Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

10 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

He's always seemed fairly happy here and I can see him being tempted BUT...

Real Madrid don't have the lure they once did and it's public knowledge they don't have the money. It'd have to be cash upfront. 

Really not sure I agree with this. They're still one of the biggest club sides in the world. A player having to choose between Real Madrid and Leicester City will always plump for Real Madrid.

If there is any credence to this rumour, then, providing they cough up enough cash, Ndidi will leave to play for them. I'd hope we would be looking at 75 million pounds plus.

34 minutes ago, reynard said:

Really not sure I agree with this. They're still one of the biggest club sides in the world. A player having to choose between Real Madrid and Leicester City will always plump for Real Madrid.

If there is any credence to this rumour, then, providing they cough up enough cash, Ndidi will leave to play for them. I'd hope we would be looking at 75 million pounds plus.

Only need to look at what Fofana said not too long ago about Real Madrid

"Rumours of Real Madrid?" he said in an interview on YouTube.

"It's an honour, Real Madrid is the club of my dreams.

"It's the biggest club in the world and my dream is to play there."

And recently Camavinga in the summer

"Honestly, the first factor is not money, it is the pleasure of fulfilling a dream I had since I was little," he said.

"When I found out that I could sign for Madrid, I didn’t think about it.

"The first factor for me was the pleasure of fulfilling the dream of playing for Real Madrid, playing with footballers who are going to teach me a lot."

Real Madrid will always be one of those clubs that is the very top for 99.9% of footballers

• Like 2

If Real Madrid come knocking, the only players who are saying no are those with emotional ties to Barcelona. 
I don’t care if you ply for Leicester, Liverpool or Bayern when Real put up the cash you’re on you’re bike.

They are the biggest club in the world and if you have any sort of ambition you will go there and play.

Watching them a few times in the CL this season and I actually think Wilf is everything they are missing.

I hope it’s not true, but would wish him well if he did go there.

• Like 1

I think players need to be careful if they are to move to Real at the moment. That weight of expectation is unparalleled in world football and at a time where they've fallen from being amongst the best clubs in the world, to not even being the best club in Spain. 

It's a rebuilding project there, which will lead to inconsistent results in the short term and any player would have to bare the pressure from fans and the media, which can be nasty at times. 

38 minutes ago, shailen said:

I think players need to be careful if they are to move to Real at the moment. That weight of expectation is unparalleled in world football and at a time where they've fallen from being amongst the best clubs in the world, to not even being the best club in Spain. 

It's a rebuilding project there, which will lead to inconsistent results in the short term and any player would have to bare the pressure from fans and the media, which can be nasty at times. 

Real have lost one game this season ……they aren’t bumping around in mid table …….

46 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Ok let me rephrase - let's say Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool and Bayern all come in for a player - are Real at the top of that list?

Maybe for Spanish speaking players...

I think so - yes. 

Ndidi would bomb at another club, people would highlight his massive weakness that he gets away with here, how poor he is on the ball.

Much like nobody seemed to be aware that maguire had the turning speed of an oil tanker before he went to Man United.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s been pretty rubbish for the best part of a year, post his injuries he’s not seemed the same player to me.

Agreed, he's had some standout games like Man Utd in the QF, Liverpool at home and Chelsea in the final where he was just colossal but I'm not overly convinced that 3-4-1-2 or 4-2-3-1 is his best system when not in the groove. Hes best when he's anchoring behind 2 attacking CM's and the defence aren't fancying about with the ball either.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Ok let me rephrase - let's say Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool and Bayern all come in for a player - are Real at the top of that list?

Maybe for Spanish speaking players...

Well it is really about what you want to put on the resume of your career when it finishes. Of those clubs I'd say Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man utd are way out in front in terms of history and prestige with Liverpool a commendable fourth. It is easy to see things from a UK perspective with the money and power attached to the Premier League  but though Chelsea and their like are a rich clubs they are not a big club in the way that Real Madrid are.

If at the end of your career you want to say to people I played for Chelsea or I played for Real Madrid there's only one winner.

