Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnglishOxide

Amartey

Seen a lot of rumours he'll be off to Turkey in Jan.

After his injury I think it's for the best he leaves on a permanent deal.

I like him and he's not a bad player, I said in the summer to send him out on loan but he's been left behind by the current squad so I think he needs a fresh start somewhere he can play week in week out, and that ain't us. 

24 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Has he been injured? Can't help but think he's the forgotten man at the minute. Not a single minute on the pitch this season. On the bench only once against Luton.

Can Rodgers and Kolo turn him into a suitable replacement for Morgan or a back up to Pereira?

On loan at Ajax 

Oh wait no that's fifa sorry.

He was hitting form but then got that bad injury sadly.

Now he's back from injury we've moved on as a team and squad, dont want to be too harsh but I cant see a way in for him given our squad strength at present.

Edited by Nalis

The horrific injury he picked up a year ago will have taken a lot of rehab and also i suspect affected him mentally too. A decent utility player who can fill in but i agree that he has probably been left behind by the quality we now have and so his opportunities here will be limited at best.

There were rumours linking him with Sheff utd in the summer but i do not think he was back to full fitness. I hope for his sake that he gets he finds a good club and gets his career back on track whether that is a loan initially or a permanent move.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

it would be no shame to say its time for him to move on.

With our best wishes. An honest player who deserves better than being a squad filler here where he is too far down the pecking order now to get any serious game time. We should not forget that he was a regular starter before his injury and so much has happened in terms of our development as a team while he has been out he has unfortunately been left behind and no oppourtunity to be in the shop window either

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 3

He's been back in training with the first team lately. He was starting to hit his stride before his injury and I still think he could do a job for us at CB (as fourth choice), at least until we can get someone better in permanently. Imagine he'll be off on loan to a lower prem side or abroad in the summer though. Seems like a decent pro so all the best to him however it works out from here on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

With our best wishes. An honest player who deserves better than being a squad filler here where he is too far down the pecking order now to get any serious game time. We should not forget that he was a regular starter before his injury and so much has happened in terms of our development as a team while he has been out he has unfortunately been left behind and no oppourtunity to be in the shop window either

seems tailor made for  a team like Burnley or Brighton.

• Like 1

Think this ‘utility’ tag he’s got during his time here hasn’t helped. Jack of all trades master of none. Would’ve been far better just trying to knuckledown in the position he felt most comfortable in rather than try and play all over the park. Although I appreciate that’s easier said than done when your only apparent way into the 1st team is to be that utility player. 

Time he moved on, for himself more than anyone. I like Amartey and he won’t struggle in finding a new club, but for the best that he leaves us soon.

45 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I would like to se him shipped out on loan fora season or two before cutting him a drift. See if he can find more to his game given regular minutes. He was quite the prospect when he signed.

He's 25 next month and although he's been injured and has some qualities he's not really at our level anymore. It would be best for all concerned that we sell him and get a fee and both move on. It happens.

How does everybody know with such certainty that Amartey won’t have enough to offer when he finally gets into a match?  We haven’t seen him, even in training.

OK, it seems unlikely.  He only even made the bench against Luton.  But if the options for an insurance policy at CB are Big Dan or an eight-figure outlay, I’d like to see him get minutes against Everton’s cup squad or Watford prior to the decision.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

How does everybody know with such certainty that Amartey won’t have enough to offer when he finally gets into a match?  We haven’t seen him, even in training.

OK, it seems unlikely.  He only even made the bench against Luton.  But if the options for an insurance policy at CB are Big Dan or an eight-figure outlay, I’d like to see him get minutes against Everton’s cup squad or Watford prior to the decision.

I think you're right. If we credit Rodgers with getting the best out of other players, why not Armarty? He who was bought in as an excellent prospect. For me he didn't look fluid enough as a midfielder and wouldn't stand a chance with our current crop. He eventually did an admirable job when filling in when needed in an unfamiliar right back role. However, it is at centre half that he excelled for his national side. A loan to get completely fit would seem a good option in order to reassess in the summer. Should we get into Europe we're going to need a big squad and Rodgers may just be able to do something with him, don't throw the baby out with the bath water quite just yet.