Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

This is the gist of it, really.  Even with the inconsistent way he's been used Praet's quality has been obvious from day one, and it's unbelievable how so much of the fanbase seems to have missed the boat on him.  He does things to help you win every time he plays.  Adding to that, the switch with Dennis playing in a more advanced role and Tielemans lying deeper has clearly helped both of them.  Tielemans has a tendency to disappear from games when he plays where Praet is playing now, but he's more involved in the transition from defense to attack.  And Praet is superb at getting himself into dangerous positions, and you can see how his movement all over the pitch has caused trouble for both WBA and a very well-organized Burnley.

How do you bench him?  I don't think you can.  Either Maddison becomes a supersub or you start rotating the midfielders every match.

Maddison didn't real have much impact yesterday - I prefer Praet.  Sell Maddison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jmono84 said:

He was my man of the match and that was before I hear Piper say it haha.

BBC pissed me off saying it was Castagne who skinned the guy out wide which lead to Justin’s goal (I think) when it was Praet. The guy was phenomenal today and did very little wrong.

Yes, it was Praet.  Made that goal, basically - "hockey assist", which he's always gotten a lot of.

• Like 1

I've been critical, but he's started the season well and on a different level to last season where he wasn't impacting games and seemed a bit lost. We should be keeping Tielemans and Praet together if it brings the best out of them, could it be that pairing with Maddison upsets both their games 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Im one of the people who didnt think too much of praet, thought he drifted out of games too easily. Was a masterclass yesterday, hopefully last season was just him settling into the side and learning the system/his teammates as he does have some great on the ball quality, if this is his new standard then he's going to have a fantastic season.