Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Liverpool's title?!!

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Man United won many a title with dodgy decisions and stoppage time goals. It's what champions do

They won many a title because they were the best team with the most points at the end of a 38 game premier league season. Same reason we won the league and same reason Liverpool are currently top. They’ve been the best team by a county mile. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

They won many a title because they were the best team with the most points at the end of a 38 game premier league season. Same reason we won the league and same reason Liverpool are currently top. They’ve been the best team by a county mile. 

100% they have. But what I mean is these late goals aren't always just down to luck 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Corky said:

We are still way off the title. They've lost 1 in 52 matches, they need to lose three for us to overtake them.

Don't worry about the title, it's the gap to 5th that is most important. Far more pressure on Man City than ourselves.

We still have to play them at home which if we want to consider winning the title we would need to win that for sure, then it leaves a 6 point gap.

They will still have to come up against most of the top teams so its not guaranteed by any means yet all we have to do is keep winning and beat them and see where we end up.

its not over yet though

I don’t believe it’s over yet. It’s certainly not their title until it’s in their hands. 

Yes, champions do have that knack of scoring very, very late, I accept that. I also believe champions can still win without playing well. They’ve not been that convincing but have still won, that I also accept. But I also believe they will hit a rough patch.

It only takes a loss and a draw, or a couple of draws to lose ground quite quickly and to start looking over your shoulder. 

I think us, Man City and Chelsea can still push them and make it uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

100% they have. But what I mean is these late goals aren't always just down to luck 

True. It’s funny isn’t it that when you’re at the top these decisions and goals just go for you, and when you’re at the bottom they really don’t. 

In a “normal” season (ie basically any season before 2017/18) we’d be in with a chance.

Liverpool will get at least 90 points this season - they barely need 2 points per game from here to get to that mark. We are not going to get 90 points. 80? Maybe but still unlikely despite our good start. 85? Outside chance.

Edited by ttfn