Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

8 hours ago, Hales said:

To be honest I think people are a little crazy if they think Madders, LCFC or friends and family don't read these forums! We want to attract and keep these young players and some of the comments are really harsh. Is it any wonder he hasn't signed a contract?! If I'd read half of this about me I'd be off! If he goes Chilly and other youngsters are sure to follow. Do we really want that to happen? Get behind them all. They are clearly suffering with confidence and we should we cheering them on, chanting their names and giving them a boost. He is clearly a good lad as Brendan has come out and defended him so staunchly.  I hope we can keep these youngsters but they need our support not constant criticism.

Deal ! :ph34r:

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

This. It was frustrating to watch. As a team we are not the best at getting into space to show for the ball, but Hamza was very culpable of not showing for the defence on Friday, he could have dropped and showed for the ball far more often. He will learn I hope.

.. funnily enough, that was the role he played in the under 23s and was effective as a link from the defence to the front. I always felt he could do more, by taking a bigger responsibility with the ball, by stepping in and powering forward. 

It seems that players are not being played in their best roles and over time it will have an effect as you question yourself trying to function in a way that is not best suited to your natural style. 

We are asking him to do things which are not his forte and his initial introduction to the squad led people to believe we had a superstar on our hands. Just reading the post on the forum and the concensus appears to be we don't want him near the first eleven. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe with Jack Grealish latest indiscretions United will turn their attention back to Maddison. I have to say the thought of losing Madders doesn't actually concern me a great deal. He has his moments of brilliance but for large periods he's pretty ananymous. The fact that his likely destination would be United is unfortunate but for the money we'd like get I'm not totally against it

• Like 3

Don't really like speculating about Maddison regarding this incident, as I really hope he hasn't been involved.

"The Mirror can reveal two other Premier League stars were with Grealish on Saturday. Both are household names and one is a current England player."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jack-grealish-not-only-premier-21782193

13 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Don't really like speculating about Maddison regarding this incident, as I really hope he hasn't been involved.

"The Mirror can reveal two other Premier League stars were with Grealish on Saturday. Both are household names and one is a current England player."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jack-grealish-not-only-premier-21782193

Judging by Maddison's social media activity over the weekend if be shocked if he was somehow involved. Never can be sure though. Chilwell is mates with him as well

I know Ross McCormack and Tony Capaldi have been mentioned although they don't fit those descriptions 

Edited by foxfanazer

5 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Can’t be Maddison as Southgate won’t give him a game 🤣

43 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I'd be amazed if it wasn't Chilwell and Maddison carrying on from Dubai.

57 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

‘I don’t like speculating about Maddison’ but I have done anyway. 

14 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'd be amazed if it wasn't Chilwell and Maddison carrying on from Dubai.

He hasn’t even been mentioned or linked with this story at all. 

Pair of you need to stop talking absolute nonsense. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

How many of the England squad could it realistically be...

Maddison and Chilwell would be the prime candidates. Midlands based, known as being friends etc....

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

How many of the England squad could it realistically be...

Maddison and Chilwell would be the prime candidates. Midlands based, known as being friends etc....

Quite a few young players with one recent-ish cap would be considered part of the current England squad.

Both of ours are current England players, so they can’t both have been there. Are either of them close enough to Grealish / his other mates to go without the other? 

I would be surprised if madders was there just going on his social media posts? He has been quite active and posting training bits - doesn't look hungover! 😂 There have been some names said on twitter. I'm sure it will come out eventually?!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like Maddison a lot, he’s got a mature head on him. I love the way he interviews, especially how he sticks up for his mates (Wilf after the chelsea game a prime example), he’s got a good attitude and works hard.

It’s a shame that the media seem to be trying to build up a narrative about him as being arrogant and a bit of a problem, it’s a bigger shame that some City fans are falling for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Goober said:

What a bloke. Everyone loves it at Leicester

Every footballer loves to be paid well at a team that is successful.

No point winding ourselves up about how he loves the badge or whatever. Those times have gone. The second we fall apart again he will want to go.

• Like 1