Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Next match - Palace (A) Sunday 14:00

Believe that BR was manager at Liverpool when they were 3-0 up at Crystal Palace and conceded 3 goals in that last 15 mins to drop 2 points that cost them the league title.

He will know better than anyone what they are capable of and their physical style of play. As such he will not let any complacency creep into our team. A repeat of the sort of performance away at  Sheff Utd would be just the job.

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

As much as I am a big fan of Albrighton and have pressed his case and defended him to the hilt on here, I would start with Barnes for this one after his display last week. I would bring Albrighton on to help steady the ship once we are ahead or if Zaha is giving chilly the run around

Hopefully Chilly will reproduce his good form from last week and keep Zaha reasonably quiet.

2 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

Toughest match of the season. When the critics say we struggle against teams that sit deep and defend, they are talking about Palace. 

But Rodgers' side are the new deal. If we go there and put out 100% we can win this. 

Toughest I agree. Our bogie team. But as in the previous post, we need to play to our strenghts and that is to press hard and attack

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Wrong. The best way to deal with their threat is to attack and fight fire with fire. So you have Zaha? Nice one but I see your one good player and I raise you Barnes, Vardy, Perez, Maddison and Tielemans. We cannot start changing players and tactics just because of one opposing player. We attack them we win, simples. 

That’s what I said. We need to ensure Riccy is not bogged down defending. Our attack is better than theirs so we need to ensure we are the ones attacking not defending. That’s where Albrighton comes in to offer that cover when we do lose the ball.

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That’s what I said. We need to ensure Riccy is not bogged down defending. Our attack is better than theirs so we need to ensure we are the ones attacking not defending. That’s where Albrighton comes in to offer that cover when we do lose the ball.

We should be fine cover wise with Ndidi and Cags and Evans as cover. Albrighton is a bench player these days.

19 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Nope nothing to do with them beating us . Other teams do it regularly and i don’t dislike them the way I do these . 

Nothing wrong with a bit of irrational hatred.

Its like when you dont like your childrens friend, you know it's wrong, but **** it. They're irritating.

Embrace it i say

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Believe that BR was manager at Liverpool when they were 3-0 up at Crystal Palace and conceded 3 goals in that last 15 mins to drop 2 points that cost them the league title.

He will know better than anyone what they are capable of and their physical style of play. As such he will not let any complacency creep into our team. A repeat of the sort of performance away at  Sheff Utd would be just the job.

Ok so liverpool dropped points to palace that day but who was palace's manager and which players that day still play for them now?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Ok so liverpool dropped points to palace that day but who was palace's manager and which players that day still play for them now?

Rodgers has hopefully learned a hell of a lot since then. Not about Palace but about game management, opposition strengths, our weaknesses. 

44 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Rodgers has hopefully learned a hell of a lot since then. Not about Palace but about game management, opposition strengths, our weaknesses. 

To be fair he manages at a club now that has strength up and down the pitch with depth on the bench .

Compared to Liverpool whose only strength was to attack(breathtaking) and nothing to come off the bench.

People don't realize how threadbare Liverpool was at that point in the season.

Running on fumes due to ownerships inability to strengthen in the winter.

Bit of a long shot, but I'm currently in New Orleans and wondering if there's any sports bars downtown that will be open for tomorrow's 8am kick-off here. Hotel TV only showing CNBC (Arsenal v Wolves at moment) but our game is on NBCSN. Any suggestions would be helpful.

16 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

Toughest match of the season. When the critics say we struggle against teams that sit deep and defend, they are talking about Palace. 

But Rodgers' side are the new deal. If we go there and put out 100% we can win this. 

I hardly see Crystal Palace as harder than Liverpool or Chelsea,  I think some people sometimes say these things partly as a comfort blanket for themselves should we lose combined with the ability to be able to say I told you so for the same reason. If we play our game we should be all over these like a rash! A bang average side managed by a very decent manager who always organises his club sides well. Every week it seems for some it's going to be the hardest game of the season. This one really isn't. Could we lose? Of course we could, any team can lose any game.

• Like 2

Quite a big game 2moz! If Palace win they go 5th if we win we go 6pts above 5th. That would be some statement. I no we have been saying every game is big so far but when ur at the top every game is big. I'm confident we will knick it. Probably only by 1 goal. Defo wont be a 9-0 scenario but would love that! Coyb 🦊💙🦊

same team as Southampton, Palace are nothing special they will try and get in our faces and look for an early goal but I think we will carry on in the same fashion and turn them over quite easily in the end.

if we want top four then we need to come away with 3 points tomorrow.

1-5

• Like 1