Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Next match - Palace (A) Sunday 14:00

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Let’s just hope Zaha doesn’t have Chillwell on toast, and I do wonder if we might see Marc on the left as extra help.

I can see your reasoning for playing Albrighton. 

I would still go for Barnes, he has played great the last 2 matches. If he can get running at Kelly and forcing Zaha / Townsend to keep defending we will get chances. Neither of their wingers can defend, but they are very solid and organised. 

I'd keep the same team tbh. Palace is a tough team but we have the attacking firepower to overwhelm them. Let's stick to our guns and play our way. We can always change shape etc if things are not going to plan in the second half

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

No more far fetched, than our  ambitions..!!! Plus our History wasnt great....I bet you love plastic...:cool:

This rampant dismissing of Palace puts me in mind of Burnley from two seasons ago.  Palace is a team with average talent and a manager who's a master of getting maximum results from average talent.  Is that any different than what Burnley was - and is?  And that Burnley team, as you recall, finished 7th and denied us a place in Europe.  Granted we're better than we were then, but it's still silly to dismiss CP as a potential rival for a European place.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

This rampant dismissing of Palace puts me in mind of Burnley from two seasons ago.  Palace is a team with average talent and a manager who's a master of getting maximum results from average talent.  Is that any different than what Burnley was - and is?  And that Burnley team, as you recall, finished 7th and denied us a place in Europe.  Granted we're better than we were then, but it's still silly to dismiss CP as a potential rival for a European place.

I will happily dismiss them.  For Europe anyway.  No chance.

And I think I would beat any bookmaker's odds....

1850569483_images(1).jpeg.fc256cd10bf9b6154249f7f859605183.jpeg

It's funny, some posters were complaining that people were showing Palace too much respect early in this thread.  Now we are dismissing them.  And 'rampantly' so.  lol

I do think it will be a tough game on Sunday, but I don't see them as rivals.

Edited by murphy

We are due a decent result against these. 

For some reason they always seem to turn up against us. There’s a different feel for me though about playing them this weekend. 

3 points!!

• Like 1

Next 2 league games will tell us a lot about our potential this season.

Palace have started well and always do well against us so I'm expecting a tough encounter. We have the players to win but Roy is a better manager than many on here give him credit for and they have some more than decent players. Also perhaps the best penalty taker in the league.

Need to forget what happened at Southampton and come out playing aggresively on the front foot. Anything less will probably result in the usual loss to Palace.

Was going to say all away games in the Premier League are difficult but that's lost some meaning seeing as we won the last one 9-0 lol but Palace is a difficult trip. I'm more confident going there then I would be if we were at home, they are average at home and we play right into their hands.

Obviously will have to score 3 to win as Benteke and Milivojevic (p) are guaranteed to score as per.

I would start Albrighton on the right for this. Crazy I know, especially as Perez got a hat trick last week. However, with Zaha attacking our right, I don’t want Perreira to be boxed in. The best way to deal with their obvious threat is for Riccy to keep attacking as he does and Marc will offer the cover better then anyone else who can play there. 

15 hours ago, murphy said:

Ignoring the bizarre 'plastic' insult, (weird, even for you) who have Palace got that can match our XI?   Where is their Vardy or Ricardo?  Where is their N'didi, Maddison or Tielemans.  They have a poor man's Mahrez in Wilf Zaha and not much after that.  A lot of neutrals are tipping Leicester for Europe.  Palace have struggled in recent years so Europe does seem a bit more far fetched to me.

As for history, in the PL era or recent history there is no comparison.  Trophies, championships, Champions League, three more seasons in the PL than them, five top half finishes to one, England internationals.....

I think we're a better side and whilst it will be a tough game, I just think that we're better than they are.  We might not win the game on Sunday but I would bet a testicle or two that we finish above them.  Just my opinion you prickly old so and so.

Testicles & prickly..good combination..:rolleyes:

I believe Palace,has a better side than some on here will have. Like us they have been gathering Experience und their players are more than decent.

My attitude as a fan,is not to try and evaluate and compare the opposition against ourselves....has History has shown even way back in tue 70s &80s,

Palace aus Bad the irritating habit of bringing us back to reality,und Dumping us back on our knees...

I have never bothered to listen to outside Praise or critic...The Great Thing with football we have a league,and after a season, and any parts there of we have

Great developers like Days Form and the end balance of  EOS,But being staunch Leicester I wont overrate or more importantly underrate the opposition,and take that entitled stance,we use to and still do abhor from other teams fans  and pundits with agendas or Bias loyalties..

