Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

2 hours ago, Cujek said:

No no no no and no.

He would never in a million years come here, i doubt he would leave Villa even if they get relegated anyway.

If he ever does leave Villa (which i doubt), he has Spurs or Man utd written all over him as well.

plus i could not cope with how tight his shorts are, it makes me feel uneasy.

you don't think someone who is coming to their peak years, wanting to play for england and being tipped as a genuine starter for england, hunted by possible champions league clubs here and on the continent (supposedly) would leave a championship team? just because he's from there? are you insane? 

he would also definitely be interested in coming to us if we want him, if we offer him enough money and if we finish in the top 4 and no other top 4 teams want him. 

i'm not sure we would even try and sign him, it would be an astronomical fee and we've got too many players in positions he'd play to justify the fee. but he would definitely want to come to a champions league team, double his wages, play with a set of lads who are clearly some of his best mates, at a team who are becoming renowned for developing and playing young english players, for a manager who everyone in the game rates very highly, instead of playing in the championship. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

you don't think someone who is coming to their peak years, wanting to play for england and being tipped as a genuine starter for england, hunted by possible champions league clubs here and on the continent (supposedly) would leave a championship team? just because he's from there? are you insane? 

he would also definitely be interested in coming to us if we want him, if we offer him enough money and if we finish in the top 4 and no other top 4 teams want him. 

i'm not sure we would even try and sign him, it would be an astronomical fee and we've got too many players in positions he'd play to justify the fee. but he would definitely want to come to a champions league team, double his wages, play with a set of lads who are clearly some of his best mates, at a team who are becoming renowned for developing and playing young english players, for a manager who everyone in the game rates very highly, instead of playing in the championship. 

He is Mr Villa, i can see him never leaving to be honest.

even if he does, he would not come here, i accept your points, of course i do and anyone of rational senses would also see what you are suggesting.

But he just isn't coming here, ever. Sorry.

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

you mean if we signed him he would leave after one season ??

he isn't coming here so not much point in the conversation …..

More in respect that despite us winning the league, guaranteeing him Champions League football, being a guaranteed starter and presumably offered a lot more in wages, he still went to Chelsea.

I'm not sure what it takes to overcome this, but would say it's going to take us years of continual CL qualification for players to look at us as a viable option to enhance their careers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cujek said:

He is Mr Villa, i can see him never leaving to be honest.

even if he does, he would not come here, i accept your points, of course i do and anyone of rational senses would also see what you are suggesting.

But he just isn't coming here, ever. Sorry.

like i said i’d be a big price he comes to us when united are crying out for a player like him, but he’s never staying at villa imo. don’t care if he supports them, if he’s captain, if his dad wants him to, if he likes villa park, very good players don’t stay at shit teams anymore. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cujek said:

No no no no and no.

He would never in a million years come here, i doubt he would leave Villa even if they get relegated anyway.

If he ever does leave Villa (which i doubt), he has Spurs or Man utd written all over him as well.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised. And I'm not just talking about the shorts.

Just got a hunch x

28 minutes ago, Adster said:

Brother speaks to Jason Farndon (Cov Youth Coach) all the time at work who speaks to Maddison a lot and he said he's already signed a 130k-a-week contract before going to Dubai. 

That’s a lot of dosh for a 23 y o at Lcfc ........ way more than maguire got when he signed his new deal ..... I don’t think we sell under any circumstances this summer on the back of that (assuming the numbers are correct)

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s a lot of dosh for a 23 y o at Lcfc ........ way more than maguire got when he signed his new deal ..... I don’t think we sell under any circumstances this summer on the back of that (assuming the numbers are correct)

Maddison is a better midfielder than Maguire is a defender. Maguire was disposable (more than Maddison, anyway) considering we had Soyuncu ready and waiting.

If Maddison gets sold, on that kind of wage, it's gonna be for a shitload of money be it this summer or next summer.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maddison is a better midfielder than Maguire is a defender. Maguire was disposable (more than Maddison, anyway) considering we had Soyuncu ready and waiting.

If Maddison gets sold, on that kind of wage, it's gonna be for a shitload of money be it this summer or next summer.

My point is that if we are considering selling him for a big fee come the summer then doesn’t matter if we pay him 100k .... we still ask for a huge amount when they come calling .....

perhaps the 130k reflects the fact we wouldn’t put a release clause in .......

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Agreed. I've been watching The United Stand a lot this season. It's providing great entertainment while that club is in such a state. They think they can get Maddison for around £90m in the summer. If he is sold this year, it will probably be for north of £100m. I think it's unlikely that he'll leave, anyway.

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That's because he's already a far better player, future prospect and investment than Maguire ever was. Not knocking Maguire, he's a very decent centre half and gave us great service but he's got his limitations and flaws and due to their circumstances, had Man Utd's pants down. Maddison is very young and has plenty of improvement in him and subsequently value. 

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Never thought I’d see the day Leicester were dishing out 130 thousand notes a week contracts. Fair ****ing play jimmy. 

It seems mental doesn’t it, but giving him an extra ‘X amount’ than we usually would will add millions to his transfer fee if we did sell him. Great business! 

On 06/02/2020 at 21:19, Cujek said:

No no no no and no.

His tight shorts make me uneasy too :wub::wub: