Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Next match - Palace (A) Sunday 14:00

A tough place to go in all honesty. Puel played in to Hodgsons hands each time with slow sideways passing in dangerous areas. We were suckers to keep getting robbed and countered against especially in the 1-4 home defeat that saw Puel finally sacked. 

If we play how we are now under Brendan I fully expect us to go and win. 

• Like 3

This one does worry me a little TBH. That said I predicted Southampton would be a dour draw or hard fought narrow win so what do I know. They are going well at the moment and we should we wary but we should play our game and not theirs. N'didi needs to mark Zaha's card early on but we should not get sucked into giving him the chance to fall over in the box as we all know he most certainly would. Hopefully Last week was the start of something for Perez and would be delighted if he could bag again Sunday. We seriously owe these one and recent results should be enough to spurs us on.  Would take a draw but I think we have enough in current form to take all three points. If we could get an early goal I think they could fold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

1-4

0-3

0-5

**** me these lot have really taken us to the cleaners. 

50 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Really hope we beat these for some reason I have an unreasonably dislike for them and I don’t know why . Just one of those clubs . 

Clinton-Baptiste-e1528886349158.jpeg

• Haha 4

Premier League Current Form Table

Last Result: 27-Oct-2019 
Premier League Form (Last 6)
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts Last 6 
1 Liverpool 6 5 1 0 11 5 6 16
WWWWDW
2 Chelsea 6 5 0 1 17 7 10 15
WLWWWW
3 Leicester 6 4 0 2 19 5 14 12
LWWLWW
4 Man City 6 4 0 2 18 6 12 12
LWWLWW
5 Bournemouth 6 2 3 1 8 5 3 9
WWDLdd
6 Arsenal 6 2 3 1 9 8 1 9
DWDWLD
7 Wolverhampton 6 2 3 1 9 8 1 9
LDWWDD
8 Aston Villa 6 2 2 2 11 10 1 8
dLDWWL
9 Brighton 6 2 2 2 8 7 1 8
DdLWLW
10 Sheffield Utd 6 2 2 2 4 3 1 8
LWLdWD
11 Burnley 6 2 2 2 9 9 0 8
DWDWLL
12 Man Utd 6 2 2 2 6 6 0 8
WLDLDW
13 Crystal Palace 6 2 2 2 7 10 -3 8
LDWWLD
14 Tottenham 6 2 1 3 9 9 0 7
WLWLDL
15 West Ham 6 1 3 2 6 7 -1 6
dWDLLD
16 Newcastle 6 1 2 3 3 10 -7 5
LdLWLD
17 Norwich 6 1 1 4 5 14 -9 4
WLLLdL
18 Watford 6 0 4 2 3 13 -10 4
DLLdDd
19 Southampton 6 1 1 4 5 19 -14 4
WLLLDL
20 Everton 6 1 0 5 6 12 -6 3
LL

Their last 6 matches form hasn’t been all that really. Also, look who’s at the bottom :)

Of course it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve gone into a match against them as favourites and got done over.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

5 hours ago, Gazza M said:

A tough place to go in all honesty. Puel played in to Hodgsons hands each time with slow sideways passing in dangerous areas. We were suckers to keep getting robbed and countered against especially in the 1-4 home defeat that saw Puel finally sacked. 

If we play how we are now under Brendan I fully expect us to go and win. 

Not the whole story I know but in fairness to Puel, he didn't have the players we have now ie not one attacking midfielder of note.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Hoping Kouyaté plays for them on sunday - he is one of the worst footballers to ever pull on a premier league shirt yet is constantly being praised as a top player. Simply cannot work out why - he is absolutely dire.

If he plays you’re likely to find out why after that :D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, murphy said:

I'll give you that they're in good form but a rival for a European place is a bit far fetched.  Palace have only finished top half once in Premier League history (10th - 2014/15).

They'll start dropping soon enough.  A tough game but we're just better than they are.

No more far fetched, than our  ambitions..!!! Plus our History wasnt great....I bet you love plastic...:cool:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Hoping Kouyaté plays for them on sunday - he is one of the worst footballers to ever pull on a premier league shirt yet is constantly being praised as a top player. Simply cannot work out why - he is absolutely dire.

Didn’t he score at our place at the start of the great escape ? 

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

No more far fetched, than our  ambitions..!!! Plus our History wasnt great....I bet you love plastic...:cool:

Ignoring the bizarre 'plastic' insult, (weird, even for you) who have Palace got that can match our XI?   Where is their Vardy or Ricardo?  Where is their N'didi, Maddison or Tielemans.  They have a poor man's Mahrez in Wilf Zaha and not much after that.  A lot of neutrals are tipping Leicester for Europe.  Palace have struggled in recent years so Europe does seem a bit more far fetched to me.

As for history, in the PL era or recent history there is no comparison.  Trophies, championships, Champions League, three more seasons in the PL than them, five top half finishes to one, England internationals.....

I think we're a better side and whilst it will be a tough game, I just think that we're better than they are.  We might not win the game on Sunday but I would bet a testicle or two that we finish above them.  Just my opinion you prickly old so and so.

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Didn’t he score at our place at the start of the great escape ? 

I remember him making a meal of a soft challenge to get Vardy carded in the title winning season when Vardy later got sent off. I was raging. 

Their fans are probably one of the most-vocal around.

But try not to take any flags, or they may steal them..:ph34r:

Without Zaha, they are very average tbh.

Had tipped them to go down for a couple of seasons, but they manage to avoid the plunge.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

..as many have stated, this will be a tricky one!!!

We seem vulnerable when teams counter us and I feel they have the ability to do that all day. Zaha will be a factor but they have beaten us comprehensively without him so we should not get hooked on just what Zaha does.

This could go either way, Palace must feel quite confident for this game but we have a good team to compete with them.

We seem to be working out how to break down teams that park the bus. The movement of the ball combined with patience around the penalty area the last few games has been sensational.

I think we have the beating of teams that will sit back and try and counter. Our only fear now should be the teams that will actually come at us, and have the quality to hurt us - City and Liverpool. As long as we don't give the 'big' teams too much respect, like we did against Utd, we are ahead of the rest in the PL right now.