stop watching as it was making me pretty angry lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Is this just in England, or internationally?

I guess it has to be internationally, there's no way Vardy or Kante would be that low, or that more City players weren't in there. Even then I think they're underrating them both.

Yes - it's an international poll. The usual suspects occupy the top ten places - although Messi & Co. have had to make way for Lewandowski this time around. Kane is very high (and Son). 

As ever, these choices reflect the fame of certain clubs - although players representing less fashionable clubs do get a look in. 2016 saw Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Schmeichel listed - so the judges are swayed not only by the individual player's performance in isolation - can you ever achieve that anyway in a team game? - but by the club's relative success. For instance, Mahrez has slipped significantly down the rankings.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Vardy and Ndidi are our most important players. I feel like we could replace the rest of the squad easily enough but those two are our foundations as a team 

For sure those two are a level above. There are several players who I'd hate to see replaced - after all, squad cohesiveness is the key factor - yet I'd love to see Fofana, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison making that step up.. and maybe Thomas has that potential too. 

23 hours ago, gerblod said:

shhh  ...  it's working. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Big player delivering against the big clubs. Also did it to lead to Vardy's against Sheff Utd. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wasnt that kel ?

Header from Fuchs. Bad touch by Sheff Utd player which Kel slips ball runs to madders for the pass if I recall it correctly. Ndidi no where near the action. 

Guest seanfox778

There aren't enough superlatives to describe how awesome he is for us. I feel confident we can get a win in any game with him in the team. His ball-winning stats are extraordinary and so many of our goals start with him nicking the ball back. 

Quality again today. Always gets stuck in, doesn't shy from a challenge and dominant in the air again. Especially at corners and free kicks where he defended a few. I think he left Carroll though and followed the ball for the goal. 

But he did plant one on him after that so not all bad. 

We are so good with him. Can't wait to see him in European games too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't think he had his best game overall, passing a bit off and got caught ahead of the ball a few times first half.

Was absolutely monstrous last 10 after Newcastle scored though, snuffed out countless bits of potential danger.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, martyn said:

Didn't think he had his best game overall, passing a bit off and got caught ahead of the ball a few times first half.

Was absolutely monstrous last 10 after Newcastle scored though, snuffed out countless bits of potential danger.

One particular block from a Shelvey pass on the right sticks out. Unreal.

I agree with deanolegend on this. It's quite astonishing that we've not received bids from huge clubs for Wilf (shows how badly many of them are run). He is basically the equivalent of 2 men. Will be almost as difficult to replace him as it is Vardy when he does eventually go. 

But, deano, you are still way too harsh on Mendy! lol

• Like 1