Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Liverpool's title?!!

48 minutes ago, shailen said:

No chance is it over. If they get a few more injuries they will struggle.

Same story with us, in that a few injuries will hurt us.

Difference is of course that they’ve already had players out for a decent period and still won almost every game.

When you can bring in the likes of Shaqiri, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana and Keita it softens the blow somewhat. The only one of our non-starters who’d get a look in in a Liverpool match day 18 is Praet.

I don’t think we should write off our chances we don’t have European football to contend with so we can focus solely on the league, look at Liverpool’s fixture list it’s quite gruelling if they stay unbeaten during this period then fair play they deserve the title. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm disregarding Liverpool and just enjoying that we have all the hallmarks of a title winning side.

We're growing into the season and getting better. We have are mean at the back and ruthless up front. But most of all it's the intelligence of the team; like a boxer sussing out his opponent for six rounds of technical defence and point scoring jabs...then, out of nowhere, a powerful combination and the opponent is down. It's our viciousness after that combination I Iove. No sitting back hanging  on v Palace, Arsenal and today. We actually want to destroy them with more goals. The behaviour of winners.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ttfn said:

In a “normal” season (ie basically any season before 2017/18) we’d be in with a chance.

Liverpool will get at least 90 points this season - they barely need 2 points per game from here to get to that mark. We are not going to get 90 points. 80? Maybe but still unlikely despite our good start. 85? Outside chance.

absolutely. i’ve been saying for weeks people genuinely either seem to be in denial, or are just plain stupid. this liverpool team is unbelievable. they will probably get more points this season than last season. they’re going to break nearly every record there has ever been. 

there is literally no chance we will catch them. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Disagree. I think there's every chance Liverpool can lose to the likes of  Everton,Man City, Man Utd and even mid table Burnley, Newcastle, Wolves type teams.

Confidence and nerves can do funny things to sports pros

why do you think that out of interest? they’ve lost one league game by 12 millimetres away against man city since may 2018. 

53 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Difference is of course that they’ve already had players out for a decent period and still won almost every game.

When you can bring in the likes of Shaqiri, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana and Keita it softens the blow somewhat. The only one of our non-starters who’d get a look in in a Liverpool match day 18 is Praet.

I genuinely dont see their bench as being capable over a few fixtures to cope and maintain their current form. Van Dijk has been and still is pivotal to them, as are their full backs and their front three, especially Firmino.

Obviously you can say the same thing about us, but the only player if we were to lose to injury, that would totally disrupt us imo would be Vardy. His presence is key to the way we play. 

The other factor which I think is massively overlooked at least by most is that liverpool play in so many competitions. They are playing in Europe and the club world championships. They will pick up injuries and fatigue especially over the Christmas period. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

We are still way off the title. They've lost 1 in 52 matches, they need to lose three for us to overtake them.

Don't worry about the title, it's the gap to 5th that is most important. Far more pressure on Man City than ourselves.

The Boxing Day game will be a turning point particularly when we've won two nowt!!

37 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Fairly easy. No team keeps on winning forever. 

i mean that’s great logic but it’s not particularly scientific is it. they are miles better than any other side in the league. 

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's scientific in that no team in 150 years of football has managed to permanently keep winning.

Past performance is not a guide to future performance.

one loss in 18 months and they have got a big enough lead to probably allow themselves at least 5 losses in the next 6 months and still win it. 

i appreciate the sarcastic comments that they aren't going to win every game for the rest of time, but they will win comfortably enough games to win the league from this position. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

Bit unfair for me Praet, Gray (on current form off the bench) and James Justin and Fuchs we have weak squad depth upfront and center back everywhere is is pretty good in my humble opinion.