Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

We desperately need our fringe players to step up now in our time of need. It's a tough ask as they've been marginalized to the sidelines when we've had our best 11 but hey ho thats the way it goes. This is their opportunity so I hope they take it (hamza, big dan, mendy, benko etc) think we might need them all if our remaining players keep dropping like flies with injuries. We are a weird team with weird history but I'm cool with that. Leicester may do things the weird way but its our way and we always come good. I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic that we find our way thru this storm and it will be with players we did not expect to lol. Nacho should give the team talks and inspire a siege mentality. It is what is so we gotta suck it up and show some grit to the final whistle.

4 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't laugh but does anyone think Amarty could do the job of  a holding defensive midfielder. Added advantage of more height in the team?

Well, we agree he's decent enough squad player for the defence so I see no good reason why we shouldn't throw him into midfield to spice things up and keep things fresh and interesting. If we change things around so much we could try to elicit a mixture of pity and confusion from opposition teams and then quietly give the Vardy the ball while they're in a state of bewilderment. I like your point of view and would subscribe to your newsletter sir.

8 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't laugh but does anyone think Amarty could do the job of  a holding defensive midfielder. Added advantage of more height in the team?

He had a couple of very good games there mixed in with some real shockers. It would be a very desperate move to make and it possibly becomes more of a back 3 but I'm just hoping we get Evans back and he can play a couple of months at least without a flare up. Get some momentum going and see what happens. 

Amartey has had better games at DM for us than Choudhury and Mendy ever have tbh. Against Swansea in 16/17 he was the best player on the pitch by far. It's been so long he's played there I think he'd look very uncomfortable now.

We do need a reliable Ndidi back up, neither Choudhury or Mendy are up to it.

Pierre Lees-Mehlou when Norwich go down?

1805935174_Screenshot2021-10-05at11_22_22.thumb.png.7cdd9e896c398937c68fcef5d472bfad.png

• Like 2

If wilf screwed his hamstring against Burnley then it must have been that stupid move he tried in added time where he attempted to chip the ball over their player to get out of the corner …….. it almost cost us a hard earned point that day and it will definitely cost us many more over the next couple of months ……

• Sad 1

On 04/10/2021 at 21:00, Ric Flair said:

He had a couple of very good games there mixed in with some real shockers. It would be a very desperate move to make and it possibly becomes more of a back 3 but I'm just hoping we get Evans back and he can play a couple of months at least without a flare up. Get some momentum going and see what happens. 

He lacks the conviction and belief to ever be particularly good at anything consistently, I actually think he has a lot of positive attributes. That Swansea game as a DM he was fantastic, for once he seemed to have the bit between his teeth and went for it. But you aren't ever see it from him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

I would be tempted to play Soyuncu at CDM he got in the Bundesliga TOTY playing there the year before he joined us and is clearly bang out of form at CB.

I nearly posted this idea as a response to the 'don't laugh...Amartey' post. As in 'don' t laugh...Soyuncu'

Not particularly confident it would work at the level we need, but he has recently looked much more like a 'repurposed CDM'

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If wilf screwed his hamstring against Burnley then it must have been that stupid move he tried in added time where he attempted to chip the ball over their player to get out of the corner …….. it almost cost us a hard earned point that day and it will definitely cost us many more over the next couple of months ……

He's been carrying the issue for a while, it just properly went vs Burnley. Another brain busting decision from Brendan to have played him vs Millwall which is the sort of underlying problem with our ongoing injury crisis. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I see that his agent/ the media/ Ole (delete as appropriate) are touting him for Man United. Some Spanish paper though so don't know the legitimacy.

https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/mediocampista-ira-manchester-united-enero-20211012.html

They seem to just post a lot of rumours

https://www.fichajes.net/equipos/leicester-city.html-0

56 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I see that his agent/ the media/ Ole (delete as appropriate) are touting him for Man United. Some Spanish paper though so don't know the legitimacy.

https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/mediocampista-ira-manchester-united-enero-20211012.html

And why not? Everyone else is leaving aren't they?  My ex-Mother-in Law's Vet reckons Newcastle are sniffing around Filbert.

