Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

When he's not playing well he's a passenger, he won't get stuck in or fluke something out of nowhere, a good player on form but a waste of shirt off form.

Concerning that, as a key player, when he hasn't played since he joined, his replacements (Perez at West Ham, even Ghezzal v Burnley last season) looked pretty effective when in his position. We should be missing him hugely, like we do when Ndidi, Vardy (before this spell) and Evans/ Soyuncu don't play, but we don't.

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I find this kind of criticism odd albeit agreeing he needs more assists. 

Not every free kick or corner has been shit. What about the person finishing an easy chance? Where's their criticism? 

Not absolving Maddison of any blame but it's not always down to the set piece or pass through. 

I’m not saying that it’s just down to the set pieces, I’m saying you’d expect The assists to be higher considering he takes them all. I wonder how many assists have came from open play? I remember an Evans header at villa from a corner, ndidi at Chelsea from a corner.  That could be only 1 assist from open play all season. 

Poorly judged from him to go round and applaud their fans. 

Doesn't matter how much he liked playing there, there are fans like myself who have spent large chunks of money and time to watch that ****ing garbage. I'd like the allusion that the players give a toss. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blue-fox said:

I’m not saying that it’s just down to the set pieces, I’m saying you’d expect The assists to be higher considering he takes them all. I wonder how many assists have came from open play? I remember an Evans header at villa from a corner, ndidi at Chelsea from a corner.  That could be only 1 assist from open play all season. 

Think it's about 5.

He also crossed for Iheanacho at Villa. Think he lost out on Soyuncu's Palace goal as it might have taken a nick on the way. 

Vardy vs Sheff Utd as well. 

Either way, I agree that numbers are low but point being its not just Maddison to blame for that :)

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Poorly judged from him to go round and applaud their fans. 

Doesn't matter how much he liked playing there, there are fans like myself who have spent large chunks of money and time to watch that ****ing garbage. I'd like the allusion that the players give a toss. 

I was in that corner section near the corner flag and he was laughing at the fact their fans were booing once the game kicked off and he was coming over for set pieces. I was just thinking get on with the fvcking game man.

Drop him.

We are carrying him at the minute. Sits far to deep to even influence the game and always looking for an extra touch.

I'm afraid the whole comparison with Grealish there's only one winner and it's not Maddison. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Drop him.

We are carrying him at the minute. Sits far to deep to even influence the game and always looking for an extra touch.

I'm afraid the whole comparison with Grealish there's only one winner and it's not Maddison. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player believe their own hype more than James Maddison. In fact I don’t think he thinks it’s even hype, I genuinely reckon he thinks he’s one of the greatest footballers to grace the earth. Somebody needs to get a hold of him. 

Im slowly really starting to get ****ed off with him. 

• Like 3

Still not signed that contract?

Wonder if this is part of the unease in the dressing room. Players not wanting to commit to the club long term and this is annoying those who are committed to us.

Also with a potential tournament and big transfer in the summer some players might be 'saving' themselves so they aren't too fatigued or don't want to get injured.

This would understandably rile the so called old guard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Wonder if this is part of the unease in the dressing room. Players not wanting to commit to the club long term and this is annoying those who are committed to us.

Also with a potential tournament and big transfer in the summer some players might be 'saving' themselves so they aren't too fatigued or don't want to get injured.

You might be right regarding Chilwell with those comments, he seems nailed on regardless of performances for us but as far as i'm concerned Maddison has to do alot more to get a place in the England squad let alone starting 11, he needs to sort himself out because there are quite clearly questions that need answering surrounding Maddison regarding England, it seems he's not too well thought of, put a few steps wrong and needs to keep his nose clean as it is.

Edited by Matt

35 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think this could be part of the problem perhaps Leicester have told him if we qualify for the champions league he'll not get his big move so he's refusing to sign it and gone on a bit of a sulk. There's obviously a bit of a clique in the dressing room as well which won't help either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nettle said:

I think this could be part of the problem perhaps Leicester have told him if we qualify for the champions league he'll not get his big move so he's refusing to sign it and gone on a bit of a sulk. There's obviously a bit of a clique in the dressing room as well which won't help either. 

As I said earlier us finishing in the top 4 makes it harder for a move to be justified by them.

• Like 1

He's getting a lot of undeserved stick on here. He's being made out to be as awful as Chilwell and Perez. His form has dipped along with all our non CBs but he's still getting involved, putting in the effort and not losing the ball anywhere near as much as the majority of players. The idea that we should look to sell him is nuts. 

• Like 1

Yes he isnt creating as many chances but he has been pulled back and is now working his socks off in defence and midfield. Hopefully now Ndidi is back he can go back to his normal role. He had a lengthy discussion with Brendan too during the game while Chilly was injured and so is clearly following instructions. I think the contract talk and constant talk of players moving is unsettling everyone too so contracts need to be signed and players need to commit too.  Heads then can focus on football!

Edited by Hales

15 hours ago, Katy said:

It’s obvious he doesn’t have the same affection for us as he does for Norwich. 

I’d be interested to know how Norwich fans feel towards him, they were largely an average mid table championship side whilst he was there and improved and got promoted straight after he left. 

• Like 1

On 29/02/2020 at 13:00, Fox92 said:

Drop him.

Is he sitting deep out of choice or are those his instructions though?

22 hours ago, nettle said:

I wouldn't rule it out.

Thing is though it's harder to get a move to one of the top 6 clubs now. Clubs are so well off that they aren't in much need to sell players if they are comfortable mid-table now. And the likes of Liverpool/Man City are content with what they have with Chelsea/Arsenal in danger of sliding.

Maddison is in a good position with us. He'd want to knuckle down again for his own sake.

Not troubled the opposition penalty area for weeks now, likewise Tielemans for that matter. If Rodgers has decided they need to stop supporting the attack then he needs to give his head a wobble but I highly doubt he has.

He does need to consider how he can get them more involved in attacks though, time and time again we have about 2 players in the penalty box at any one time and that was always the problem under Puel. Rodgers seemed to understand that and ensured we committed men forwards in the right situations but that has vanished for the last few months.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nettle said:

Total and utter testicles !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the Manchester United link, the good news is their finances have turned to crap, it wasnt only us that demanded an upfront fee but also palace, in the space of 3 years they have gone from over 300 million in cash reserves to barely a 100million, so they cannot fund many more large upfront transfer, at least not without selling players like pogba.

I expect the way we dealt with them on Maguire was to strongly discourage them to come back for more players, and hopefully it works.