Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Tielemans and Maddison

8 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

KDB is the result of putting those 3 players best qualities into one.

barnes pace and strength, dribbling and size.

maddisons shooting and close control.

tielemans vision, game management and his ability of knowing where to be at a certain time.

scary. 

was pretty rubbish at Anfield tho

8 hours ago, January47 said:

I think also they are still developing physically. Maddison looks stronger and fitter this season. Tielemans still looks a little leggy to me later in the game but is slower getting there.

I also think Youri is still getting better fitness wise, slowly. It's that old cliche that it is very hard catch up if you miss much of the pre-season.

But he is playing really well now, even if he is still looking very tired at the end. He never gets subbed tho, and I reckon that is because BR's team know it is only more minutes will fix his fitness.And he is a magnificent player, no doubt about that. I think he is our onfield tactical captain, practically, although JV is our heartbeat, obvs.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Our template for a midfeld three is literally my perfect midfield. All young and quality as well. Fantastic stuff.

It's great that you look at this team and probably with the exception of the two wide attacking players it would be almost impossible for us to improve on the starting XI. 

• Like 1

The difference is the example of Vardy's goal against Arsenal. Tielemans is probably only player who would see that pass rather than shooting or taking a touch and getting crowded out. Incredible unselfish vision.

Maddison is brilliant receiving the ball on the turn, making space for himself under pressure.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401
18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting question! In our team, I think our central midfield 3 have specific roles that in some way remind me in some way of the legendary Milan team of the late 2000s.

- Ndidi is our destroyer as we all know. Protects the defence and watches out for the turnover to allow the other two to do their jobs. Reminiscent of Gattuso.

- Tielemans is our box-to-box player. I feel like he generally runs more distance during games and provides more of a link between defence and attack. That's not to say Maddison doesn't also do it, but Tielemans does this role more often. He reminds me of Seedorf. In the last 6 games or so Tielemans has come into his own and I feel that's because he's fully match fit now and able to go for a full 90 minutes. He is best at orchestrating and running the game in the middle third of the pitch, again a bit like a vintage Seedorf!

- Maddison is our schemer and focal creative outlet. He has the best vision and range of passing, but this season is also adding goals to his game and supports the attack more often. He reminds me of Kaka when he was at Milan in terms of the role he plays. He is best at running the game in the opponent's half of the pitch from the half way line to their goal.

Now that AC Milan team also had Pirlo who is probably the best midfielder of the last 20 years along with Zidane, but functionally the rest of the roles correlate to our team. Or even a little similar to the legendary Barcelona team under Pep with Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. 

I think this setup suits all of our players and to answer your question, I feel like Tielemans is better in the box-to-box role, and Maddison better as the one who supports Vardy. Both can do the other role, but from what we've seen in recent weeks, it works best this way. I feel like the 8 and 10 shirts that the two players are perfect for their roles int he team, the 8 is usually more of an all rounder whereas a 10 is further up the pitch.

All 3 players are exceptional for their age. Honestly if we could keep all 3 together for 3-4 years you could be talking about a Champions League winning midfield 3! I know that sounds crazy but I really don't think it is because all 3 are on the same wavelength and all 3 create such an exceptional balance to our side. The problem is of course, I cannot see us keeping all 3 because crazy offers will come in for them. Tielemans and Maddison could fetch 100m+ and Ndidi I think will break the world record for a CDM because of his crazy stats. I think we will keep all 3 till the end of next season at minimum though, and who knows maybe they will get to that Champions League final in that time :cool:!

You do know that if, 10 years ago you had predicted this post................

you would have spent the last 10 years detained under the Mental Health Act. (OK you might have been released in 2016 but you get my drift).

14 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

You do know that if, 10 years ago you had predicted this post................

you would have spent the last 10 years detained under the Mental Health Act. (OK you might have been released in 2016 but you get my drift).

Yes it's ridiculous!

I still can't believe Youri Tielemans is a Leicester City player. I remember seeing him in action against Man United in the Champions League live on TV, where he looked absolutely outstanding, and the general consensus was that he was destined right for the very top and would be playing at an elite club within a year or two. Look at Frenkie De Jong who is at Barcelona for example. Somehow that same player is playing for us and is as good as we thought he would turn out to be back then. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stadt said:

The mental thing is that De Bruyne is better than Maddison and Tielemans combined, plus he's taller, quicker and stronger 

Well he isn’t better than them combined. That’s just plain daft. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well he isn’t better than them combined. That’s just plain daft. 

I didn’t literally mean he’s better than 2 players but if you took the best qualities of both and put them into one player - De Bruyne would still be better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

I didn’t literally mean he’s better than 2 players but if you took the best qualities of both and put them into one player - De Bruyne would still be better.

When you explain yourself properly I agree. 

For me the difference is that youri is much better with his face to the goal and receiving the ball from deep. Where he can see the whole game in front of him and pick out good passes as well as running into spaces and playing nice one twos. I think he has a better range of passing and that his passing is much accurate, saw a crazy stat that only Trent has played more balls into the final third than youri so far this season. Also I think he’s a better crosser from wide positions. However, I do think that he is less creative. Personally I think he’s pretty poor at receiving the ball further up the pitch and with his back to goal, which is what he was having to do a lot when madders was being pushed out wide and he had to fill in the space and that’s why I think he had a slow start to the season. I think he’s a better finisher than Madders, but not as good runner or as good defensively.

Madders is great at receiving the ball further up the pitch, with his back to goal as he can turn his man inside out in a flash. His dribbling is far better than Youri and I think he is a much more creative passer, even if it is less accurate. He’s a much better distance shooter and a significantly better set piece taker.

I think Youri is really good at making the team tick. Before he was here we greatly missed someone that could pass from a deep position into the advanced areas and into madders’ feet and now that we have him, it’s like the final piece of the puzzle. 

• Like 4

The trio we have in midfield now is so well balanced, they are all top players that can do a bit of everything. Our midfield options of the bench are good to all improving even  Demarai is showing us he has more in his locker now. 

I watched  the Lcfc post match interview and Demarai said the teams full of leaders. It sounds so good to hear them all so positive.

• Like 2