Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Perez cares!

15 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I thought he changed the game to an extent when he came on today, really good performance and an assist. More to come im sure. 

15 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I thought he had an excellent cameo today.

Agreed re today. But, without wishing to sound to salty, I’d like to have seen more of that determination and commitment ahead of a brief cameo in game 8. Most of which he’s been heavily involved in 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i had to google what this mad spanish word was and i advise anyone else to do the same. the wikipedia page for "racial slurs to hispanic people" is mental. 

"tacohead" is one of them. is anyone getting upset at that? 

Yes I always preferred Falco personally. #RockMeAmadeus.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Fair enough indeed, I wasn’t aware. Thanks for explaining :) I know even questioning it is a heinous crime to the sensitive fellas, but if you don’t ask you simply do not learn. Thanks 👍🏻

It might be safer to assume it is possible to be racist about any ethnicity or nation, and you won't go far wrong. I thought most people knew that already, but (as you say) that's no problem.

Your dislike of 'sensitive fellas' does join up a few dots though. PC gone mad is it? Bit of liberal baiting on a Saturday night, marvellous bantz.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Agreed re today. But, without wishing to sound to salty, I’d like to have seen more of that determination and commitment ahead of a brief cameo in game 8. Most of which he’s been heavily involved in 🤷‍♂️

I get that, and me too.But based on his performances for Newcastle and how he is known to be a slow starter (i know that feeling) i am totally convinced its the start of things to come. (fingers crossed) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It might be safer to assume it is possible to be racist about any ethnicity or nation, and you won't go far wrong. I thought most people knew that already, but (as you say) that's no problem.

Your dislike of 'sensitive fellas' does join up a few dots though. PC gone mad is it? Bit of liberal baiting on a Saturday night, marvellous bantz.

Is it possible to be racist about English people? Just asking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is it possible to be racist about English people? Just asking.

of course...well.. Caucasian

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

14 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

It was a slight nudge. Robertson knew what he was doing. I think Perez overreacted but emotions are running high when you lose in the manner we did.

Edited by Koke

9 hours ago, Sampson said:

Couldnt see it properly and maybe someone has a replay but it looked like Lallana might have thrown a punch at Schmeichel after the penalty to me.

Lallana full on went for Kasper, tried to kick him when he was getting the ball up field. 

Obviously VAR disappeared for that one

12 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

FML i must be a proper blonde but i still dont know the word... nearest i get is pricks but i dunno why that would be racist to a spaniard.. you can PM me if its rude 

.... must be having a bad day! 

The word is more predominantly use in America and not usually something that you would hear too often over here! 

Just for your information, try watching Rebel without a cause, good film and the slur is used quite often. 

12 hours ago, SO1 said:

Are you kidding! When I lived in Brooklyn and somebody was addressed in that fashion they'd get their lights punched out at the very least.

It was racist slang for Hispanics. Not kool.

If Robertson called him that then he should get a lengthy ban. Just like Suarez/Evra.

.. should be interesting!! 

Roger's came out and backed Suarez at the time, and I was disgusted with Roger's for not manning up. 

Should be interesting how he handles this now the situation has turned. 

think the best part is that for the first time since he arrived perez's hair moved out of place, and he stopped mid rage to fix it before going again. 

there is no way anyone gets that angry over "a nudge" though, lets not lie. he nearly battered youri trying to get to robertson and lallana. and apparently they were going again down the tunnel. 

• Like 1

Guest BlueBrett
2 hours ago, srex9 said:

Try living in Scotland 

Racism and xenophobia are not the same thing. The semantics are lost on a lot of people though to be fair.

7 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Racism and xenophobia are not the same thing. The semantics are lost on a lot of people though to be fair.

Nice distinction. When I lived in a heavily Irish part of the USA, I encountered a lot of anti-English feeling (this was back in the H-block days). Pretty unpleasant whatever you choose to call it.

Especially galling as I come from an Irish family myself.