Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

Having watched Soumare last night, if he'd been asked to be the holding midfielder then we have a potential problem as he was pushing on constantly and at times the whole midfield was out of shape.

I'm hoping it was more the system whereby Rodgers was thinking with a back 5 we didn't need a traditional DCM and instead we had 3 CM's that all have the ability to play the variety of midfield roles but it didn't really click.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

It goes to show , the players signed by our old scouts ( the one that left for Roma ) are still holding up whereas the new recruits especially this summer have been weak and wanting .  This smells of a weakened recruitment team .  

Way too early to tell. Lookman has been impressive so far. The 2 defenders have been a disappointment though as I can forgive Soumare and Daka whilst we try to work out how they slot in to our system or we tweak it to get the best out of them. Defenders like those 2 though ought to slot in and if they don't then you have to question why we signed them. You don't tend to alter your system for experienced defenders, I think they will both struggle here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Having watched Soumare last night, if he'd been asked to be the holding midfielder then we have a potential problem as he was pushing on constantly and at times the whole midfield was out of shape.

I'm hoping it was more the system whereby Rodgers was thinking with a back 5 we didn't need a traditional DCM and instead we had 3 CM's that all have the ability to play the variety of midfield roles but it didn't really click.

Looked that way to me - was a v strange approach. Almost as if he’d convinced himself that by playing 3 atb, they simply wouldn’t be good enough to score and we didn’t need to screen infront 

• Sad 1

Poor old Wilf, young child, studying for a degree , playing for Nigeria and twice a week for us ,its no wonder he is struggling with his form and body. We could have done with Mendy here to give the guy a break. Not to be, so Hamza is the only deputy, it may have to happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s getting beyond more than being ‘unlucky’ with injuries, what are we doing in training to have so many injuries but at the same time look so clueless and unfit come match day?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s getting beyond more than being ‘unlucky’ with injuries, what are we doing in training to have so many injuries but at the same time look so clueless and unfit come match day?

Some have been unlucky, but there is certainly more to it than just that. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think we may all have to put this season down as a bit of a write off. It happens. It's normal. Success isn't always linear. 

The persistent injuries for pretty much the entire Rodgers regime can't be written off though, it needs to be examined and whatever the outcome changes have to be made. I'm always baffled by known areas of weakness that certain managers face and yet very little seems to be spoken of it or anything done about it.

Rodgers has made no effort to improve our set piece issues, nor the slow starts to games. The injury issues are getting worse, so if getting rid of Rennie was his way of resolving that then he shouldn't be allowed to meddle in that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sampson said:

Tbf it's not a big loss like it usually would be, with how he's played this season. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd been playing with an injury all season so far.

You're having a fuching laugh right?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Oh ****. Serious questions need to be asked here. There's bad luck and then there's negligence.

It'd be hard to argue it's negligence. We've had covid and previous injuries. We hired Rennie's replacement and put a new doctor on staff. There's nothing there that indicates negligence.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Ndidi’s injury makes the decision to not include Mendy in the squad laughable and even more baffling really. He did a job for us last season when called upon and was in the side when we were arguably playing our best stuff. We basically have no reliable defensive midfield back up lol

:hamza:

:ph34r:

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy
  • Haha 1