Nowadays not only do you have the player's wishes to consider but, I'm afraid, also his agent. I can't believe there is an agent worth serious consideration who would not want their player to move to Real Madrid over and above most other clubs if the opportunity arose at some point in that player's career.

57 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ndidi would bomb at another club, people would highlight his massive weakness that he gets away with here, how poor he is on the ball.

Much like nobody seemed to be aware that maguire had the turning speed of an oil tanker before he went to Man United.

He's improved on that a hell of a lot since a couple of seasons ago though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He’s been pretty rubbish for the best part of a year, post his injuries he’s not seemed the same player to me.

Not been his high standard for sure, but we miss his physical presence when he’s not there.

sure we concede less from set pieces when he’s about.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's improved on that a hell of a lot since a couple of seasons ago though. 

He has but he's still a liability, especially when recieving the ball under pressure. He gets away with it here because we have lower standards and we adore Wilf for his smile and octopus legs. Just another player I can see being called out for being an easy target on the ball and eventually being hounded out an elite club.

The difference between WIlf and Kante is that Kante always looked very comfortable on the ball and could not only win the ball on the edge of our box, but then either carry it or play a one two and take us 40 yards up the pitch. Wilf just doesn't have that natural calm on the ball in the locker and I think it's what will prevent him from playing regularly for an elite club. Whereas with us, we can overlook that and just be happy to have a monster mopping up in front of the back 4. The elite teams will want the monster who is also comfortable on the ball. My opinion anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I do wonder how fit he's been, similar to Vardy he seem to be rush back. 

Still think a average Wilf makes us better 

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Well it is really about what you want to put on the resume of your career when it finishes. Of those clubs I'd say Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man utd are way out in front in terms of history and prestige with Liverpool a commendable fourth. It is easy to see things from a UK perspective with the money and power attached to the Premier League  but though Chelsea and their like are a rich clubs they are not a big club in the way that Real Madrid are.

If at the end of your career you want to say to people I played for Chelsea or I played for Real Madrid there's only one winner.

Nowadays not only do you have the player's wishes to consider but, I'm afraid, also his agent. I can't believe there is an agent worth serious consideration who would not want their player to move to Real Madrid over and above most other clubs if the opportunity arose at some point in that player's career.

Personally I don’t think Liverpool are in that top group any more (not for this generation of players anyway).

15 hours ago, filbertway said:

He has but he's still a liability, especially when recieving the ball under pressure. He gets away with it here because we have lower standards and we adore Wilf for his smile and octopus legs. Just another player I can see being called out for being an easy target on the ball and eventually being hounded out an elite club.

The difference between WIlf and Kante is that Kante always looked very comfortable on the ball and could not only win the ball on the edge of our box, but then either carry it or play a one two and take us 40 yards up the pitch. Wilf just doesn't have that natural calm on the ball in the locker and I think it's what will prevent him from playing regularly for an elite club. Whereas with us, we can overlook that and just be happy to have a monster mopping up in front of the back 4. The elite teams will want the monster who is also comfortable on the ball. My opinion anyway.

But his physical strength assures that he rarely loses the ball even when under pressure.

What opposition pressure does to Wilf is most often to force a backward pass, but frankly that's the same with almost all of our players (or in Perez's case, more likely to flop to the floor). The sad reality is that it is relatively easy for opposing teams to stifle us simply by cutting out passing lanes to Youri (moreso if Maddison is not playing). Everyone else (with the arguable exception of Soumare, but have not seen enough of him to be sure) simply passes the ball backwards or across the back until it gets back all the for Kasper (or Evans) to punt forwards - or, in Kasper's case, often out of bounds. At the top clubs like Real, that would be hardly an issue, allowing Wilf to concentrate on what he does best.    

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Real can't afford what we'd value him at and Wilf hopefully isn't cùnt enough to force a move.

Tbf he's only got 2.5 years left on his deal. 

If he told the club he wasn't going to sign a new one it might not take as much money as you think. Likewise that wouldn't make him a c**t

Players don't turn Real Madrid, especially when they're at Leicester City, so if the interest is real I'm sure he'd let the club know he wants the move. And that would be fair enough imo.