Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It'd be hard to argue it's negligence. We've had covid and previous injuries. We hired Rennie's replacement and put a new doctor on staff. There's nothing there that indicates negligence.

There are other kinds of negligence where repeated injury issues at a football club are an issue.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

There are other kinds of negligence where repeated injury issues at a football club are an issue.

What’s being neglected though? I’m struggling to come up with anything.

33 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

What’s being neglected though? I’m struggling to come up with anything.

If players are being asked to play through injuries and or rushed back before they recover, that's negligence.

Edited by Deeg67

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

If players are being asked to play through injuries and or rushed back before they recover, that's negligence.

I'd almost guarantee it happens at every club, players spend most seasons with niggles and issues, some even having injections to get them through. People praise Vardy's recovery powers after having his groin ops but there's no way he was ready either time that he came back, just measured risks.

12 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Ndidi’s injury makes the decision to not include Mendy in the squad laughable and even more baffling really. He did a job for us last season when called upon and was in the side when we were arguably playing our best stuff. We basically have no reliable defensive midfield back up lol

Is Mendy not in the PL squad then? That's really bad if so

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The persistent injuries for pretty much the entire Rodgers regime can't be written off though, it needs to be examined and whatever the outcome changes have to be made. I'm always baffled by known areas of weakness that certain managers face and yet very little seems to be spoken of it or anything done about it.

Rodgers has made no effort to improve our set piece issues, nor the slow starts to games. The injury issues are getting worse, so if getting rid of Rennie was his way of resolving that then he shouldn't be allowed to meddle in that.

I agree. Luck only accounts for so much.

More of a comment this for the Rodgers thread, but your point re his injuries is another worry to add to my list of slight concerns about Rodgers. 

His obvious dislike of Praet and Nacho

His obvious like of Perez and to a lesser extent Luke Thomas

His tactical nightmares against West ham

His refusal to play ricardo and castagne together 

Finally, I don't like the way decent pros like Mendy and Amartey are always the fall guys

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, iancognito said:

I'd almost guarantee it happens at every club, players spend most seasons with niggles and issues, some even having injections to get them through. People praise Vardy's recovery powers after having his groin ops but there's no way he was ready either time that he came back, just measured risks.

Depends on the type of injury as playing with a slight hamstring injury is more likely to result in a bigger strain, compared to so an inflamed ankle/knee ligament, which might be less risky to play through the pain. If they knew he had a minor hamstring issue before the Millwall game (no idea if that's true) then that's complete incompetence  from several people. 

13 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Ndidi’s injury makes the decision to not include Mendy in the squad laughable and even more baffling really. He did a job for us last season when called upon and was in the side when we were arguably playing our best stuff. We basically have no reliable defensive midfield back up lol

Which player do you take out of the 25 to add Mendy in?

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Which player do you take out of the 25 to add Mendy in?

Firstly it's poor management (not necessarily from Rodgers) to have staff on the books for whom there's no work. I'd be crucified at my place for such largesse.

But, to answer your point, James Justin is the obvious omission. If nothing else it leaves Justin with the absolute focus to concentrate on Jan 1st

11 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Those Hardest & questionable decisions are Now often Followed through, across für groups, Medical staff,Team Management Coaches then player.

The Player has obviously input, but not so ,has in the past...

18 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Is Mendy not in the PL squad then? That's really bad if so

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

for epl?

I know he is not in the euro squad

Mendy is not registered for the league or for Europe which is mad when you consider he's our second best holding midfielder (after Wilf of course).

What's the point in him even being here. A couple months playing for the under 23's and then a Cup game here and there??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Rather have Hamza than soumare even though he is poor , but at least he can move

We're in a mess now though as Rodgers hasn't given him any minutes at all this season, even against Millwall or U23's. It'll be even harder for him to come in and perform.