Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

On 13/11/2021 at 09:53, st albans fox said:

But according to some on the Rodgers threads, we need a rebuild ??????

...I understand the concept of freshening up the team!!!

There need to be some injection of believe and optimism into this squad of players, as I think some of the team have gone stale either through their environment or their personal development. Sometimes you want to see someone busting their guts and contesting everything on the pitch, we are not getting that at the moment.

We do not have a player who can improvise and take the initiative, when was the last time we saw a quick free kick being taken, a ball over the top while a team is not set and play Vardy in or releasing Barnes into space to run into. Would have loved Drinkwater to be in this team at the moment as he would be looking at the game in a different way and those decisions he would do as part of our play. Not saying he plays instead of Youri, just alongside, why we do not see this from Youri or Maddison I do not know.

• 2 weeks later...

He's been like it since about February/March time. He's having a poor season and one of the major problems with us absolutely leaking 2 goals a game though he never gets the criticism of the actual defence.

In the tail end of last season people were saying it was his position in the 3-5-2 rather than a 4-3-3 which was making him look a shadow of his former self, but it's always been clear it's been Ndidi himself who's been the one of form, not the tactics. Where you stand on the pitch doesn't cause you to let players glide past you and go in rashly all of a sudden.

He's a great player and I'm sure he'll start to come good again like Maddison has, but his poor form has been causing us lots of problems for a decent while now.

In the nicest possible whoever is telling him to play football needs to stop. Sit as a DM, retrieve the ball and move it on. Looks like he’s complicating his game and it’s at the detriment of his core skill set (which on form is seriously world class!).

• Like 2

2nd half he did well winning the ball in the middle of the park but any time it was towards our area, where he has always been so reliable he was a nuisance. Imagine if that was 3 peno's conceded from him in less than a week 😂😂😂😂