Kick-ass on the pitch Not Off it..!! Importantly respect the Next Team we are up to face.....Yup!! Your right I am a prickly so n so!!:ill:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Testicles & prickly..good combination..:rolleyes:

I believe Palace,has a better side than some on here will have. Like us they have been gathering Experience und their players are more than decent.

My attitude as a fan,is not to try and evaluate and compare the opposition against ourselves....has History has shown even way back in tue 70s &80s,

Palace aus Bad the irritating habit of bringing us back to reality,und Dumping us back on our knees...

I have never bothered to listen to outside Praise or critic...The Great Thing with football we have a league,and after a season, and any parts there of we have

Great developers like Days Form and the end balance of  EOS,But being staunch Leicester I wont overrate or more importantly underrate the opposition,and take that entitled stance,we use to and still do abhor from other teams fans  and pundits with agendas or Bias loyalties..

Kick-ass on the pitch Not Off it..!! Importantly respect the Next Team we are up to face.....

Well I don't think I have been disrespectful to palace.  I have said that it will be a difficult game.  They are in great form and I'm not sure I fancy us, but I don't see them as European contenders.   Just a different opinion to yours.  We can respect the opposition, although that depends on who they are and we can respect opinions that differ from our own.

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

up!! Your right I am a prickly so n so!!:ill:

You forgot the 'old'. ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well I don't think I have been disrespectful to palace.  I have said that it will be a difficult game.  They are in great form and I'm not sure I fancy us, but I don't see them as European contenders.   Just a different opinion to yours.  We can respect the opposition, although that depends on who they are and we can respect opinions that differ from our own.

You forgot the 'old'. ;)

Bookkeeper..!!! :teehee:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

They're flying under the radar this season and would be happy to get one point from these lot. Tough game.

No one will be happy with a point against CP.... Liverpool yes... CP? -___-

On 31/10/2019 at 06:43, Gwyn said:

If you look at our team next to theirs we are superior everywhere, (questionably Zaha if he turns up) and also have a superior manager, we on on a roll and confidence is at a all time high suggests Palace are no longer our bogey team. 

Keep our belief and our standards high, and, I can see the Leicester juggernaut rolling all over these 3-0 Leicester. 

After they nicked our flags i think the away suppport should all come back with a couple of chairs and some bricks and we can rebuild their shit stadium upside down for photos outside the huntsman.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Genuinely couldn't even remember this fixture from last season. I have just looked at the side we put out that day;

Schmichael 

Ricardo

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Mendy

Ndidi

Albrighton

Gray 

Maddison

Vardy 

Okazaki, Ghezzal & Iheanacho off the bench.

What a difference 12 months can make! 

TBF it is not the personnel that was the problem but the way we were set up with the insistence on having both Ndidi and Mendy together. Even this term under Rodgers, we have seen that playing two DM just does not work for us.

Like to see us start with plenty of pace, passion and drive. No point in giving them time on the ball. I'm sure BR will have got the side down from cloud 9 and will be stressing that this is a new game and the 9-0 counts for little now, in fact it could make Palace more determined. Much as I have no love for Hodgson he is a decent manager for a side like Palace and always seem to get the best out of his players.

I'd go:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez

Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Bring on Barnes and Gray (who had a decent game in midweek) if we are chasing the match, and Hamza if we are trying to close the match out.

We owe them a few beatings after what they've inflicted on us during the Puel era.

1 minute ago, ThaiFox said:

Like to see us start with plenty of pace, passion and drive. No point in giving them time on the ball. I'm sure BR will have got the side down from cloud 9 and will be stressing that this is a new game and the 9-0 counts for little now, in fact it could make Palace more determined. Much as I have no love for Hodgson he is a decent manager for a side like Palace and always seem to get the best out of his players.

I'd go:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez

Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Bring on Barnes and Gray (who had a decent game in midweek) if we are chasing the match, and Hamza if we are trying to close the match out.

We owe them a few beatings after what they've inflicted on us during the Puel era.

As much as I am a big fan of Albrighton and have pressed his case and defended him to the hilt on here, I would start with Barnes for this one after his display last week. I would bring Albrighton on to help steady the ship once we are ahead or if Zaha is giving chilly the run around

• Like 2