Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

1 goal 0 assists in last 12, new contract really needed? 

Are contracts only given out for recent form then?

Quite obviously he's a talented player and his recent form is not indicative of how good he has been and still can be for us.

5 minutes ago, frany104 said:

And to think a lot of people said he is better than Grealish. No chance. He’s quickly playing his way out of the England setup for the euros.

He plays nowhere near the same position as Grealish who has no defensive responsibilities... Maddison heat map shows he spends as much time in our half as opponents 

Rodgers is stifling him 

• Like 1

I moaned about him so many times last season and got slated for it.

Last season he started it well then turned shit, this season has been exactly the same.

We look towards him as being our main creator but he hardly fvcking creates.

Just now, kingfox said:

I moaned about him so many times last season and got slated for it.

Last season he started it well then turned shit, this season has been exactly the same.

We look towards him as being our main creator but he hardly fvcking creates.

The heat maps show he spends as much time in our half than opponents. 

He can’t create from the half way line. Lol 

My criticism of him in his first year was that he always played in ‘moments’. Never really ran a game from start to finish.

Then he stepped out of that at the start of this season, still making his ‘moments’ count but having more or less everything going through him and dictating the play.

But he’s got comfortable. He’s believed his hype. He cares too much about everything that’s going on around him rather than just focusing on his own game. And he’s back to isolated moments of class rather than really making things happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jaylcfc94 said:

He plays nowhere near the same position as Grealish who has no defensive responsibilities... Maddison heat map shows he spends as much time in our half as opponents 

Rodgers is stifling him 

I blame Maddison and not Rodgers, he has started dropping deeper and deeper looking for the ball but it's not necessary. We don't need him to, he should be pushed up behind the striker, when was the last time he made a telling pass in the final 3rd? Little fanny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

My criticism of him in his first year was that he always played in ‘moments’. Never really ran a game from start to finish.

Then he stepped out of that at the start of this season, still making his ‘moments’ count but having more or less everything going through him and dictating the play.

But he’s got comfortable. He’s believed his hype. He cares too much about everything that’s going on around him rather than just focusing on his own game. And he’s back to isolated moments of class rather than really making things happen.

He is collecting the ball from centre halves. That’s not where we need him but is being instructed to. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I blame Maddison and not Rodgers, he has started dropping deeper and deeper looking for the ball but it's not necessary. We don't need him to, he should be pushed up behind the striker, when was the last time he made a telling pass in the final 3rd? Little fanny.

Lol what. He is clearly being instructed to that or he’d be subbed off and dropped