On 06/10/2021 at 11:56, Ric Flair said:

He's been carrying the issue for a while, it just properly went vs Burnley. Another brain busting decision from Brendan to have played him vs Millwall which is the sort of underlying problem with our ongoing injury crisis. 

Agreed. Of all the competitions we're in, this is the least important with Europe being the priority. So indeed, why play Ndidi? Also, as we're struggling at centre half, why not start Benkovic if he's not injured to try and get him up to speed in case we need him later. There's a squad there to be used and get fit in such games.

• Like 1

I don't want to lose Ndidi, but he does deserve to play in the champions league, although I was hoping that was going to be with us. Although not exactly like for like perhaps Soumaré was brought in to fill the void if Ndidi leaves?  It seems to be the Leicester way, bring someone in the year before!

On 06/10/2021 at 09:14, Will1981 said:

I would be tempted to play Soyuncu at CDM he got in the Bundesliga TOTY playing there the year before he joined us and is clearly bang out of form at CB.

Can’t see anything about him playing as CDM

image.png.ddd140429a751cde10b7b7cb0b581ace.png

“Soyuncu joined Freiburg on a £2 million move and established himself as a first team player at his new club playing as a centre-back.”

Second season 

The 2017/18 season would be much tougher for Freiburg, but once again, the defender laid a solid foundation at the back for the club to build on and escape relegation by finishing 15th in the table.

• Like 1

Well that rumour died pretty quickly

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=41343

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report with certainty that Wilfred Ndidi will remain a player of Leicester City when the transfer window closes for business in January 2022 amid speculation linking him with a switch to Old Trafford. 

Reports broke out in the Spanish press this morning that manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær was plotting a move for the Foxes number 25 but there is nothing in it. 

Apart from the fact that Manchester United have not approached Leicester City, the Red Devils have made no contact whatsoever with the midfielder and his camp over a transfer. 

Even though Leicester City are struggling to maintain their high standards of last season, winning only two of their first seven games in the Premier League, Ndidi is very happy at Leicester City and is not planning to jump ship.

Manchester United continue to be linked with a move for a holding midfielder and naturally Ndidi's name keeps popping up as he is one of the best in the Premier League in that position.  

Ndidi was crucial to Leicester City winning the 2021 Emirates FA Cup and Community Shield, helping the club keep five out a possible seven clean sheets. 

The Nath Boys product will play no part when Leicester City welcome Manchester United to the King Power Stadium on Saturday afternoon as he is still recovering from a hamstring injury. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 14:42, moore_94 said:

Well that rumour died pretty quickly

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=41343

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report with certainty that Wilfred Ndidi will remain a player of Leicester City when the transfer window closes for business in January 2022 amid speculation linking him with a switch to Old Trafford. 

Reports broke out in the Spanish press this morning that manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær was plotting a move for the Foxes number 25 but there is nothing in it. 

Apart from the fact that Manchester United have not approached Leicester City, the Red Devils have made no contact whatsoever with the midfielder and his camp over a transfer. 

Even though Leicester City are struggling to maintain their high standards of last season, winning only two of their first seven games in the Premier League, Ndidi is very happy at Leicester City and is not planning to jump ship.

Manchester United continue to be linked with a move for a holding midfielder and naturally Ndidi's name keeps popping up as he is one of the best in the Premier League in that position.  

Ndidi was crucial to Leicester City winning the 2021 Emirates FA Cup and Community Shield, helping the club keep five out a possible seven clean sheets. 

The Nath Boys product will play no part when Leicester City welcome Manchester United to the King Power Stadium on Saturday afternoon as he is still recovering from a hamstring injury. 

I think they’ll go for him in the summer as most seem to think it’s there only issue (there’s loads in reality) and the club tends to go for what the fans most want rather than anything analytical… £80m?