Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Mahrez 'lost two years at Leicester'

I wonder if he reflects much on his two PL winners medals…. Which one was at the highest level?

The fairytale where he played sublimely scoring and assisting for fun, adored by the fans and wining the PFL player of the season 

or…

Making 7 starts and 16 sub appearances (making that up as I can’t be bothered to check) and feeling like you’ve stolen a medal, whilst having disappointed your new ‘fans’

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

This whole thing has made me love Vardy even more. The way that Kante, Mahrez and Drinkwater have disrespected the club, it would've been so easy for Vardy to do the same but he chose us. Now he's immortalised as a Leicester City legend. The all time fan favourite :wub:

King has shown immense loyalty over the years, but had been ridiculed for being a money grabber and bench warmer.

so though I agree with you re: Vardy, many of our fans can be fickle and selective about who they hold in high esteem.

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I wonder if he will still making these remarks when he becomes the forgotten man at Man City just before he gets loaned out to side like Southampton. Yeah talk about greatfulness. 

Sadly he's looking like the next Scott Sinclair at Manchester City. Possibly a move to Celtic to resuscitate his career?

That is dissapointing to read. Somewhat tarnishes his time here. A truly gifted player that was a joy to watch.

On one hand, you have to admire his honesty as I'm sure that's what a lot of footballers really think.

On the other hand, who the **** does he think he is? A self entitled **** that epitomizes everything bad about player power 

Sad he is going out of his way to sully his status here with such comments. You can understand that he is disappointed with his failure to really break through at Manchester City, which I suspect is at the heart of this outburst, but his reputation and greatest triumph was made here. Sullying that with sulky disrespectful comments reflect badly on him. We should always be grateful for his role in the PL title but let's move on and let him mope. We have a new chapter and heroes to hail hopefully 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

the "well the grass isn't always greener, he's never played for man city and he's ruined his own career" response is just completely wrong btw. 

does nobody on this forum ever watch football ffs. bunch of proper weirdos. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Let's get it right, we picked this fisherman up from some dock in France, make him a world beater and he's got ****ing cheek to give it biggun after spending a year on bench and collecting the same amount of medals as Phil Foden. You're the Arab Samir Nasri mate, hows about you pipe down and MIND THE GAP. 

I heard he was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar.

• Haha 1

If true then really disappointing, not that he seemed to have a great character anyway. 

Comments like this aren’t just incredibly disrespectful, they’re borderline delusional and simply factually inaccurate. He is complaining about only joining Man City at 27 and saying he should and could’ve been there at 24, but at 24 not even Arsenal would’ve been sniffing around yet.  

At the absolute most, we blocked him from leaving for a year maximum but Roma didn’t put up enough cash and it’s not like they’re competing for any honours anyway. January - it was obviously tough to sell in the middle of the season and in the following window he left. His comments just stink of bitterness, he’s not getting on as well as he dreamt he would at Man City and now he’s shifting the blame.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I appreciate you not attacking me over this. I don't see it as me being PC (believe it or not, I loathe many aspects of PC), rather that I know how bad for personal health this sort of thing is. 

Everyone has every right to vent, of course. I maintain my right to discourage the practice :)

On the contrary I admire your commitment to seeing the best in people, or at least refusing to judge without having met somebody in person. there is nothing to be respected about ranting behind anonymity on the internet... But that said at times a spade should be called a spade!!! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

On the contrary I admire your commitment to seeing the best in people, or at least refusing to judge without having met somebody in person. there is nothing to be respected about ranting behind anonymity on the internet... But that said at times a spade should be called a spade!!! 

Thank you, that's a genuinely nice thing to have said.

You may or may not know that I am a semi-regular in the Depression thread - I find it all too easy to get dragged into a negative spiral, so this is knowledge borne of self-protection.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just to clarify, his agent had agreed everything with wenger ...... but we wouldn’t let him go ??

so we changed our minds?

or we never agreed to sell in the first place?

or his people assumed we would sell ?

which is it ?  I am confused ........

Probably did want him, he wanted to go, but Arsenal as per usual wanted to pay next to nothing. Results was that sulky boy had to learn that it's not all about him! What spoilt little cockwomble.

• Like 1