Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Next match - Palace (A) Sunday 14:00

13 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

And with kind respect to you Sir, we are playing the most potent and professional football we have Ever played, your big win can and may happen, and as we march on we will fear no one and bogey have no relevance. 

There is something special we can all see happening here. 

I don't disagree that it's possible that we could win big but you shouldn't forget that they are also in good form and they play best counter attacking against a team that goes on the front foot. 

The possibility of a big win, however, doesn't change the fact that they're still our bogey team and will be until *after* we beat them.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

A pretty critical game against a legit rival for Europe in good form, on the road.  It's not a team you have to line up with a negative strategy against, but Palace is more than decent and will be very tough at home.  In truth a point would be perfectly fine. 

I'll give you that they're in good form but a rival for a European place is a bit far fetched.  Palace have only finished top half once in Premier League history (10th - 2014/15).

They'll start dropping soon enough.  A tough game but we're just better than they are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Difficult and testing game yes, they are very defensive and dull. Rivals for Europe no, they don't have a decent goalscorer and don't score enough goals. With 10 goals they're only just ahead of two teams in the relegation zone and only one more than Norwich. Early season bluster and they will plummet down the table over the course of the seadon and finish just above the relegation zone again. They are a poor team.

I disagree.  The Owl is underrated as a club coach and their talent level is solidly mid-table.  I expect them to be in the fringes of a Europa spot for most of the season.

As most have said, this is Ayer another test of how much we have progressed. I’m still apprehensive and Zaha always seems to find a way of causing us problems. They’re a big strong, in your face team and we’ll have to match them on the basics if we want the quality to shine through. Banking on Brendon to get everyone up for this. Hoping for a win, but expecting a draw or loss. Hope I’m wrong!

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There are many teams in this league with better players but as a group this Palace side are very effective. They have done a number on us so many times in recent years but we now have the ability to cope with teams that want to sit deep and try and counter attack us. 

We have to stay patient and positive and I think we'll get a result.

:fc:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There are many teams in this league with better players but as a group this Palace side are very effective. They have done a number on us so many times in recent years but we now have the ability to cope with teams that want to sit deep and try and counter attack us. 

We have to stay patient and positive and I think we'll get a result.

I certainly hope so - still haunted by that 3-0 home stuffing in 2017 when they hadn't scored or picked up a point away from home all season IIRC (and we had just hammered Southampton at their place in the previous game!)

2 hours ago, murphy said:

I'll give you that they're in good form but a rival for a European place is a bit far fetched.  Palace have only finished top half once in Premier League history (10th - 2014/15).

They'll start dropping soon enough.  A tough game but we're just better than they are.

Tbh that’s what everyone said about us in 15/16😂

22 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I certainly hope so - still haunted by that 3-0 home stuffing in 2017 when they hadn't scored or picked up a point away from home all season IIRC (and we had just hammered Southampton at their place in the previous game!)

Oh yeah, that was abysmal!!!

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I disagree.  The Owl is underrated as a club coach and their talent level is solidly mid-table.  I expect them to be in the fringes of a Europa spot for most of the season.

I absolutely agree with you regarding Roy Hodgson but with the exception of Zaha who will bag between 7-10 goals per season (if he was at Leicester for example he could score more as at Palace he's the only player the opposition have to target), there's not a great deal of talent there. A decent defence which Hodgson through his organisation gets the best out of and thats about it. Having finished 12th last year and with Batshuayi and Bissaka gone, I don't see them finishing any higher this year. We've allegedly under Rodgers now got a better idea how to break stubborn defences down and have considerably more atrack minded players than was afforded to Puel. Agree, not easy, but if we had any ambitions of top 4 for example we should be winning this or at minimum a draw.

• Like 1

can't believe what i'm reading in this thread hahaha. people unanimously agreeing that palace have a great squad and a great manager. someone literally said this will be our toughest game of the season. 

they are fu cking garbage. they play jordan ayew up front ffs. i wouldn't even be able to pick half their team out of a line up. hodgson is about 95 and doesn't know his arse from his elbow. they start jeff schlupp most weeks. 

for some reason they have literally annihilated us every time we've played them in the last 3 years but lads, let's not pretend. if we don't win here it's a rubbish result, the same as every other time we don't win here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

can't believe what i'm reading in this thread hahaha. people unanimously agreeing that palace have a great squad and a great manager. someone literally said this will be our toughest game of the season. 

they are fu cking garbage. they play jordan ayew up front ffs. i wouldn't even be able to pick half their team out of a line up. hodgson is about 95 and doesn't know his arse from his elbow. they start jeff schlupp most weeks. 

for some reason they have literally annihilated us every time we've played them in the last 3 years but lads, let's not pretend. if we don't win here it's a rubbish result, the same as every other time we don't win here. 

You might care to look up the definition of that word, Mr Exaggeration. I certainly don't have any fear of them.