Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Liverpool's title?!!

21 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

it's differen this season because they have VAR to fall back on

But everyone was saying last time that they won't be as high as they finished last season because VAR was coming in.

I hate to say it  but Liverpool are more than worthy of being were they are currently.

• Like 3

The sad reality is they could lose 2 games out of the last 25 and we could win all of ours (30 wins on the spin in total) and still finish 2 points behind them. It will take a really whiffy spell from them to open this title race up for us, I have full confidence in us as a team but I don't see us winning let's say 20+ out of the final 25 games, so Liverpool would need to lose or drop points in at least 6-8 of their remaining games.

Not happening is it, surely?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The sad reality is they could lose 2 games out of the last 25 and we could win all of ours (30 wins on the spin in total) and still finish 2 points behind them. It will take a really whiffy spell from them to open this title race up for us, I have full confidence in us as a team but I don't see us winning let's say 20+ out of the final 25 games, so Liverpool would need to lose or drop points in at least 6-8 of their remaining games.

Unlikely,  but never say never.

Personally, I can quite easily imagine a tight title race between the top 4, never mind 2 or 3. Everybody seems to think we have to win 23/24 more games, we don’t and we won’t.

Liverpool will drop points, not in 15/20 games time but in the next 5. They’re flying at present, no doubt but they are nowhere near as solid or as fluid as the previous two seasons.
Im guessing by the time we play them the gap will be down to 6.

After we beat them it will be down to 3.

The pressure WILL build and the scousers will fold and we can all live happily ever after. 🧐

• Like 2

They (and us as well most likely) will eventually drop a game to some mid-low level team, not to mention one of the bigger squads eventually has to draw or beat them. 

They'll feel the heat as the chased, we should enjoy the role as perhaps surprising primary pursuer. A long way to go still!

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

they’ve dropped 2 points in their last 22 games and you think they’re going to drop 19 points in their next 25? that is an incredible drop in form that there is simply no basis for, where are people getting these ideas from?!

It's mad ain't it? It's nice to think it's not necessarily over but to do that you have to completely ignore what Liverpool are doing. 

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Realistically -no . They are too well equipped for that to happen. However by extension the teams below us will need to embark on a seriously good streak whilst we implode to displace us from top 4 

5 minutes ago, Sudjambon said:

Have to remember though that they are going to go deep in the champions league which brings complications. They only need a couple of injuries to cause problems (same as any team I know!) so we just have to keep applying pressure and beat them on Boxing Day 

They navigated the CL last season whilst only losing 1 league game. 

Unfortunately this season, at present, they're winning their games rather than a few draws.

December is a long grind of games. January will be a better indicator of who's where. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

they’ve dropped 2 points in their last 22 games and you think they’re going to drop 19 points in their next 25? that is an incredible drop in form that there is simply no basis for, where are people getting these ideas from?!

I think that's perfectly acceptable. That run of form over a season is still an 85pt season. Liverpool aren't blowing teams away at the moment, they're just doing enough whether that's a dubious last minute penalty against us or winning their games in the last few minutes like they've been doing recently.

I'm more concerned with getting Champions League football than I am of winning the Premier League this season and I'm more concerned what Tottenham, Arsenal and Man Utd are doing rather than what Liverpool are doing. If we are going to be in the title race then Liverpool are going to have to drop points before us and then we'll have to beat them at home. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Football...hope & dreams..!!!   Because your Type of Stats are there for screwing..!!  :yesyes:

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Markyblue
On 27/11/2019 at 06:42, ScouseFox said:

Because we won in 2016, Greece won the euros, wigan won the fa cup, Wimbledon won the fa cup, its football unlikely but by no means impossible nobody wins the league after 13 games.

Anxiety creeping in at Anfield. Busy schedule coming up, fatigue setting in, injuries starting to occur, Champions League qualification in jeopardy.

All it needs is for them to lose a game in the league and raging fear will envelop the place.

Is Klopp 🤡 the calm figure of authority needed for a potential crisis? 🤔 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 06:42, ScouseFox said:

I agree with this sort of rational thinking all though I would absolutely love it if they lost a couple of games they were not supposed too and it tightened up for a few weeks that would be great fun.

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I agree with this sort of rational thinking all though I would absolutely love it if they lost a couple of games they were not supposed too and it tightened up for a few weeks that would be great fun.

yeah of course it'd be an absolute dream if their whole squad got injured or suspended and they lost 10 on the trot, but this thread doesn't seem to have anyone saying "i'd love it if they dropped 10 times more points in their next 20 games than they have in their last 20", it seems to be full of people genuinely thinking they are definitely going to drop that many points "just because". 

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

There December is absolutely insane. Especially now the Saltzburg game is a big one.

Taken from the BBC website:

Screenshot_20191128_093816.jpg

It's not really is it. 

They can rest loads of key players against Flamengo and Villa in the cup, the travel will maybe cause a tiny bit of jet lag but it'll be managed by professional staff at the top of their game. 

Brighton, Watford, Everton and Bournemouth are all pretty shit and fairly kind fixtures. 

Wolves and us are their only particularly challenging lolling fixtures and Wolves is at Anfield so they'll get a bunch of free VAR goals. 

Oh and Salzburg is a more or less over hyped dead rubber against a team with no idea what defending means. 

Edited by Finnegan

Liverpool can't sustain their form. They're just not playing well enough, once the luck runs out and the doubts start kicking in I can see them going on a shoddy run. It's all set up for Salzburg knocking them out of the champions league and them losing their heads.