Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

41 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Has Hamza played any football yet this season?

Barely.  He's been so ignored by Rodgers (he put in some good performances under Puel but that was way back) that it's hard to see that he will have the fitness, sharpness or confidence to put in a good performance here.  Given that Mendy's not eligible Hamza would be the most obvious replacement for Ndidi but I see Rodgers finding some way not to have to select him today9

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Odd to say the least 

he was almost gone to Newcastle and now he’s occasionally on the bench but the dynamics seem really strange with him and rodgers re his lack of any game time …

It's all a bit weird. As you say he was being allowed go to Newcastle and yet Mendy who we gave a new contract to isn't even in the squad.

How is that logical, Other the the home grown effect with Hamza. 

15 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Only just seen the news about Wilf's injury. How the hell did Mendy not make the PL squad?!? He was absolute class last season when he had a sustained run, a million times better than Hamza. What the heck is going off? 

Class? Was he? 

15 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Only just seen the news about Wilf's injury. How the hell did Mendy not make the PL squad?!? He was absolute class last season when he had a sustained run, a million times better than Hamza. What the heck is going off? 

It was t a choice between hamza and pappy. If we’d chosen pappy then we’d have lost a different non home grown British player. 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Great decision to play him at millwall.

Our injuries aren't luck.

Pedri played 70 games last season. Our injuries are luck. Justin landed awkwardly, Fofana got his leg snapped, Evans has had the same injury for years, before he even joined us. We are having lots of bad luck and lots of bad referees too. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StanSP said:

Class? Was he? 

Well considering most were questioning whether Wilf would be able to force his way back into the side, I'd say he was more than adequate. Definitely not the car crash that some make out, and on a completely different level to Hamza. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Well considering most we're questioning whether Wilf would be able to force his way back into the side, I'd say he was more than adequate. Definitely not the car crash that some make out, and on a completely different level to Hamza. 

Yeah but that's different to class isn't it? 

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah but that's different to class isn't it? 

So you don't think Wilf is a class act? As I said plenty on here were questioning whether Wilf would get back in. He only went off the boil once BR switched him out the side for Wilf. Yes, he didn't look the same player when called upon when he got the odd game here and there but going back to my original post I referred to him having a sustained run during which he was one of our better players. Admittedly he wouldn't have had a sustained run in the side this season up to now, but I know given 2 months whilst Wilf is out which player would offer more between him and Hamza, and it definitely isn't Hamza. 

Edited by ian__marshall

3 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

So you don't think Wilf is a class act? As I said plenty on here were questioning whether Wilf would get back in. He only went off the boil once BR switched him out the side for Wilf. Yes, he didn't look the same player when called upon when he got the odd game here and there but going back to my original post I referred to him having a sustained run during which he was one of our better players. Admittedly he wouldn't have had a sustained run in the side this season up to now, but I know given 2 months whilst Wilf is out which player would offer more between him and Hamza, and it definitely isn't Hamza. 

I thought you meant Mendy, not Wilf. I love Wilf! Apologies. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I thought you meant Mendy, not Wilf. I love Wilf! Apologies. 

No need to apologise Stan, I was referring to Mendy. He was great up until Wilf came back in, then was inconsistent when he became a bit part player. The point I was making was that he was that his performances whilst Wilf was out last season were on par when he was given a sustained run. 

19 hours ago, Dusty said:

Pedri played 70 games last season. Our injuries are luck. Justin landed awkwardly, Fofana got his leg snapped, Evans has had the same injury for years, before he even joined us. We are having lots of bad luck and lots of bad referees too. 

“Bad luck”, “coincidences” etc, depending on the regularity of such things happening, it might well point to a route cause …. Not that any of us would know, but increased number of games (which is a part of success), training regimes including intensity presumably will play a factor, types of pitches (dodgy overseas astroturf etc) and weather conditions …. The number of injuries has been staggering which does suggest its possibly more than being unlucky. 

3 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't laugh but does anyone think Amarty could do the job of  a holding defensive midfielder. Added advantage of more height in the team?

People will laugh, but he has played some decent games in midfield for us. Big Dan is probably too versatile for his own good, but we pay him good money to plug the gaps, and he has regularly outperformed expectations.

Quite frankly, we are desperate, so it's a yes from me.

4 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't laugh but does anyone think Amarty could do the job of  a holding defensive midfielder. Added advantage of more height in the team?

he played there with drinks for the first half of the 16/17 season.  there were some awful team performances in that period but he did ok in the CL games he played in. not sure he suits brendan's playing style of being comfortable in possession under pressure!