Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, Manini said:

It’s so frustrating. In a weird way you wouldn’t mind as much if it was a big crunching tackle that causes it, but I think the fact they’ve both finished the game, then it’s revealed that they’re out for such a long period of time after makes it hard to calculate in your mind just what the frig has gone on. 

Losing Wilf is a massive blow. Only Vardy would be more sorely missed from the team in my view. If it’s 6 or 12 weeks I just hope we don’t rush him like last season that didn’t help us or him and maybe was the underlying cause of this injury.,

I expect Rodgers is contemplating playing Mendy and Choudary now as 2 defensive midfielders and sacrifice Pérez to contain Man C. Of course we won’t succeed and I see a heavy loss now. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow

“That will take place tomorrow morning. It’s unfortunate. It’s come right off the bone. He’s going to be up to 12 weeks. He’s a huge player for us. It showed his mentality. Towards the end of last season, he felt it, and then during the game, but he carried on with his spirit. There’s no doubt he will be a miss.”

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Does anyone know if the groin injury could be related to his knee problem earlier in the year? Is this a set of linked injuries or is this just a one off thing?

Nahh completely different, his knee injury was a torn meniscus

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Tomorrow

“That will take place tomorrow morning. It’s unfortunate. It’s come right off the bone. He’s going to be up to 12 weeks. He’s a huge player for us. It showed his mentality. Towards the end of last season, he felt it, and then during the game, but he carried on with his spirit. There’s no doubt he will be a miss.”

If he's had this problem since last season then this is indicative of a bigger problem within the club I think. Too many players have carried on playing during a game, or been rushed back early and have aggravated injuries. Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison. This never used to be the case? Obviously a lot of luck is involved with injuries but has there been a change of emphasis with the way they are treated? 

Wilf is a massive miss for us. Mendy is good cover but Hamza isn't comfortable enough on the ball right now to consistently play there. Could we see another CM come in on loan? 

6 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

If he's had this problem since last season then this is indicative of a bigger problem within the club I think. Too many players have carried on playing during a game, or been rushed back early and have aggravated injuries. Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison. This never used to be the case? Obviously a lot of luck is involved with injuries but has there been a change of emphasis with the way they are treated? 

Wilf is a massive miss for us. Mendy is good cover but Hamza isn't comfortable enough on the ball right now to consistently play there. Could we see another CM come in on loan? 

Not according to this from today's press conference but it could just be gamesmnaship.

Will you sign another defensive midfielder?

“We have other priorities with the resources we have. We are looking at other positions. We have players who are capable of stepping in. Papy Mendy has done very well, Choudhury covered the ground very well against Arsenal."

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Not according to this from today's press conference but it could just be gamesmnaship.

“We have other priorities with the resources we have. We are looking at other positions. We have players who are capable of stepping in. Papy Mendy has done very well, Choudhury covered the ground very well against Arsenal."

Will be interesting to see how Praet is involved too. Wilf missing the whole group stage of the Europa league is a worry though.

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

No doubt Ndidi is a big miss but I reckon with Mendy Tielemens Praet  Ûnder and Barnes they will think we have enough. Ball retention and breaking forward I probably agree but we will miss Ndidi recovering the ball. If we get a 3rd centre back expect we go 343 352.

Having the shorter break between seasons hasn't helped, I don't think it'll be just us getting this kind of news in the coming weeks, I think there will be more players out of action than usual and with new signings (all clubs) waiting for fitness and the window still to close we would have had a month or so of a "soft start" before things have a chance to approach normality. I used to love the opening day with the new kits and new signings, now everyone launches their kit at the end of the previous season and signings will be coming in a few games in.

If only there was a way of stopping the league and cups for 3 months in time for Wilf to recover....