Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnglishOxide

Amartey

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

How does everybody know with such certainty that Amartey won’t have enough to offer when he finally gets into a match?  We haven’t seen him, even in training.

OK, it seems unlikely.  He only even made the bench against Luton.  But if the options for an insurance policy at CB are Big Dan or an eight-figure outlay, I’d like to see him get minutes against Everton’s cup squad or Watford prior to the decision.

Exactly, we need a squad to cover all eventualities. Get him out on loan to get some form and confidence back. If we can get a reliable squad player for next seasons domestic and European campaigns then great, let's not forget he has experience playing in Europe with us and Copenhagen.

If he can't get any sort of form back on loan then it is time to let him go but that will add to the squad strengthening we will need to do next summer.

A good utility player that would most likely be required next season if we get into Europe and increase the number of games we play.  Not a bad player and seemed to be coming into his stride before the terrible injurt, I wouldnt be in a rush to get rid, but would be no shame in letting go if we can find a suitable upgrade. Either way, he seems a decent professional and never hear anything negative about him, wish him well where ever he ends up.

• Like 1

Has shown enough to warrant a spot on the squad - I think we'll all be glad we have him if one of the big boys comes in for Ricardo. 

Maybe a loan in January is a good decision, but he's one who should stay into next season with Europe looking more and more likely, we will need rotation at every position. 

Nominally I see Justin as back up 1, Amartey as back up 2, but with Fuchs likely leaving end of year, that makes him required. 

I have mixed feelings on Amartey. I think he's a big talent,  but since his bad injury the club has to make a judgement call based on what they know. We're are not privy to that info so I respect their decision. But I was looking forward to seeing  him proving himself here, Which he was doing nicely before his injury. 

I'd be sad to see him go. 

Last time I saw him, he was doing nicely at right back and looking good with Ricardo pushed higher up the pitch…

I also remember him doing nicely at times in central midfield and staring regularly at centre half for his country 

Good character (we all know Brendan likes that)

I simply don’t ever remember him being bad for us…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, knitro said:

Has shown enough to warrant a spot on the squad - I think we'll all be glad we have him if one of the big boys comes in for Ricardo. 

Maybe a loan in January is a good decision, but he's one who should stay into next season with Europe looking more and more likely, we will need rotation at every position. 

Nominally I see Justin as back up 1, Amartey as back up 2, but with Fuchs likely leaving end of year, that makes him required. 

Imagine going from Pereira to Amartey

• Sad 1

I've been wishful that he can come good as a CB option for us, but he'll likely need a loan move first. 

So in January, could he be loaned out to be a starting CB at a Championship club, and then would he want to come back to challenge Benko for a spot on the bench, maybe getting a few starts when needing to rest players? Seems all unlikely.

Shame he's had such bad luck with injuries. I think it was two seasons running he played a few games at RB, started playing well before getting crocked.

Could be a good squad player here, especially if we're in Europe next season, but if he can stay fit, he could be a regular starter at another PL club.

I'd like to see him go on to have a good career, whether that's here or somewhere else.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, majaco said:

Ghana's captain in the Afcon.  He's had some good games for us.  He has his haters, so could get on with Barnes,Gray and Chilwell.

Could Big Dan be an option soon?

No. If he was in the manager's thoughts he would have been on the bench today.

He's not going to get a look in at full back or in midfield. We're overloaded with options that are better than he is.

Seems a lovely lad, but he could do with a loan somewhere to kick start his career.

We may find that is our fortune to have him.  He could come back from injury.  

I have just seen a Harry Arter wonder strike on MOTD.  Danny Ings is scoring many.

Given confidence, players come good.  Amartey was getting into our team before injury.  

He has quality.  Rodgers and team are capable of getting performances out of him.  And Barnes, and Chilwell, and Gray, and Ienacho,  and whoever the experts on negativity of this forum judge negatively.  If Amartey is called on, he could do himself proud.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 21:22, Wolfox said:

Last time I saw him, he was doing nicely at right back and looking good with Ricardo pushed higher up the pitch…

I also remember him doing nicely at times in central midfield and staring regularly at centre half for his country 

Good character (we all know Brendan likes that)

I simply don’t ever remember him being bad for us…

Man Utd home and away.

I think we have moved on and he is too limited and not technically good enough to be a Rodgers player.

He is whole-hearted, popular and a decent player but needs to move on for the sake of his own career.