Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Next match - Palace (A) Sunday 14:00

If we can break the hoodoo tomorrow 🤞🏻, that will take us into the Arsenal game with a win against Arsenal putting us 9 clear. It would also put us 10 points ahead of Man United and 8-11 clear of Tottenham before we play Arsenal. Massive incentive. The lads won’t be thinking like that I’m sure, they’ll be focusing on performing tomorrow first, but one can dare to believe 🦊🙏. 1-2 Leicester. Zaha inevitably for them, Ayoze and Vards for us 🤞🏻🦊

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I hardly see Crystal Palace as harder than Liverpool or Chelsea,  I think some people sometimes say these things partly as a comfort blanket for themselves should we lose combined with the ability to be able to say I told you so for the same reason. If we play our game we should be all over these like a rash! A bang average side managed by a very decent manager who always organises his club sides well. Every week it seems for some it's going to be the hardest game of the season. This one really isn't. Could we lose? Of course we could, any team can lose any game.

I had similar arguments before the southampton game, so i wish you the same luck.

I agree with you, but it's not quite the same as my argument with people saying there are no easy games in the premier league. That match had all the markings of a potentially easy game, but given these have had our number so badly in the last 4 games, it doesnt feel quite the same for me.

However, it still does feel largely in our own hands. If we dont win, it will more likely be down to us than the "quality" of the opposition.

More difficult than last week almost certainly, but we still have every reason to be optimistic. Just not quite so confident.

Edited by gw_leics772

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

I had similar arguments before the southampton game, so i wish you the same luck.

I agree with you, but it's not quite the same as my argument with people saying there are no easy games in the premier league. That match had all the markings of a potentially easy game, but given these have had our number so badly in the last 4 games, it doesnt feel quite the same for me.

However, it still does feel largely in our own hands. If we dont win, it will more likely be down to us than the "quality" of the opposition.

More difficult than last week almost certainly, but we still have every reason to be optimistic. Just not quite so confident.

But then maybe my confidence is only knocked by the years getting here.

It is so very good, i dont want to say that im waiting for the wheels to fall off, as i genuinely dont expect it, BUT, it did feel close to being one dodgy result away from slipping into the pack.

Win tomorrow and open up a 6 point gap to 5th, and a genuine top 4 running away with it, and my optimism will quickly turn to confidence that sees our xmas fixtures against liverpool abd man city as somethig to look forward to, rather than fear.

Good times.

• Like 2

I don't know why but I'm not got a good feeling about this game. It's definitely going to be a tough game. I would take a draw, but if we're going to be serious in battling with the top 5/6 it's the sort of game we need to be winning. 

I'm going with 2-2 with a late equaliser from palace. 

Nervous about this one.

After Chelsea, L'pool and Man City all getting wins yesterday, it feels like we also really need a win to stay in the hunt.

If we've got genuine top 4 aspirations this season, it feels like a must win.

I couldn't give a toss about Palace being a bogey side or any of that historical stuff, all that matters is current form and I'd take a shithouse 1-0 off Wilf's left arse cheek if it means we get the 3 points today.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Nervous about this one.

After Chelsea, L'pool and Man City all getting wins yesterday, it feels like we also really need a win to stay in the hunt.

If we've got genuine top 4 aspirations this season, it feels like a must win.

I couldn't give a toss about Palace being a bogey side or any of that historical stuff, all that matters is current form and I'd take a shithouse 1-0 off Wilf's left arse cheek if it means we get the 3 points today.

This is exactly where i am, it was a lot easier last week winning on the Friday and going into the weekend without relying on other teams results. Now its the other way round and the pressure is on us to win. An away draw would be ok, but with Chelsea winning yesterday it really does feel like a must win and i don't care how we do it.