Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Next match - Palace (A) Sunday 14:00

Can BR out-fox the Owl?  I frigging hope so.

These fixtures have been a very un-pleasant experience of late and we really do need to put this right. These are no mugs though and Woy is a clever man.  I would take 1-0 now. 

• Like 1

Team in fine form, great shape, confidence high, what's to fear?

I'm talking about Crystal Palace.

I've always liked them, but don't really want Palace to be our bogey team, so let's wrap this game up.

They do have a system that can damage us, especially if Zaha runs at us. 

I'd imagine "after Southampton©" Hodgson will have a back 5 and a cautious midfield primed for counter attacks. 

As for us, can't see the need for any changes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Bogey team alert! I've already got visions of Zaha falling over Soy's outstretched leg and going down like a sack of spuds. Palace 1-0 City (Milivojevic pen).

This is precisely what's gonna happen.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Bogey team alert! I've already got visions of Zaha falling over Soy's outstretched leg and going down like a sack of spuds. Palace 1-0 City (Milivojevic pen).

I made exactly the same prediction with my mates on WhatsApp. Totally sick of losing to this lot, though. That 4-1 defeat earlier this year was ridiculous in terms of the general play and number of shots each side had but that's what they do; they're very clinical. On paper they are nothing special but as a collective they are very dogged and hard to beat. Think they are in the top 6 or even higher for form in the calendar year 2019. This will be a totally different game to Southampton as they will set up with a low block and 2 banks of 4 and look to hit us on the break. It might just be me but their pitch seems relatively narrow, further limiting space. It's going to be a tight, tense game, I suspect.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

With the form we are in we should fancy our chances against anyone, but Palace are our kryptonite and there’s always a combination of them raising their game and us lowering ours in these fixtures. 

That said we’ve been so good we surely are due a point there at least? So will go for a 1-1 draw.

Wished we had been playing our 1st game this season against these at home. Naturally very wary about this and i wouldnt be disappointed with a draw.

Play like we did on Friday though and keep Zaha quiet and it could end up being a good result. 

Fingers crossed 0-2.

Good side Palace. Hodgson a very underrated manager in all honesty. They’ve been a thorn in our side recently. 

If we truly want top 4 then beating these is a must. A draw would be ok. 

however, as we’re gonna win da facking league, we’ll smash em 1-5. Get in. 

• Like 2