Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, davieG said:

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/dele-alli-believes-that-reported-spurs-target-can-become-one-of-the-best-in-the-world/

Dele Alli believes that Leicester City left-back, Ben Chilwell, who is rumoured to be a target for Spurs, has the potential to become one of the best in the world in his position.

The 23-year-old has been one of the most consistent full-backs in the Premier League for the last couple of seasons and has also nailed down a place in the England side as Gareth Southgate’s first-choice left-back.

The Times reported a few days ago that the defender is on Spurs’ wishlist in the summer transfer window, while Manchester City and Chelsea are also said to be courting him.

Spurs currently only have one senior left-back in Ben Davies, while Danny Rose’s long-term future in North London remains uncertain.

YOUR Club's Player's WORST Ever Game
Alli has raved about the Foxes star and named him as one of the four best Premier League players plying their trade outside the Champions League.

Speaking about Chilwell, the Spurs midfielder said in an interview to OTRO: “We’re from the same area, he’s from Milton Keynes too, so I know a lot about him as a player and I’ve always watched him.

“We’re such good friends as well and I think he’s got potential to be one of the best in the world.

“If me and Ben Chilwell were going one-on-one, he may say he will stop me 10 times and I’d say I’d get past him 10 times.”

Spurs Web Opinion

I believe Chilwell will be an excellent replacement for Danny Rose and, given his ability going forward, would prove a fantastic option to have in the squad. However, I believe he is likely to be out of our price range given that the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea are rumoured to be in for him. I will be extremely surprised if we enter the race for the England defender.

Doesn't watch us too often does he.

I like chillwell, always have. People talk about his confidence as crap and I agree, but I dont agree that his confidence will get better by staying in the first team 100%. I'd like to see Justin have some game time at LB instead of him and Fuchs and see what he can bring...

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I like chillwell, always have. People talk about his confidence as crap and I agree, but I dont agree that his confidence will get better by staying in the first team 100%. I'd like to see Justin have some game time at LB instead of him and Fuchs and see what he can bring...

I'm sure if we were safely in the CL spots we would have seen a lot more of the fringe players, besides there's a lot going for having a consistent back four.

Just now, davieG said:

I'm sure if we were safely in the CL spots we would have seen a lot more of the fringe players, besides there's a lot going for having a consistent back four.

I agree in part. Its iffs and buts, but justin is not only at least as agile as chilwell and with pace but he's a lot stronger too on the ball and can hold his own up closer to wingers attacking him. I would rather have him even in our current predicament with 10 games to go on that basis because our back 4 have been fragile for a while now and team after team are going after our left flanks relentlessly.

10 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

True, I'd like to see Justin get some minutes whilst Chilwell's form is poor.

However, if Justin makes a few mistakes that lead to conceding or if he has a poor game in general, will our fans tear him inside out on here and on Twitter the same as they have Chilwell?

Just now, lcfc278 said:

True, I'd like to see Justin get some minutes whilst Chilwell's form is poor.

However, if Justin makes a few mistakes that lead to conceding or if he has a poor game in general, will our fans tear him inside out on here and on Twitter the same as they have Chilwell?

I would say with absolute confidence that they wouldn't! (he says with a wry smile). In all seriousness I would hope fans would give him time like all of our fringe players, and give him a lot of support especially given his performances in the cup and especially against west ham where I thought he was excellent.

10 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

50m for chilwell ? 

have you seen him play the last 3 months ? 

£15m tops 

That's the market.

As much as I don't rate him, I still think we could get £40M.

Just now, goody2028 said:

Love this doesn’t even play and still gets ripped a new one lol  

well, that can also show that other player's deserve on current form to play instead of him. Justin was great tonight, should play on Saturday based on that alone. 

Given the current rate, you are looking around the £40m mark. With Fuchs deputising with aplomb when Chilwell was injured previously, and JJ putting in the good performances (starting or not), you can't help but wonder if Ben's Starting XI place is under serious threat.

Needs to up his game, and fast. And we have seen the best of him before, so we all know he is capable of it.

Listening to this guy when we played Birmingham sitting behind me and the lad going on about how he knows “Chillers!” How he goes on the Pi55 with him & Madders la de la

and how the Deal has already gone through with Chelsea and he’s just going through the motions awaiting for the season to end etc etc etc !!

Edited by justfoxes

32 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Cash in the £50+m with no ill feeling, persist with Justin and have Fuchs here as back up next season, best for everyone I feel.

38 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Just bin him please. Take the 50 million and run to the bank. 

Here's a mental idea, maybe we keep Chilwell and JJ? Outlandish, I know.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guybino said:

well, that can also show that other player's deserve on current form to play instead of him. Justin was great tonight, should play on Saturday based on that alone. 

Completely agree Justin should start ahead of him Saturday no doubt about it. Just think we should be focusing on how well he played rather than how poor chillwell has been in this case. 

• Like 1