Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He was great again today. Might not get the showreel highlights, but he runs like a machine, makes himself available, joins the attacks, drifts wide to support the play, etc.

Totally reborn this season!

It helps to be playing in position, though I would contend he was really good last season too without getting much credit for it.

Obviously a wonderful day but losing Praet for any length of time just as he's emerging as a star would be a devastating blow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Here’s the tackle that caused the Praet injury. It’s apparently a twisted knee, which will be assessed on Monday.

image.thumb.jpeg.ea9ecf28d06fde6367a7774bd66140ba.jpeg

Did he carry on playing or is that the moment he went off? 

Hopefully nothing serious. Hit the ground running and earnt his place in midfield. A silver lining yhay Maddison is back I guess if Praet is injured. Would rather both be available though! 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hopefully nothing serious. Hit the ground running and earnt his place in midfield. A silver lining yhay Maddison is back I guess if Praet is injured. Would rather both be available though! 

It was a couple of minutes before he came off but he was clearly done at that point.  Not moving well at all.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He carried on playing, but only for a couple of minutes. He was originally on his haunches in the attacking third after the challenge but got himself back to help out defensively before hitting the deck near our own goal and being subbed.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Has he put Maddison on the bench with his performances, or was Maddison injured and is that why Praet got into the starting 11?

And would you guys prefer Praet or Maddison to start (in case both were fit)?

The latter, ostensibly, but now we have a nice problem when both are fit.

Ideally, I'd like BOTH to play, but not to the detriment of the team. We have a lot of players I like, and Under to show his hand to come. Not a bad situation to be in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Has he put Maddison on the bench with his performances, or was Maddison injured and is that why Praet got into the starting 11?

And would you guys prefer Praet or Maddison to start (in case both were fit)?

Maddison was injured...

I have no Preferences as of yet,but there will be mixed opinions among the foxes-faithfull

• Like 1

Great to have both in the squad. Wouldn’t mind seeing Maddison against the weaker teams and Praet come in against the better sides as he’s a bit more of an all rounder. 

Dont forget Mendy as well that’s 5 good players for 3 positions. Throw in Choudhury and Dewsbury-Hall we’ve got a good range of great players there with different strengths. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Good point.  Maddison will always be more creative than Praet but I can't help but think that the Tielemans/Praet midfield partnership actually makes us a stronger, more balanced team.

It sound bonkers, but the midfield three might be stronger and more balanced without Maddison and N'didi!

• Like 4

On 27/09/2020 at 19:33, StriderHiryu said:

He was great again today. Might not get the showreel highlights, but he runs like a machine, makes himself available, joins the attacks, drifts wide to support the play, etc.

Totally reborn this season!

...his apparent issues with Rodgers has been resolved, so it seems!!!

Just seeing the conflict between the two in matches and his substitutions gave the impression of his time being potentially short at this club.

What ever was said, has certainly borne fruit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...his apparent issues with Rodgers has been resolved, so it seems!!!

Just seeing the conflict between the two in matches and his substitutions gave the impression of his time being potentially short at this club.

What ever was said, has certainly borne fruit.

Whatever issue it was definitely has been sorted. Dennis seems a lot happier and it was nice to see him and Brendan walking out together on the training video laughing and chatting. I think they all seemed to have looked at themselves and honest conversations have been had. Fresh start and the team as a whole seems tight. 

• Like 2

On 28/09/2020 at 12:30, Deeg67 said:

It helps to be playing in position, though I would contend he was really good last season too without getting much credit for it.

Obviously a wonderful day but losing Praet for any length of time just as he's emerging as a star would be a devastating blow.

He was great before Corona, weak after corona, and this season great again. Worth his price.