Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

I've mentioned it before but we need to be careful here. It's the first time he's shown any form in 4 years, I also have doubts whether he can perform in front of full stadiums.

I don't share your doubts about crowds affecting him, but I would agree that if we're planning to offer him more money and probably 3 or 4 more years that we need to do this with the plan of having him involved and playing to his strengths. There's no point offering him this deal after a month of good form and then next season Rodgers deciding to go back to destroying his confidence again and we have a back up striker that can't even get on when we're losing and chasing the game.

It's the same as buying somebody on the back of a good world cup performance, more often than not, the team is left with an overpaid player that doesn't fit in.

If there's one area I'd say we're weak in it's contracts, we're far too generous and can be a free ride for someone once they've got their feet under the table.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

It’s not just that he’s only scored simple tap ins... he’s shows exquisite skill to score some high quality goals..

People forget his first goal the way he curled it in the bottom corner against Leeds. Also his screamer at Wembley against Spurs.

The lad's always had the talent, glad to see him playing with confidence and flair now :appl:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Are we assuming he'd sign anew contract?

Perhaps he'd want to be first choice elsewhere?

At least his stock will be high now. Even with one year on his contract, I would think he probably has as good a resale value as he ever has had since joining.

• Like 2

Even a three year deal means that if it doesn't work out so well next year we may still be able to get some decent money for him.

A no-brainer keeping a player like him for a while whilst looking to add.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

10/15 goals in the league for us have came since playing in empty stadiums, he was also dropped from Nigeria for a few years after going 11 games without a goal. I've seen it many times where a player suddenly performs for a bit to earn themself a new deal, Lingard is doing it currently.

lol

53 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I think you're being harsh on Nacho. Looking at his stats since 2015, when he made his 1st team debut for club and country, he has played 6843 mins and scored 47 goals. That's a goal every 145 mins, almost 2 goals every 3 games over a 6 year period. On top of that he has 20 assists. That's a goal involvement every 102 mins, almost one every game. His totals aren't fantastic, but that's purely because he's never been 1st choice in his career. He's 24 and if utilised properly will get plenty of goals and assists.

I think you should change your username to Statto King.

I didn't realise Nacho had that many goals, although I would probably have guessed his assists number. To be honest, I was among the doubters, and when Harvey Barnes got injured I had my head in my hands, thinking "Oh FFS, that means we'll have to play Iheanacho!", and that any chance of CL next season had just evaporated. I'm happy - delighted - to be proved wrong. Rodgers has done a great job at boosting his confidence, and I think his senior teammates - Vardy, Albrighton, Evans in particular - have helped as well. One thing I particularly noticed against Man Utd was the way he played away from goal - there was one sublime touch on the left wing where he took and controlled the ball with his right foot (I think) in one move, without it touching the ground.

Whether he'll be able to do that in front of a full stadium remains to be seen - but you can bet your life that the crowd will cheer him all the way if he scores in the first live game..

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I've mentioned it before but we need to be careful here. It's the first time he's shown any form in 4 years, I also have doubts whether he can perform in front of full stadiums.

Likely because of all the unnecessary abuse he gets because his name is not Jamie Vardy. He's a confidence player who needs the fans support and not only when things are going well.

I'll admit I was skeptical when we first signed him but some of his performances last year between Christmas and the New Year were fantastic and he has shown that form again.

Back the lad

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Well it isn't. Showed this exact kind of form for a couple of months last season and was then dropped for no reason. Oh, and that was in front of full stadiums

Iheanacho has a more than decent claim at POTM for March. He has 5 goals - with one being nominated for GOTM and a hattrick - in 3 games. I'd be surprised if he does win it though, I think the positive media buzz about Lingard right now will see him take it.

I've voted for Nacho, and I've also voted for his goal at Burnley as the GOTM. I can't see anything other than Lamela rabona winning that though. 

• Like 2

On 22/03/2021 at 22:18, Manini said:

My first lad is going to be called Seniorman isn’t he #ifyouknowyouknow 

Fast forward to 2031.

"Hi Mr Manini, it's the school. I'm afraid Seniorman might have been subjected to a bit if name-calling today, keep an eye on him"

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Fast forward to 2031.

"Hi Mr Manini, it's the school. I'm afraid Seniorman might have been subjected to a bit if name-calling today, keep an eye on him"

**** off mate he’d be telling the head teacher how to do their job. Seniorman Manini by name Seniorman by nature 

• Haha 2