Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Mendy

9 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

For me he would have been a better option today playing against the high press, always keeps it tidy, always makes himself available for the pass and rarely gives it away

Is he our go to man with Ndidi out for so long?

Well you’re going to see him in the Burnley game or West Ham .....

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He and Hamza should play together while Wilf recovers and Tielemans takes a break.

No way should we be starting to defensive midfielders but I think Mendy should be given a chance to start.

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He and Hamza should play together while Wilf recovers and Tielemans takes a break.

Neither of them are great progressive passers of the ball. I fear that if you play both alongside each other then they wouldn't be able to find Maddison and the players in front of them much.

Mendy is more like a holding midfielder compared to Choudhury though, who presses a lot. So he may be more suited to Ndidi's solo holding midfielder role than Hamza is.

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Neither of them are great progressive passers of the ball. I fear that if you play both alongside each other then they wouldn't be able to find Maddison and the players in front of them much.

Mendy is more like a holding midfielder compared to Choudhury though, who presses a lot. So he may be more suited to Ndidi's solo holding midfielder role than Hamza is.

Personally I think Hamza can contribute creatively as well.

Mendy really is a good player, came here with big expectations but never really had a chance when he got injured right at the start of his stay here. Long road to recovery, a loan spell to get his confidence back in his body and then of course the Wilf factor. When you have someone of Ndidi's class holding the position then they are going to be very hard to shift (bit like any striker when you have Vardy). He, like every other player in the squad has had a few poor games, but generally whenever called on has been professional and put in a decent performance.As there has been no hint over a new contract it looks like we are going to lose out, as he will want more regular games and will be a free agent.