Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

5 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

He plays nowhere near the same position as Grealish who has no defensive responsibilities... Maddison heat map shows he spends as much time in our half as opponents 

Rodgers is stifling him 

They play the exact same position. Maddison thinks he’s Pirlo though and tries to create from our half. He’s should be in between the lines. He can’t go by a man either therefore he drops deeper to try and pass his way through. 

Just now, frany104 said:

They play the exact same position. Maddison thinks he’s Pirlo though and tries to create from our half. He’s should be in between the lines. He can’t go by a man either therefore he drops deeper to try and pass his way through. 

No they don’t. He is being instructed to play like that or rodgers would simply drop him. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I blame Maddison and not Rodgers, he has started dropping deeper and deeper looking for the ball but it's not necessary. We don't need him to, he should be pushed up behind the striker, when was the last time he made a telling pass in the final 3rd? Little fanny.

Agree. I'd be surprised if Rodgers wants him playing like that . Have said this about him when his form has dipped before in that he looks like declined, midfield Rooney at Man Utd. Dropping deep just to get involved, but doing nothing of consequence to help the team.

We dont need someone dictating the tempo who isnt that great at it. Effect the game further up the pitch. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jaylcfc94 said:

No they don’t. He is being instructed to play like that or rodgers would simply drop him. 

And you know this how??? There’s no instruction there. If Rodgers is instructing the team to play like that he needs to be sacked. Zero plan or idea in our recent performances. 

2 hours ago, ChownLC said:

Unbelievably overrated

As I said for a long time.

He was quoted as the most creative player in EPL because he took all the corners and freekicks last season, so his no of “chances” were up but a majority of them reached no one. But commentators on TV have no time to watch games like us - just read the stats 2 seconds before speaking. And then fans started to adopt it as the gospel truth instead of believing what they see on the pitch.

Having said that, I think he is a decent player, just not the creative spark we need. Too much hope on his shoulders. I think Tielemans is the one, and he plays better with Praet because Maddison’s desire for the ball and positioning on the pitch overshadows Tielemans (seriously - you have to study very closely but it is very noticeable after a while). Praet is a smart and unselfish player and he would supplement Tielemans much better.

But Rodgers doesn’t have the balls to drop Maddison (or a much clearer case in Chilwell).

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I blame Maddison and not Rodgers, he has started dropping deeper and deeper looking for the ball but it's not necessary. We don't need him to, he should be pushed up behind the striker, when was the last time he made a telling pass in the final 3rd? Little fanny.

I don't disagree at all but that last line has got me in bits here

Shocked by how quiet he was tonight- first time seen him live and was looking forward to seeing him play. Maybe just let the Norwich connection get to him. Had a nice walk around the pitch afterwards , clapping us then the home fans. Fair enough, but should have raised his game to remind them how good he is when he tries. 

Another one who I question if he's really bothered if we make top 4 as it'll only make it harder for him to justify a move.

I would say it's a double edged sword in the way that if they don't perform clubs will turn their backs on signing them but we all know it won't.

Edited by Matt

11 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

One of the most over rated players we have. 3 assists all season and he takes every set piece. 

I find this kind of criticism odd albeit agreeing he needs more assists. 

Not every free kick or corner has been shit. What about the person finishing an easy chance? Where's their criticism? 

Not absolving Maddison of any blame but it's not always down to the set piece or pass through. 

I just want to give him and the others a good shake to wake them up. We know what they are capable of but something isnt right. Confidence is clearly an issue and they are experiencing pressure and expectation maybe they haven't experienced before. This is new territory for madders! I think contracts and chats need to happen as maybe their future uncertainties are not helping either?