Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Liverpool's title?!!

On 26/11/2019 at 20:04, Ric Flair said:

The sad reality is they could lose 2 games out of the last 25 and we could win all of ours (30 wins on the spin in total) and still finish 2 points behind them. It will take a really whiffy spell from them to open this title race up for us, I have full confidence in us as a team but I don't see us winning let's say 20+ out of the final 25 games, so Liverpool would need to lose or drop points in at least 6-8 of their remaining games.

Not happening is it, surely?

Think our best hope is they draw a few whilst we win a few :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Liverpool can't sustain their form. They're just not playing well enough, once the luck runs out and the doubts start kicking in I can see them going on a shoddy run. It's all set up for Salzburg knocking them out of the champions league and them losing their heads.

if they get knocked out of europe they will win the league by even further than they are already going to win the league by. 

• Like 2

I think the extent of Fabinho's injury is massive for them. Whenever I've seen them this season, he's been excellent. They don't have that deep a squad so if he's out for a bit then I can see them dropping a few points over the festive period like they did last year.

I thought they looked very leggy v Napoli last night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

if they get knocked out of europe they will win the league by even further than they are already going to win the league by. 

Naaah, they'll be in the Europa league. Also their heads will be gone. The football they're playing cant keep getting results. It's got to be a massive statistical anomaly. It's all gonna fall apart for them. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not really is it. 

They can rest loads of key players against Flamengo and Villa in the cup, the travel will maybe cause a tiny bit of jet lag but it'll be managed by professional staff at the top of their game. 

Brighton, Watford, Everton and Bournemouth are all pretty shit and fairly kind fixtures. 

Wolves and us are their only particularly challenging lolling fixtures and Wolves is at Anfield so they'll get a bunch of free VAR goals. 

Oh and Salzburg is a more or less over hyped dead rubber against a team with no idea what defending means. 

Salzburg is not a dead rubber. Presuming Napoli beat Genk, It's pretty much a straight shootout for qualification against a good attacking side away from home. 

Aside from that it's 10 games in a month with a game in Austria and a couple of games in Qatar, not to mention a 500+ round trip to bornemouth. Not sure why you would argue that for a top professional outfit that a pretty heavy schedule! 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Conceding goals every match and scraping over the line means they are still getting the job done but it shows how important Joel Matip is to them. Van Dyke looks much less of a player without him alongside.

43 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I remember hearing this an awful lot in 2015/2016 :ph34r:

Hahaha, I thought about it as I was typing to be fair. This has been going on for a while now though, they haven't kept a clean sheet in 11 games. The wheels are coming off in the next month I'm sure of it!

On 24/11/2019 at 14:20, Gerard said:

Another way of looking at it will be how many league games will Liverpool play before their record is Won ????, Drawn 2, Lost 2?

For us to catch them we will have had to win all our games up until that point. It's December in a week and Liverpool have dropped 2pts so far this season. 

My focus is still solely top 4 and the Champions League. Maybe if we have made some ground on Liverpool by Boxing Day and we beat them then I will re-evaluate but when Liverpool play any club with top four ambitions this season then I'm cheering on Liverpool until further notice. If we fail to get CL football then this team will be broke up in the summer. 

Cheering on Liverpool against other top 4 sides is certainly the logical thing to do, but I just know I won’t be able to do it. I think I have some kind of mental deficiency. 🤣

21 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Cheering on Liverpool against other top 4 sides is certainly the logical thing to do, but I just know I won’t be able to do it. I think I have some kind of mental deficiency. 🤣

Why is that logical, quite the opposite. Ideally Chelsea and Man City and ourselves take maximum points against Liverpool. That would mean it's in our own hands to win the league. I want to see Liverpool beat the teams outside the Top 4 so that the gap between us and a non-CL place remains in tact or is increased.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Why is that logical, quite the opposite. Ideally Chelsea and Man City and ourselves take maximum points against Liverpool. That would mean it's in our own hands to win the league. I want to see Liverpool beat the teams outside the Top 4 so that the gap between us and a non-CL place remains in tact or is increased.

Because we are more likely to finish second than we are first, and second is better than third, fourth etc. 

2 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Because we are more likely to finish second than we are first, and second is better than third, fourth etc. 

2nd is not much better than 3rd or 4th (bar prize money for finishing position). Like I say, coming 2nd is in our own hands. Coming 1st isn't. Therefore we need Liverpool to lose games.

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

2nd is not much better than 3rd or 4th (bar prize money for finishing position). Like I say, coming 2nd is in our own hands. Coming 1st isn't. Therefore we need Liverpool to lose games.

Regardless, we are more likely to finish second than first. That’s where the “logical” bit comes in. Anyway, as I said, I’ll still want other top 4 teams to beat Liverpool. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

Liverpool can't sustain their form. They're just not playing well enough, once the luck runs out and the doubts start kicking in I can see them going on a shoddy run. It's all set up for Salzburg knocking them out of the champions league and them losing their heads.

The problem is we will as well.

As things stand its a miracle if they dont win the title.