Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, Criggers said:

I can hardly think of anyone who would be good enough to win player of the month 3 times. I suppose Mikel played a lot for Chelsea, couldn’t imagine him getting it once though to be honest!

The player who has won it three times, Is really not a player you’d expect to be alongside all the others who have won it 3 or more times.

1 minute ago, Criggers said:

I mean if he’s shit but won it three times I can only think it’s a striker. And I loved the commentator on pro evo screaming his name when I scored.

ODEMWINGIE!!!!

Correct Peter Odemwingie won it 3 times at WBA, all I ever remember of him is his trip to see Harry Redknapp on transfer deadline day. I couldn’t tell you a single good game he played. 

Jesus Christ it is. How the **** did he win three player of the months. That’s unreal.

His wiki page says

“He scored 30 Premier League goals for the Baggies which won him three Premier League Player of the Month awards.”

I mean did he have three months where he scored ten goals? To be fair he had a 1in3 record for West Brom, that’s not too shabby.

36 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Muzzy yes, Mahrez no

Randomly, I did a sight test on one of Muzzy’s close mates last week, and he got him on the phone for me! Like an idiot the first thing I say is ‘it’s like talking to my hero’. Muzzy replied with ‘so, er, whereabouts are you based mate?’ 😂 

Top man and really down to Earth. Came back in on my day off and he’d passed on a signed photo of him playing in the World Cup semi-final against Brazil. Proper chuffed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's had some stinkers vs man City tbf

I suppose he's never actually played them in this sort of form and confidence mind. 

That's what I'm hoping - if there's a team he'd like to bury, you'd think it'd be the one that sold him for not being good enough for them / part of their plans.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Correct!!!

To keep the questions going; Kel is also the 4th Nigerian to win the award, can you name the other 3? Hint: one of them won it 3 times.

Okocha, Ighalo and Odemwingie (3 times :o)

Just seen it was answered earlier :D

Edited by Facecloth

45 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

had a dream last night he scored a rocket of a goal from about 30 yards out against against man city lol

I had a bit of a dream about doing a superhuman rescue last night.  Imagine my sense of fear and anticipation if Iheanacho scores a rocket of a goal from about 30 yards out against Man City.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, majaco said:

I had a bit of a dream about doing a superhuman rescue last night.  Imagine my sense of fear and anticipation if Iheanacho scores a rocket of a goal from about 30 yards out against Man City.

lol i dont dream so it was a bit odd looked like wembley though :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Brilliant to see his performances rewarded and recognized, his confidence should be huge at the moment and I expect him to go from strength to strength.

A player who is good AND confident and whom has a lot of natural talent is a scary proposition. I think back to Vardy's amazing 11 goal run, or Mahrez during the title run-in as examples.

Really hoping Kelechi can continue to keep his form, and I think he will! In that Tielemans goal against Man United, Kelechi touched the ball about 5 times, on both sides of the pitch AND laid off the assist for the goal. He was quite literally everywhere at all times, causing chaos. If he plays like that, which he has now for over a month, it's hard for anyone to stop him. A revelation when we needed it the most!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Could easily have guessed that, with the typically Uzebek name of Peter Osaze Odemwingie... :D

I only knew that because I wanted to find out what had become of him,so googled his name a few weeks ago.His Mum was Uzebek and Dad Nigerian.I didn’t know Tashkent was the fourth biggest city in the old Soviet Union either.The shit you learn on the internet :dunno:

• Like 1

Seniorman by name Seniorman by nature. This bloke looked so so bad so many times, now he’s the player of the month with 5 league goals in a month with his team unbeaten. What a story this has turned in to for him. Hats off, what a guy :appl:

• Like 2

Senior man. Ive always found it a bit strange when people have said he was rubbish. It's right that he has been behind vardy, the best player in our history, but that hasn't warranted the shit he's for his performances in my opinion.   He always scored, even when his contribution wasn't the best. The guys a goal machine, his stats have always said it. Give him a run out for more than 2 games and see what he does. Great to see nacho man doing well. 

• Like 2